Sign in to follow this  
Bill

B'ham City player wage cut

Gonna affect not only sport but all walks of life, although I perhaps think the upper echelons of society all around this planet may not suffer financially the hit of this virus - as much as those who are 'less fortunate' financially .....Anyway, my mate rents a flat and is also self employed received an email the other day from the letting agency to inform him that his renewal is due and that his rent's going up by £10.00 a month.....Market Forces?.....

Footnote....Are those who are members of the House of Lord's still going to be able to receive their tax-free £300.00 + daily attendance dosh, whilst Lordy, Lordy, Lordy, non-attending and residing at their homely places of self-isolation?..... 

23 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I expect this to become a general thing across all leagues Bill.

thank god we found we did have a magic money tree, after all 😋

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

thank god we found we did have a magic money tree, after all 😋

Printing it is the easy bit😉

a lot easier now it would seem - just as on 4th Aug 2016 🤗

ps if you do go for a walk in the woods - don't forget to take some of those little bags you....just in case

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I expect this to become a general thing across all leagues Bill.

It coud be worse than that. If the PL insists on finishing the season no matter what, which pretty much by definition means at the very least going in June and possibly even July, that only makes sense if the three divisions below also carry on. Which strikes me as financially unlikely, with clubs having to wait through April and May for gate receipts to keep them going. I suspect some clubs won't be able to carry on. It won't be a querstion of cutting the players' salaries but not having any players.

I see that already there is talk that the National League is going to call a halt to the season and I would not be surprised if some clubs in Leagues One and Two are thinking along the same lines. Which would upset the system of promotion and relegation (one of the supposed reasons for playing the PL to a finish).

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It coud be worse than that. If the PL insists on finishing the season no matter what, which pretty much by definition means at the very least going in June and possibly even July, that only makes sense if the three divisions below also carry on. Which strikes me as financially unlikely, with clubs having to wait through April and May for gate receipts to keep them going. I suspect some clubs won't be able to carry on. It won't be a querstion of cutting the players' salaries but not having any players.

I see that already there is talk that the National League is going to call a halt to the season and I would not be surprised if some clubs in Leagues One and Two are thinking along the same lines. Which would upset the system of promotion and relegation (one of the supposed reasons for playing the PL to a finish).

The only surprise is they couldn't see that coming a few weeks ago. Anything other than nul and void is being quickly overtaken by events.