Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Report from the match

from Gazzathegreat and Meeky

We were absolute S**t - it was boys against men and the city fans were deathly quiet - no worthy out - Everyone was resigned to yet another thrashing. Dickson Etuhu was MoM!!

It was s**t, we dont have a football team anymore.

OTBC

"it was boys against men and the city fans were deathly quiet - no worthy out "

And therein lies the problem. We can moan as much as we like on a message board, but what REAL action is taking place?

Although I do expect if sunday goes pear-shaped there will be a lot of angry people.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]from Gazzathegreat and Meeky

We were absolute S**t - it was boys against men and the city fans were deathly quiet - no worthy out - Everyone was resigned to yet another thrashing. Dickson Etuhu was MoM!!

It was s**t, we dont have a football team anymore.

OTBC[/quote]watched some of the second half via a sat feed, actually found myself turning over to watch the everton match!

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]watched some of the second half via a sat feed, actually found myself turning over to watch the everton match![/quote]Which sums up your commitment as a fan.Bye!

I was thinking about this on the way home. I don''t think the Madjeski was the place for Worthy out chants. Those sort of chants are not appropriate in someone else''s back-yard. They should be reserved for home matches - preferrably after the match, with a mass sit-in. It would have fallen on deaf ears tonight, and would have been drowned out at laughed at by the Reading fans. It needs to be started at a home match, but not to affect the team.

It was so depressing tonight to hear the Reading fans knowing they are going up. It reminded me so much of 2 years ago, and out performance illustrated just how backwards we have gone. Our tactics tonight were non-existant. We changed nothing to try and get something from a game against the best team in the league, away from home. We went into thinking we still have the best squad on paper in the league, and that all we had to do was turn up with our 4-3-3, starring Colin, Charlton, Hughes and Etuhu and we would walk it. UnbelievableAngry [:@]

Greeno must be gutted he didn''t get his move..

Too be honest the crowd were bouyed by the earnie news but the performance was so shocking it left everyone numb;  there was a lot of talk of worthy out during and post game but combined with an acceptance that the board simply cannot see the problem and so we are stuck with him until we lose a high number of consecutive games.   A very high proportion of fans had gone by full time such was the quality o fthe performance that the rest had lost the will to live...

Compared to the home fixture the reading team have grown in confidence and we are a mockery of the side that deserved 3 points that day.  No tactical awareness, poor formations, poor delivery on the pitch from poor planning by the manager.  Things have to change - it was the worst city performance in years.

Second to every ball, no one wantiing the ball, infighting in the back line and to be honest Reading could have scored at will and a 7-0 result would not have been an unfair reflection on the game.

Time for a change...

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]watched some of the second half via a sat feed, actually found myself turning over to watch the everton match![/quote]Which sums up your commitment as a fan.Bye![/quote]I was just stating the obvious, It was a poor match and we were losing so i turned over.what is commitment? someone who who attends all home games?someone who attends all away games?someone who attends both?someone who travels from 100''s of miles away to watch city?someone who ploughed considerable money into the club?somone who above all else prefers his team to win?your opening a can of worms with silly little statements like that!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ronbol ronbol"]

watched some of the second half via a sat feed, actually found myself turning over to watch the everton match!
[/quote]
Which sums up your commitment as a fan.
Bye!
[/quote]

You were at the match then Herb?

Pleased with the performance?

Finally back from Reading.....

Thanks to Paul for relaying my text...  I didn''t have access to a computer and was so angry after what I  had just seen....

We were truly appalling.  There is no other word for it and I did watch the whole 91 minutes.  Some left after 60 or so, it was so bad.  I know most of you on here know where I stand re the whole manager/board debate and I did try to view the game objectively.  My daughter had just flown in from New York to watch it (no sleep for over 15 hours) and she is more KTF than even Dicky or Squit.  She was appalled, as she had been at Watford away and Watford home game last.  Meeky and I just sat and looked at each other and wondered when we are going to be issued with black arm bands denoting the death of our football club or rosytinted specs so we can see things as some think they are.

I didn''t joke, Etuhu was MOM, he did try, make some forward runs, a pale relection of an on song Francis, but he did make some impact, trouble was no one else was there to make anything of it.  McV tried too, but had no one to pass to or link up with.  It pains me to say it but Hucks was just asleep or couldn''t care less.  Doc was near to being sent off and the whole defence was awful. 

Midfield?  Nothing to report cos we don''t have one.

We got it badly wrong.  No tactics or gameplan to match Reading, who without being great did their job and it could have been a cricket score.  We had a few chances but you knew nothing was ever going to come of it.

The Reading fans though made us laugh, holding their placards of Loud and Proud up, as one for the announcer before the game.  Like some sort of religious cult gathering.  You had to be there.  Sadly embarassing I would guess for long term Reading fans.

I have been to hundreds of away games and that has to rank as one of the worst football wise and as for support, I think we were all stunned into silence.  Truly appalling, and if the board really think this is acceptable then we have much to worry about. 

I agree with you about the fans being quiet, it has to be said though, that the Reading fans were in excellent voice (not suprising really, given their position).  We were outclassed, no doubt about it, but we DID have some good chances, and not just at 3 or 4 down as some people have suggested.  Ethutu''s shot was saved well & Huck''s hit a post with a volley, although that was probably the only thing of note he did all game, IMO he needs to be dropped after that shocker, especially as Worthy is always banging on about Work Ethic!  Jarrett should have scored just after the break (still 2 down at the time), and how Hendo missed that header, I''ll never know.  It made me wonder how we would have done with Ashton in the side. 

I only found out that Earnshaw had signed when I was in the car on the way home, he could be the answer to those 1/2 chances, plus he has the pace that Ashton never had.  A good shake up is needed for Sunday, if he drops Hucks, I won''t be dissapointed.