Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Anybody seen the players out and about?

I’ve seen Tom and Anna, or at least I think it was them as they had masks and gloves on. Teemu came into the shop yesterday but I missed him.

Apparently Teemu was shopping in a supermarket this morning. A lady on the FB fans page who worked in said shop was delighted to meet him.

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’ve seen Tom and Anna, or at least I think it was them as they had masks and gloves on. Teemu came into the shop yesterday but I missed him.

I get the gloves but masks really is taking it too far imo. Why you ask? Well, it isn't airborne for a start and those masks can end up pretty damn unhygienic anyhow! As we all know, with the constant "wash your hands" messages, viruses and suchlike are spread by contact. I've always known this, as it's the same as a common cold. Makes me wonder how gross people really are if they have to be told continually to wash their hands!

Everyone should be able to go out and go to the supermarket or suchlike, but clearly NOT if they are displaying symptoms (yes, I realise that there aren't any in the initial stages).

Panic buying really doesn't help anyone (and it is more the people doing that who frighten me, rather than the virus!)

Edited by BobLoz3

19 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Make your mind up as yesterday you told us that you were off work for two weeks as Mrs. F had a cold.

34 minutes ago, South Sider said:

As long as Til doesn't come across Anna, everyone should stay relatively safe.

I think he'd get arrested for that....unless he wiped up before anyone noticed...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Make your mind up as yesterday you told us that you were off work for two weeks as Mrs. F had a cold.

Tom and Anna came in Monday, when I was at work. Yesterday was my first isolation day, is that all ok now ? 

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

I think he'd get arrested for that....unless he wiped up before anyone noticed...

I bet there’s more than Coronavirus on the screen of his laptop !

On 20/03/2020 at 16:49, BobLoz3 said:

Well, it isn't airborne for a start

My understanding is that this is a little simplistic - it is not a primary form of transmission but it's not impossible - of course, coughs and sneezes are the primary risk but it does remain in the air. 

NIAID (National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) in the US reported detecting viable virus 
in aerosols for up to three hours. 

"Both the Covid-19 and the SARS viruses had an aerosol half-life of 1.1 hours, meaning half the particles drop out of the air after that amount of time, and half of what remains drop out after another 1.1 hours. After a day, roughly nine half-lives, 0.002 (0.2 of 1%) of the original particles remain. As a result, the scientists said, “aerosol … transmission of [the new coronavirus] is plausible, since the virus can remain viable and infectious in aerosols for hours."

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-can-become-aerosol-doesnt-mean-doomed/

On 21/03/2020 at 11:58, FenwayFrank said:

I bet there’s more than Coronavirus on the screen of his laptop !

🤮😖😖