Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Can you name them all?

As we're almost all stuck inside and probably running thin on things to watch, thought it might be fun to have a bit of a challenge. You simply have to name all 196 officially recognised countries of the world.

I'm a geography teacher and only managed to get them all a couple of times - I normally range between 160 and 170 to give you a point of reference for what's a half decent score.

Game is simple to play - type the names of as many countries as you can think of into the box above the map. You don't need to press enter - it automatically recognises correct answers and lights them up on the map. 

If this proves popular then I will dig out a new challenge every couple of days. 

https://www.jetpunk.com/quizzes/how-many-countries-can-you-name

(note: There is an alphabetised list by continent underneath the map which fills as you fill in the countries - sometimes helpful to look there to get a hint of which ones you're missing).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

146 for me. Let down by my knowledge of the Caribbean and South Pacific/Oceania islands mostly.

27 minutes ago, Aggy said:

146 for me. Let down by my knowledge of the Caribbean and South Pacific/Oceania islands mostly.

Yeah, the South Pacific nations are pretty tricky tbf

99 in the 15 minutes (and so disappointed couldn't get to 3 figures even with 30 seconds left)

For those of us with limited fine motor control this is a very painful test!😫

good fun though.

Edited by yellowandgreen

127 for me, couldn’t spell some countries! 15 minutes is tough call. Good fun though, it got me thinking of countries I’ve been to and reeled off 52, might be more but have to nudge my mind!

Edited by Indy

123, struggled with the typing/spelling and the memory, i did not fare well on Africa or the Pacific. Great quiz thanks, going to have another go later, just to see how my memory is holding up and whether or not I have honed my spelling/typing skills!!........

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

, struggled with the typing/spelling

👍 Definitely not worth wasting ten minutes trying to spell Kyrgyzstan !!

• Haha 1