Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Caring Club

Just had a call from Timm Klose checking if I am OK and need anything!  What a nice surprise and has set me up for the day.  Probably got my number as one of the older members of Extra Time group.  OTBC!

• Like 5

The club players have been ringing OAP season ticket holders for the last couple of days. Seen posts on social media about Todd Cantwell, Grant Hanley and Michael McGovern involved.

Edited by TIL 1010

Nice gesture and really good to hear.....Although I also hope these caring players had their phones on speaker mode and were performing squats, burpees, star jumps, press ups and shuttle runs, whilst they're verbally delivering goodwill and morale boosting telephone messages to those NCFC ST OAP supporters.....I also hope that the OAP support were doing likewise and reciprocating by also performing those exercises whilst they're receiving and replying to those player goodwill phone chats..... 

Can't be seen/heard to be getting sloppy and idle an' totally outta shape.....Fitness in body is fitness in mind.....Whether pro-Player or a retired OAP.....

"Now down for ten, and then up and sprint to the garden fence Grandad and see if you can better Nana's personal best...AAAND GO!....Oh, and pick your false teeth up Grandad....or the dog will have 'em......  

(Crack on, whilst I finish this large fresh cream filled chocolate covered choux bun)......Yummy Scrummy..... 

I wonder if the players wives and girlfriends are involved ?

Waits..................................

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If a few of the fans request medicine being picked up or a supermarket run, would the players actually do it? 

It would be great to see Emi Buendia calling round to some pensioner's house with a packet of blood pressure pills and a fish supper.

Pick me! Pick me!

I can't be arsed to check if it's true, but I saw somewhere that this is a PL initiative, it's not just our club. Doesn't make it any the less thoughtful, but let's not get too evangelical about how saintly NCFC is.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Got an image of Cantwell ringing Til and being told to cut his hair and stop wearing gloves...

I’ve got one of TIL asking Mrs Trybull to come round and scrub his back in the bath

• Haha 1

On the BBC MOTD Facebook page last night it stated Brighton are doing this from Thursday.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Got an image of Cantwell ringing Til and being told to cut his hair and stop wearing gloves...

That's nothing compared to what Waveney would say to Todd 😮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

I’ve got one of TIL asking Mrs Trybull to come round and scrub his back in the bath

With a 3 foot piece of 4" by 2" with chicken wire wrapped round it.....

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

With a 3 foot piece of 4" by 2" with chicken wire wrapped round it.....

Or a  restraining order.

That is nothing.

I got a phone call from a nice Nigerian footballer who told me I had won the Nigerian Pools and all I had to do was give him my bank details. I'm so excited. Its going to be in my bank in the morning. £90M. I might by some NCFC shares

• Haha 1

Even the binners have been doing it

the fans aren't too happy though, the club has been reversing the charges 😥