Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Tettey confirms retirement after current deal

In 2021. Not exactly a huge shock. A couple of paragraphs from the article and link below:

How well the body can withstand that contract, I do not know. But by 2021, it’s over,” he is quoted as saying. “Then I’m too old. My body can’t stand it. As it is now, I can’t train on artificial turf, one knee has to be extremely well taken care of and it also requires a lot to be old and play with it.

“It’s a health decision I’ve made, and it’s fine. I have played in Norway for many years before going abroad, so it doesn’t feel bitter. But I plan to go home to Norway with my family when the contract is complete.”

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-alex-tettey-retirement-plan-revealed-1-6587556

Edited by Flying Dutchman

Whatever he does after 2021 the point is that it won;t be anywhere near this level - and even then it does risk long term damage, so it would only be for the love of the game.

Amazed he has managed to play so well and so frequently. Always missed when he's not in the team.

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

Whatever he does after 2021 the point is that it won;t be anywhere near this level - and even then it does risk long term damage, so it would only be for the love of the game.

Correct, that's why a lot of players/managers do it. They live for the game and just can't bring themselves to retire.