EARNIE - NOT WORTHYS TYPE OF PLAYER

I hope Earnshaw does well for us and I''m ready to give him time to make

it work but I do believe that Worthy was pressured into this signing by

everyone, especially the fans.

let''s face it, Earnie doesn''t work very hard.  He''s a finisher but

he doesn''t hold up the ball, come back to defend or work especially

hard.  He goes against the grain on what NW wants to have in his

players.

Robbo said as much -- yes, Earnie scores, but when he plays, the team doesn''t win.  The stats didn''t lie. 

I think that in normal circumstances, NW would not chase a player like

Rob Earnshaw but unique circumstances compel different outcomes.

Now, I hope he does REALLY well so that NW can learn that it''s posisble

to balance a team with hard workers and skilled game-turners.

Thoughts?

i was suprised at the signing and cant imagine him in a Norwich shirt yet. but there are many positives:

a) He is selfish, yes. but we need at least one player who is willing to shoot, make chances and find the net.
b) When he plays the team dont win, thats more because WBA arent a very good team compared to the rest of their league. Now he is in a lower league where teams get away with more and can afford to have players like Earnie, who are generally to good for the defenders.
c) If it dont work out i still think we can sell him on for a good price.

I don''t think Worthy listens that much to the fans!! ;-) I really don''t think Earnshaw would be at the club unless Worthy wanted him there. After all I''m sure there are other strikers he could have spent £3.5 million on!!

You have written down what most people must have been thinking and hopefully he will fit in as worthy has a lot of effort and commitment players and they will make up for earnshaws lack of hard work. leave the finishing to earnie.

what happened to the days when managers would say to a striker i dont want to see you in our half up fronts where you do the damage.

its all about balance i aint got no problem as long as hes scoring its when he aint scoring then they will be a problem.

its normally a bit of skill what changes games not hard work.

Maybe not - but the number of  players with his track record inthe champs are few and far between.   He has all the ingredients to be a major goal scorer in this league.  However the same could be said of deano and we could not serve him many chances lately so like many others have said the question is can we play to ernies strengths,  passing into space ahead of earnie between the defenders so he can use his pace? 

I totally disagree. Robson has a very blinkered view on Earnshaw; he never gave the lad a chance, prefering to rely on Horsefield and Campbell with Kanu occasionally. The reason WBA lost so much was because of Megson and his inability (Strangely like Nigel) to marshall a midfield capable of dominating the middle of the park and provide the opportunities for Earnshaw to score. To blame the losses (or lack of wins) on one player is astounding.

These comments are made by Robson to spite Earnie

If you are either young, talented, unpredictable or have a bit of flair then you are not Worthy''s type of player.    Ashton, Bentley, McVeigh, Shackell, Rossi Jarvis etc fit that category, and look where they are now either at another club or in the reserves.

My own personal opinion is that no player at Norwich has improved whilst he has worked under Worthy.  I have seen a lot of talented players have the skill and individualism knocked out of them. I have seen several talented youngsters not even given a chance and have had to watch as even more 30+ journeymen arrive at the club. 

Joe Royle already knows that come Sunday we will:

a.  Kick off and boot the ball straight down the Ipswich end so as not concede an early goal.

b.  We will continually hoof the high ball up to Thorne or Johansen.

c.  We will try and get the ball out to Huckerby.

If anyone has identified any other tactics employed by our manager and coaching staff please let me know and I will watch out for them tomorrow.