Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

City season ticket sales soar

Read it carefully - it says "Loyal Norwich City fans" have renewed already. Plus there are 1000 more on the waiting list. What''s the betting that we''ll sell all our tickets this year again... puts some of the doom mongers on here to shame ("if we do''t go up attendances will fall to 15,000 and the club will go down the pan"). Frankly, if they are the ones not to renew, perhaps the atmosphere will be better next season and we can crack on. Without them.

its clear the big name signing of earnie has got the fans excited again.  also the deal is good to renew early.  while we have a decent squad of players, it makes sense we''ll get full or close to full houses. 

To wizard, rankin and all the other guys who dont get out much, this must be an indication you are a minority and should pipe down a bit! At the mo theres no one to replace worthy and it wont happen so stop filling this message board with repeat arguements

I''m not happy with some of the decisions and signings this season but I''ll still renew because I enjoy the buzz of being at Carrow Road. Plus once you give up a season ticket at Carrow Road it can be a long time before you get the chance again.

The fans have been and will continue to be super loyal - just because I want a change of manager from theinept one we currently have does not mean I want the best for my club or will stop going to see them whenever time and finances allow - even if the one off performances such as watford, luton, reading qpr etc etc etc are enough to drive anyone mad. 

Soar - haha. Another piece of ridiculous spin from the Norwich PR team. What''s funnier is that people believe it. The figures are up 150 on last year. Thats 5 per cent. Not what I call soaring.

I work in marketing/pr. Next week these figures will change, they may go up they may go down. Guess when the press release will be sent out.

Unfortuantely people read this nonesense. I hope that Norwich do sell all their season tickets again this season. I hope Carrow Road is full forever.

But ''soaring'' - give me a break

I also agree with Zipper. I will renew my season ticket because I love going to matches. But I still think the management at the moment is appaling. People are merely renewing because they will go whatever the weather, whatever the team and manager. It just happens to be cheaper at this time of year.

Just because people have renewed their season tickets doesn''t mean that they are blissfully happy with the situation at the club. If I lived nearer Norwich and was able to go most weeks I would jump at the chance of a season ticket despite not being happy with the current situation or being a fan of Worthy! I think this shows that fans are continuing to support the club despite of the problems! It would be very naive to assume that everyone who has bought a season ticket is a Worthy fan!

Can you give one really conclusive reason for keeping Worthy? I hate all of the sackings of managers that goes on in football but it''s got to the point where I really believe that it is in the best interests of the club to appoint someone new!

I will renew, despite not really being able to afford it, because I am addicted to Saturday afternoons at Carrow Road. That does NOT mean that I support what the management or Board are doing - we are absolute keck at the moment.

The arrogance shown by Worthington and the Board at the Sheringham forum, plus the spin put on season ticket sales, shows the contempt in which they hold us. Sadly, they know that they''ve got us over a barrel; now I understand Wiz''s chagrin with Delia and Co. still, what goes around comes around, as Chase found out.   

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

Soar - haha. Another piece of ridiculous spin from the Norwich PR team. What''s funnier is that people believe it. The figures are up 150 on last year. Thats 5 per cent. Not what I call soaring.

I work in marketing/pr. Next week these figures will change, they may go up they may go down. Guess when the press release will be sent out.

Unfortuantely people read this nonesense. I hope that Norwich do sell all their season tickets again this season. I hope Carrow Road is full forever.

But ''soaring'' - give me a break

[/quote]

I think you''ll find the word ''soar'' is used in a headline, nowhere in the article is there a quote from the ''Norwich PR team'' using the word soar. If you have problem please blame the right people i.e. the headline writer. Please be more careful in the future because '' Unfortuantely people read this nonesense'' and believe it to be true.