Herman

Small Claim To Fame.

6 hours ago, Herman said:

You know I am going to be nosy and ask what band that was Alex.😀

Which post are you referring to mate? One I can say, one I can’t or I’d probably be shot ha ha

Sorry, some how I missed your post about your dad's band. So you'd better stick to the one that won't get you grief.😀

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Sorry, some how I missed your post about your dad's band. So you'd better stick to the one that won't get you grief.😀

Was it 'Blazin Squad?'......

image.jpeg.81358ae73eed23b732cc84c40df01c20.jpeg They had more band members than fans'......

Met Carol Vorderman a few years ago, doing an episode of Better Homes in Norwich, just remember what a great rear she had!!

Sure I've posted this before, but I'm pretty sure I met Jack 'The Hat' McVitie when I was about 14 or 15.

It was at a party in New Southgate, one of many held by a relative in the ice cream business (company long since gone).

It may be a false memory, but the image remains of a tall, thin man, ankle flapping trousers, dirty, pot bellied sitting on a bar stool, one foot on the rail the other nervously tapping on the floor. Pork pie hat pushed back on his head. I noticed something very odd in the atmosphere when anyone talked to him (which very few did). He caught me looking at him & gave me a look back which made me wish I hadn't. He didn't stay long.

I'm sure this was the face I remember.

Jack mcvitie

On 28/03/2020 at 15:18, daisy said:

Met Carol Vorderman a few years ago, doing an episode of Better Homes in Norwich, just remember what a great rear she had!!

Forgot about her, she has (had) a holiday home nearby, often saw her in supermarket and local market, very popular area with celebs.......and yours truly.

8 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Forgot about her, she has (had) a holiday home nearby, often saw her in supermarket and local market, very popular area with celebs.......and yours truly.

Judging from some recent pictures, she's had some more 'work' done and is becoming a modern day Ship of Theseus. (Or Trigger's Broom in the new money)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/03/2020 at 07:34, Van wink said:

I recall passing Russel Tovey on the platform at Tottenham Court Road tube station a few years ago, we just walked past each other and after he had just gone by under my breath I let out a woof, it was like a reflex reaction, I felt rather embarrassed afterwards, this has been locked away in my memory for a while but this thread has drawn it out😀

I was a fan of Being Human at the time!

I loved Being Human, on my short-list of TV series to rewatch if I ever find myself with time on my hands (plenty to do working from home so sadly coronavirus isn’t that excuse). Torchwood and Misfits too, in a similar vein.

• Like 1

"Also Hitler related-the house I live in now was the childhood home of a man who married Martin Bormann’s secretary."

I used to live up the road from the place where Rudolf Hess was captured after parachuting from his plane just south of Glasgow. 😂

Apples

On 22/03/2020 at 11:39, Herman said:

My mate, a lifelong Labour voter, once saw John Prescott and was dissappointed to find him a bit rude, whereas Ken Clarke and Nigel Lawson were the perfect gents.

That's about right for a Labour member. The real nasty party. 

4 hours ago, City fan said:

That's about right for a Labour member. The real nasty party. 

Funnily enough, the most anti-labour person on the thread to have posted, is the one who was boasting about giving a gift to a former **** as his small claim to fame.

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Funnily enough, the most anti-labour person on the thread to have posted, is the one who was boasting about giving a gift to a former **** as his small claim to fame.

Must say I did wonder, all that boasting about causing trouble and upsetting people ,followed by that claim to fame . Some people's  compasses need recalibration. 

When I was at uni, my girlfriend's Dad was a mate of Ron Flowers (Wolves, England, 1966 World Cup squad etc) and she used to baby sit his kids.  Met him a number of times and he was a really nice bloke - he had all his England caps in an Adidas bag - was very disilliusioned with football as he was playing during the age of the maximum wage limit.  Told me he made more money being Manager of Telford United than he had during his whole football career.

Another football related one - another  friend at uni was the cousin of Bill Kenwright (Everton Chairman and West End impresario) - got invited to Sunday lunch at his posh house in London when I was working there.  It was the day after the Scum won the FA Cup in 1978 - a game I refused to watch on TV - Bill made me sit down and watch the highlights with him on the Sunday afternoon!  Aopart from that , a really nice guy and passionate about Everton.

Also once said hello to Bob Geldorf on the  tube thinking he was an old mate!!!

I have no time for all this celebrity adulation......They're all just pretentious attention seeking arrogant talent-less gimps who sh*t, f@rt, pick their noses and scratch their @rses like every bugga else.....

Unlike the normal me.....

.....As my well kissed (by the lovely moi) full length hallway mirror will testify......"M'WAH!"....."M'WAH!"....."M'WAH!"....'Oh Yeah!'....

MY, I know you are having a giggle, but Bradley Walsh was the nicest, most humble guy. He was very respectful round ours, and even gave us his private email address and mob number, so we didn't have to try and contact him through official channels

Edited by Crabbycanary3

37 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Also once said hello to Bob Geldorf on the  tube thinking he was an old mate!!!

You  friends with  many tramps then Horno?

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

You  friends with  many tramps then Horno?

He had'nt got to the 'give us your f**king money' stage by then - it was more early Boomtown Rat era! In response to your question though, yes, I do know Tilly!

• Haha 1

My wife used to cook in a restaurant on Matthews Street in the centre of Liverpool, just down from the Cavern Club ( not the original). She would regularly say “I’ve made their dinner” to our kids when they were younger. At the time, they thought she was making it up but now they’re adults, they admit it could be true. Lenny Henry, Dawn French, Elvis Costello, Stuart Copeland and Alison Steadman are a few who spring to mind.