Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Corbyn Speaks

The point is it doesn't matter how much money you throw at propaganda, in a society like ours where anyone can provide a contrary view, then, as with the small boy & the Emperor's new clothes, all the propaganda counts for nothing. And it only takes one bad rumour - which can be spread at zero cost.

A man goes into a pub in a small town and, for whatever reason, gets introduced to the clientele. There’s Farmer Jack, Barman Jim, Maurice “Dancer” and Sheepshagger John. After a few pints, the visitor’s curiosity gets the better of him and he asks John what’s with the nickname.

“See this pub?” asks John, “I built it, but they don’t call me Pubbuilder John? I’m the local doctor, I saved Barman Jim’s life once when he choked on a peanut, but they don’t call me Lifesaver John. Every year, I supply a huge Christmas tree for the village green, but the don’t call me Christmas Tree John.

“But you shag one lousy sheep…”

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I don't know what Trump has said, I just assume everything he says is just noise and I don't listen. 

It's the holier than thou aspect of all this that gets me.  I literally had to stop using facebook during the Theresa May election so full of false rubbish coming from labour supporters being trolled on there - it beggared belief how much there was.  Then the tories fought back in the next election in their own inimitable way with their fake news adverts and blatant electioneering from day one of Boris becoming leader.  Yes, they were wrong, maybe illegal even and it needs to be faced up to by the tories, but they will get away with it and they've got what they wanted out of it anyway. 

FFS. They didn't fight back because they were already doing it as has been pointed out repeatedly. You're just peddling your own inimitable brand of fake news. People like you are the reason they keep doing it because they know there is no blowback. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I agree, I'm just asking that people look at both sides and see that there are faults on both sides.

Hello Lakey - I hope you and yours are well.

Kinda missing your crazy positivity in these troubling times!

As I have learned quite recently, it doesn't work to try and give a balanced opinion about political issues on here. Even a friendly discussion will lead to someone attacking you; discussion is dissent. Let people believe what they will, whichever side of the fence they are on.

Stay safe.

OTBC

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

FFS. They didn't fight back because they were already doing it as has been pointed out repeatedly. You're just peddling your own inimitable brand of fake news. People like you are the reason they keep doing it because they know there is no blowback. 

No it's not fake news.  And yes they did increase it for the last election. We all know the tories have been doing it for years, but it was inneffective in May's campaign (partly due to May herself) so they ramped it up big time for Boris's campaign.  Labour just didn't have a leg to stand on - they shot their bolt with the huge social media campaign in May's election and it very nearly worked, but have had nothing to offer since then and they have been worse than a wet fish as a political force ever since.  

Jezza Corbyn's missus sez he's been vilified.....A bit like some Villa fans saying that poor Jacky Grealish has also been Villafied.....