Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Jamal to Spurs

I've heard from a decent source - not naming names, but it has come from a relative of someone at the club who would absolutely know these things - Aarons to Spurs is pretty much done and Cantwell to Liverpool is a fair way down the track. Haven't heard on Jamal either way though.

Noone will be leaving if we stay in PL, more likely given news from National League.  Both need to further their football education here rather than on Spurs/Liverpool bench.  

I can see Aarons moving on even if we stay up, but I'm not sure about the others.

I'm not fully convinced the likes of Lewis, Cantwell and Godfrey are good enough to hold down a regular place at a mid-table club just yet, never mind a top six club. If we're in the Premier League next season, then I'd say we're about their current level, but if we go down then things might change.

36 minutes ago, pete said:

Noone will be leaving if we stay in PL...

Do you mean Peter Noone Pete?

Perhaps he means he's into something good

5 hours ago, lappinitup said:

gawd, don't start that Noone bloke off

he was in Asda yesterday complaining that all the milk had gone

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

gawd, don't start that Noone bloke off

he was in Asda yesterday complaining that all the milk had gone

That Mrs Brown's daughter though!

I wonder if Tilly has a picture?

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That Mrs Brown's daughter though!

I wonder if Tilly has a picture?

probably

a bit creased, cracked and faded round the edges

................not sure about the photo though

12 hours ago, pete said:

Noone will be leaving if we stay in PL, more likely given news from National League.  Both need to further their football education here rather than on Spurs/Liverpool bench.  

If we don't receive a percentage of this year's Sky money as is potentially likely, then we'll definitely be selling one player as a minimum, surely? 

Their development will still continue if they play for other teams, especially if moving to teams in the top 4 or 6.

For our model to have players touted with those teams are the dream, transfers with sell on %, appearances or international appearances etc.

They will play with established internationals, have exceptional training facilities and training team around them.

We will lose players, but we have brought in players such as byram who are exceptional.

Also are could we be selling when a player is at a peak time in their career, cantwell getting loads of praise for his performances, Aarons after the awards last year and performances etc.

Yes we need our best players but we also are in a great position to have interest in our players who have some experience in playing in the prem

Let's see what happens, but a great position to be in for club and player.

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

If we don't receive a percentage of this year's Sky money as is potentially likely, then we'll definitely be selling one player as a minimum, surely? 

Except if we don’t receive it, nobody else will and then we might not receive an offer worth accepting.

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

At worst we will lose around 25% of the initial Sky payment and our final position payment. As things stand that is slightly over £25m for the initial payment and £2m for the final position money. We budget prudently to finish bottom and get knocked out of the cup competitions.

The club may also refund season ticket payments and we'll lose catering. 

We were expecting a profit of around £20m this season so it looks like that will turn into a loss of perhaps £10m at worse.  Not the end of the world but that profit would have negated the loss for 2018/19 so perhaps we'll be back in the position of having to sell one player 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Advanced issues found

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

At worst we will lose around 25% of the initial Sky payment and our final position payment. As things stand that is slightly over £25m for the initial payment and £2m for the final position money. We budget prudently to finish bottom and get knocked out of the cup competitions.

We were expecting a profit of around £20m this season so it looks like that will turn into a small loss. Not the end of the world but that profit would have negated a similar loss for 2018/19 so perhaps we'll be back in the position of having to sell one player 

I think it is a bit early to know what the financial effects will be.

We're going to lose gate receipts and match day revenue from catering etc. We may also save some money as we won't be paying out things like goal or assist bonuses for players.

There are also some huge unknowns. Say the season is declared null and void- would players who have bonuses in their contracts for avoiding relegation be due them? I'd suggest not but I'm sure agents would suggest otherwise. 

Also some outside factors- I'd expect the Killers gig will be cancelled, will we miss out on money from that?

I don't know for sure but I think goal bonuses disappeared a long time ago. Teams found they changed players behaviour and had a negative effect. 

If the season is voided it legally didn't happen so there will be no bonus in that respect either. 

We don't do as well out of concerts as you may think. Take That got the stadium for nothing. All we got was the catering profit. But I hear that the ladies of Norfolk can drink an awful lot of Prosecco! 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Funny thing was I said on here a while back about Cantwell to Liverpool, I was told by a mate of mine who’s a close relative of a current Liverpool player on the Saturday evening, I mentioned it on here the next morning and a few people laughed which was fair enough, and then weirdly, it was all over the place on the Monday (obviously coincidentally because I don’t think any journalist is going to be trawling fan boards for transfer info). It’s obviously not of massive interest to me, but my mate told me about the Sturridge, Emre Can, Mignolet moves amongst others. 

23 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Funny thing was I said on here a while back about Cantwell to Liverpool, I was told by a mate of mine who’s a close relative of a current Liverpool player on the Saturday evening, I mentioned it on here the next morning and a few people laughed which was fair enough, and then weirdly, it was all over the place on the Monday (obviously coincidentally because I don’t think any journalist is going to be trawling fan boards for transfer info). It’s obviously not of massive interest to me, but my mate told me about the Sturridge, Emre Can, Mignolet moves amongst others. 

Like I say, I'm not one for rumour mongering but the guy I've heard from would absolutely know as is close relative of someone well placed in the club - and wouldn't ****.... although he did say Cantwell isn't a done deal yet like Aarons is, so seems that this is very much reliable info if you're hearing similar from someone else well placed to know

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't know for sure but I think goal bonuses disappeared a long time ago. Teams found they changed players behaviour and had a negative effect. 

Don't think this is true- from the Secret Footballer...

"Bonuses have become stupidly intricate, and today bonuses break into two parts. Club bonuses and individual bonuses.

When a player signs for a club he will become part of the club bonus pool. That is to say that whatever the team achieves he will share in the profits on a pro-rata basis. This includes win bonuses and bonuses for drawing a match. There is nothing for a loss.

However, clubs skin that bonus differently. Sometimes they will pay a standard win and draw bonus regardless of the opposition, but sometimes they will pay the bonus based on how the team is functioning in the league.

If it is in the Champions League places then the bonuses are increased for a win, and if it is in the relegation places then the bonuses are considerably less for a win. That never made any sense to me as a player, but that’s how it works at some clubs.

Then we have individual bonuses. And it is these bonuses where your agent earns his money.

If you’re a striker then you want a goal bonus and a win bonus and draw bonus on top of your squad bonus. But if you are the number one striker then you want a goal bonus that is bigger than your team-mates’.

For example, it is obvious whose job it is to score goals, at Tottenham it will be Harry Kane, and therefore Kane would expect his goal bonus to be that much bigger than anyone else’s.

And this is why there is no silver bullet when it comes to bonuses. There is no one size fits all approach. There is a pot of money available for a player’s contract and the club wants to split it in their favour."

• Thanks 1

Can you have 3 transfer windows in 1 season?

Like everything else this situation is unprecedented but updating teams by selling/buying players outside of the allowed 2 windows feels unfair to teams that may not have the funds to improve/adjust the team dynamic for the run ins.

This is not related to just us but each of the 91 teams in the league.

Hello King Canary. I can't quote your post because the site won't let me do that any more for some reason. 

I know that we have bonuses for achieving promotion or avoiding relegation but I'm not aware of anything else. I'll ask at the next AGM. 

If Spurs, for example, are paying Kane a bonus for scoring goals they must be mad. Targets and bonuses change people's behaviour and make them act selfishly which in football is never a good thing. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Hello King Canary. I can't quote your post because the site won't let me do that any more for some reason. 

I know that we have bonuses for achieving promotion or avoiding relegation but I'm not aware of anything else. I'll ask at the next AGM. 

If Spurs, for example, are paying Kane a bonus for scoring goals they must be mad. Targets and bonuses change people's behaviour and make them act selfishly which in football is never a good thing. 

These sorts of bonuses are extremely commonplace- I'm surprised you're surprised, to be honest.

Bonuses for goals, assists, wins, draws, clean sheets (for keepers and defenders), hitting a set number of goals in a season, even just for appearing are all built into player contracts.

More can be found here- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/11/revealed-staggering-amounts-money-premier-league-stars-earn/

They've solved the problem of goal scoring by including assists. But this is the really big clubs. I suspect NCFC will be straight forward go up or don't go down bonuses. But I'll ask at the next AGM. 

Some of those figures quoted in the article are eye watering. No wonder some people hate football 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

They've solved the problem of goal scoring by including assists. But this is the really big clubs. I suspect NCFC will be straight forward go up or don't go down bonuses. But I'll ask at the next AGM. 

Some of those figures quoted in the article are eye watering. No wonder some people hate football 

I’d be surprised if it’s only go up / down bonuses, but would be interested to hear from the AGM.

If anything it makes more sense for smaller clubs to use goal, assist, clean sheet bonuses etc. You can still attract talent but can keep your wage bill down slightly with payments only required if the player does well. I’d imagine there are win bonuses which reduce the incentive for individual selfishness.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Noooo........he should be self-isolating............like a (Herman's) Hermit 😁

1 hour ago, C.I.D said:

Noooo........he should be self-isolating............like a (Herman's) Hermit 😁

Something's happening, can't you hear my heartbeat?

On 25/03/2020 at 17:36, dylanisabaddog said:

Having seen Spurs a few times Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin this season I would have thought a new right back would be more of a priority. 

both need to further their football education here rather than on Spurs/Liverpool bench.  

Edited by aquilesopkarg