Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Rishi Sunak

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Interesting correlation between those bashing Johnson and those who are remoaners.

Evidence? 

26 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Interesting correlation between those bashing Johnson and those who are remoaners.

The current crisis is a God send for those bleating remoaners to bash Johnson for having the temerity to actually Get Brexit Done 🙂🙂🙂

Just **** off with the Brexit crap. This isn't the time or the place to be reopening old divisions. You should be ashamed.

Yep.. when Hancock says there are 12'000 ventilators in the nhs and they have to correct him (there are currently 8'000) it fills me with absolute confidence in Boris...herd mentality anyone?

19 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Yep.. when Hancock says there are 12'000 ventilators in the nhs and they have to correct him (there are currently 8'000) it fills me with absolute confidence in Boris...herd mentality anyone?

I think they are doing as well as can be expected in absolutely unprecedented circumstances. As for herd immunity, that comment was taken out of all proportion. By nature herd immunity is the endgame here if this virus is here to stay, eventually that is what we will end up with, herd immunity, and the vulnerable having the vaccine.

53 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

The current crisis is a God send for those bleating remoaners to bash Johnson for having the temerity to actually Get Brexit Done 🙂🙂🙂

The government are doing a great job and are keeping the death toll down, tragic as each death is for those involved, despite the actions of some to ignore the restrictions in place. 

I think the criticism of the government has been reserved but fair. They were too slow and ponderous. When the **** hit the fan in Italy they still dithered. They are getting better, and Sunak is doing things that should be done. Helping the self employed and relieving some of their pressure and worry should have been sooner though.

As I have written before I hate Johnson and Brexit with a passion, but that can be put on hold until after this dreadful situation is solved.

But there will be a reckoning eventually for all the people that thought cutting away all the country's safety nets was a good idea.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JF said:

I think they are doing as well as can be expected in absolutely unprecedented circumstances. As for herd immunity, that comment was taken out of all proportion. By nature herd immunity is the endgame here if this virus is here to stay, eventually that is what we will end up with, herd immunity, and the vulnerable having the vaccine.

They waited too long.. should have seen South Korea etc. Really don't think people fully understand the scale of it... London running out of beds and nhs staff dropping like flies as they have no protection. What makes us a decent country is holding our leaders to account. The death toll will see it its been successful or not.

My thought is that any action taken by the government has been reactive, rather than proactive. S.Korea, Taiwan etc learnt from the SARS outbreak. We should have learnt from them.

Talking about providing 50k/20k more nurses/police should be seen as an admittance of getting it wrong throughout the previous decade. Much as in having no co-ordinated care plan for the elderly. Instead letting huge sums be creamed off by private companies/individuals using (ironically) migrant staff.

Pointing out the failure to participate in an EU iniative to bulk buy good is not so much points scoring as it is Crafty refusing to accept the blindingly obvious. And it if was such a good idea for the UK to go it alone, then why yet another screeching handbrake turn ?

Or is pointing out that a huge amount of the work being down was only a few months back being referred to as unskilled, as it was being done by migrant labour. Where now the NHS, the care homes, the supermarkets without these people ? Where now UK food if we don't find up 100,000 casual farm workers over the six months ?

My advice to those up north who want to 'get it done'. There's a whole seasons worth of fruit and veg that will need picking and processing - so why not get off your ar se and 'get it done' as no naughty foreigners are stoppin up to a 100.000 of you proving your point. There's even loads of supermarket jobs going.

So I expect those employers to be swamped with UK nationals wanting to 'get it done'.

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1