Sign in to follow this  

This is another one of these 'we're all bored without real football so we're coming up with absolutely anything to pass the time' ideas that I've seen on social media.

What's the best all-time Norwich XI you can name, but using eleven different nationalities? 

I've only used players that I can properly remember, so that's the last 15-20 years or so.

GK: Krul (Netherlands)

DR: Martin (Scotland)

DC: Klose (Switzerland)

DC: Zimmermann (Germany)

DL: Lewis (N. Ireland)

DM: Tettey (Norway)

RAM: Buendia (Argentina)

CAM: Maddison (England)

CAM: Hoolahan (Ireland)

LAM: Hernandez (Cuba)

CF: Pukki (Finland)

Subs:

Bassong (Cameroon)

Olsson (Sweden)

Safri (Morocco)

Lappin (Spain)

Roberts (Wales)

Mbokani (DR Congo)

I'm sure there's a better XI out there somewhere, and I can't think of a sub keeper without taking someone decent out- I'd rather go with an empty space than pick Theoklitos. 

It's heavily centred around recent players, but I think that's due to the increase in nationalities over the past few years and the fact we're probably as good now as we've been in the last 20 years.

Shuffle the pack with options such as Bryan Gunn ( Jockland ) Craig Bellamy ( Wales ) or Martin Peters ( England )

Nationalities not mentioned:

Helveg - Denmark 

Ruel Fox - Montserrat? 

Spain (ignoring Lappin’s royal status): Victor Sigura? (Not sure he gets a place in the side though...)

Diop - Senegal (definitely doesn’t get in the side!)

Jim Brennan - Canada (not a bad player) 

Ancelin or De Blassis from France - feel like I’m missing an obvious French player

Damien Francis - Jamaica

I’ll come up with a team to play the game properly as well 😉

58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Shuffle the pack with options such as Bryan Gunn ( Jockland ) Craig Bellamy ( Wales ) or Martin Peters ( England )

I considered them, but then decided to use players I can remember properly. I was a little kid when Gunn and Bellamy were here, and Peters was many years before I was born.

But when you put someone new in, it usually causes a chain reaction and you have to change half the team.

35 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Nedergaard (Denmark) for RB?

I considered him, actually. That would have freed up a Scottish player, so maybe Mackay at centre back instead of Zimmermann?

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I considered them, but then decided to use players I can remember properly. I was a little kid when Gunn and Bellamy were here, and Peters was many years before I was born.

But when you put someone new in, it usually causes a chain reaction and you have to change half the team.

I considered him, actually. That would have freed up a Scottish player, so maybe Mackay at centre back instead of Zimmermann?

Or Big Dunc?

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

All-time, yes, but he was many years before I was born so that excludes him from my list.

Maybe an extra striker then on the bench.... Earnshaw (Wales)