Sign in to follow this  
The Raptor

Anyone else been as bored as me?

I've been playing alot of football manager. Trying to make Ipswich rubbish. I've succeeded I think. I was disappointed with their lucky point the first season so I'm determined not to make the same mistake again! 

1585069478115-1962873183.jpg

1585069520029-1229679893.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

I've been playing alot of football manager. Trying to make Ipswich rubbish. I've succeeded I think. I was disappointed with their lucky point the first season so I'm determined not to make the same mistake again! 

1585069478115-1962873183.jpg

1585069520029-1229679893.jpg

How have you not been sacked?

4 minutes ago, JB said:

How have you not been sacked?

I have been loads of times. 24 days is my record. You can just add manager, take them over again and continue the good work. Keano Lambert11 has in fact just been welcomed by supporters as a great appointment! 

Edited by The Raptor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I've actually done this in the past. Just sell all the players for as much as possible and use the money to sign players who will join at the end of the season for a 4x your transfer budget spread over four years. You can do it as many times as you want and potentially leave them billions in liabilities and about 100 non-league goalkeepers on £20k a week for five years. 

19 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Shouldn't need to try too hard 😀

On my 'proper' game that I'm playing, I nearly managed to send Ipswich down to League Two in the 2020/21 season with my Cambridge team. I played Ipswich in the final game, knowing that if I beat them and Gillingham won their match, Ipswich would be relegated. I did my bit but unfortunately Gillingham failed so Ipswich stayed up. They actually got promoted the next season but went straight back to League One at the first attempt, which was nice to see.

Three in a row. I hope conference south is just as fun. Well done Keano Lambert 13

They'll have 7 players under contract next season. Gutted I can't afford to sack them

15855128196711384744781.jpg

• Like 1

14 managers

182 games 

164 defeats

958 goals conceded

4 relegations. 

Ive taken Ipswich as far as I can. Time to quit football manager

I was bored for a bit at the onset of this virus 'Lockdown'......anyway....a quick tale on how I rectify boredom.....

I renewed my 2020/21 ST in January, and the cost was the best part of £900 sheets......I could certainly use that ST dosh at this moment in time whilst there's no bl00dy football.....I could do with that ST dosh an' go on a long cruise in the Med, maybe a months holiday abroad in the Far East, or party every night in a hip an' trendy nightclub with some hot luvverly ladies, or spend every night in the pub quaffin' frothy flagons of ale.....or relax on a long weekend in a Spa hotel in the countryside.....or if pushed, I could whack - whoosh 'Oh fuggit' with 18 holes on a golf course every day of the week......Or as a last resort, leap into my big an' brash 4x4 and drive around to my mates and party hard through the night......but I'm being a 'model subservient citizen'.....So.....I conform......

Hey ho, I actually prefer to wallow in my own self-pity an' just fester like a stuffed warthog on my settee watching TV, Netflix, Amazon prime and that Now TV.....I like gaming an' shootin' them up on 'Call o' Dooty' (busy hands is happy hands).....My fave scenario is using my simulated Reaper drone armed with hellfire missiles an' taking out rogue ramblers (and their precious dogs) who are illegally 'exercising' out on the Derbyshire Peak District 'Get Some!'  ....Other pastimes/interests is gulping tins of cheap lager and chomping on baked beans.....pasta.....chicken......rice.....baked spud an' toona.....an' more baked beans.... pasta....chicken.....rice......baked spud an' toona......or maybe gorging on sh!t loads of haribo and choccy easter eggs. I will occasionally drag myself away from the tellybox an' look in the kitchen and the fridge and cupboards for sufficient rations to see us through this pandemic.....Then off to the bathroom cupboard to do an inventory of pure essentials....bleach..... 'check'....bog roll.....'check'.....Anti-bac soap an' hand sanitiser'....'check'....Then go to the kid's bedrooms to make sure they're self-schooling on YouTube,  facebook, twitter, whatsapp an' zoom an' those other educational sites on t'internet. I'll maybe watch 'Cats an' cucumbers' with them for a bit.....Then it's to the front bay window to curtain twitch and carry out my regular 'spy' & 'snitch' session, using my smart phone and its camera to carry out checks on the neighbours, and documenting their exercise routine and if they dare exceed their daily quota of shopping expeditions......Oh and that they also strictly maintain mandatory 2 metre separation when passing other people.....Then it's back to the settee and TV....I might go for a walk around the garden when the weather improves......As for the missus?.....She bugg ered of to her Mum's 11 days ago.....Can't think why?..... 

• Haha 1