Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Sky Sports Is Now Free !

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I managed to do it this morning (about 6 am) it didn't look like it had worked as the final 'review' screen just buffered. I went into the billing section and my April bill is the same, the suspension of the payment starts in May.

Ā 

I've tried at least half a dozen times since yesterday and every time my screen is just buffering after I hit the 'Pause Now' option...............April bill hasn't changed and my May payment looks to be unchanged also.Short of trying to phone them I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to do to get my Sports package pausedĀ šŸ˜”

7 hours ago, C.I.D said:

I've tried at least half a dozen times since yesterday and every time my screen is just buffering after I hit the 'Pause Now' option...............April bill hasn't changed and my May payment looks to be unchanged also.Short of trying to phone them I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to do to get my Sports package pausedĀ šŸ˜”

Mine has been the same. Iā€™ve stopped trying - hopefully it will be better mid week.

Tried nearly all day yesterday, same problems as others. This was even having pressed 'confirm' Yet mid-evening the April bill had been lowered and 'paused' message shown. It seems to have a lag of a few hours when you think you've been unsuccessful. You do get a lot of buffering. Try very early or late at night. So many folk are at home now and the site can't cope.

I just logged on (9.15am) -Ā it hadnā€™t updated my bill from anything I tried yesterday, but it did let me get through to the ā€œconfirmā€ page almost immediately (which is the first time Iā€™ve got to that page in three days of trying). No buffering anywhere. Now all sorted. Just a matter of getting the right time I guess.

Thanks TIL, managed to get it to work ok in the end. Shame BT arenā€™t doing the same.
Now that you are able to obtain BT sport though Sky I think they (BT) will lose a lot of customers to them once everything is back to normal. Stay safe fellow Canary fans and everyone else.

Not much on Sky Sports thatĀ  is true.Ā  However Sky Sports News has plenty of footballers and ex footballers "season must end" particularly Liverpool Aldridge, Fowler, Barnes and Thompson on an ad nauseam basis.Ā  Strange that need ex Canaries to shout "Why must season end to cancel now the best option in my humble opinion.Ā 

19 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Did mine on the website, but itā€™s still there, does it go off at midnight ?

If you mean the channels are still there they will remain throughout the no pay period CANARYKING.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

If you mean the channels are still there they will remain throughout the no pay period CANARYKING.

Sorry to be a bit thick, so are so saying Iā€™m not paying but I can still watch?

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Sorry to be a bit thick, so are so saying Iā€™m not paying but I can still watch?

Yes. I cancelled mine and its still there. Not that it's worth watching. They are offering this service so they can ask for their money back from EPL.Ā 

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Yes indeed. I viewed my future bills and they have been amended and i still have all the sports channels which the website said i would,

On 21/03/2020 at 23:16, sonyc said:

Tried nearly all day yesterday, same problems as others. This was even having pressed 'confirm' Yet mid-evening the April bill had been lowered and 'paused' message shown. It seems to have a lag of a few hours when you think you've been unsuccessful. You do get a lot of buffering. Try very early or late at night. So many folk are at home now and the site can't cope.

You're lucky if your April bill has been lowered as I finally managed to get my Sports package paused,after 3 days of constant buffering and 2 snotty complaints using their on-line procedure,but only May and June has been amended.I had an automated response to complaint No 1 promising me a reply within 48 hrs but ........guess what........over 48 hours later I'd still had no reply so I sent another shouty complaint,following which I made 1 final attempt to do the Pause procedure and .......would you bl**dy believe it,my Sports Package pause went straight through in a few seconds.

Why the hell did SKY not do this as an automatic procedure for ALL Sky Sports customers without the need for potentially overloading their website for days on end ?Ā šŸ˜”

• Like 1

Finally being offered on Virgin Media now. I have just paused mine.

Go to your accounts page, my upgrades and offers and use the live chat to ask for a Sky Sport pause. The bot will offer you a link to the pause page.

All done, you can still watch for free.

• Thanks 1

Thanks TiL - my experience is that the website was no good but Sky seem to have installed a special option on their 'phone line for 'pausing' Sky Sports.

I have an 18-month contract and I assume this pausing automatically extends that contract for as long as it is paused.

Agree with other comments about BT Sports - would be good to see them do the same thing.

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, wooster said:

Ā 

I have an 18-month contract and I assume this pausing automatically extends that contract for as long as it is paused.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

i had discounts across my Sky TV, Broadband and phone package which are due to expire in June wooster so it looks like i will be on the phone nearer then to get a clearer picture if this continues as my Sports package included a discount.

13 hours ago, ricardo said:

Go to your accounts page, my upgrades and offers and use the live chat to ask for a Sky Sport pause. The bot will offer you a link to the pause page.

Thanks Ricardo

14 hours ago, ricardo said:

Yes - it was remarkably easy - that's a few quid saved!Ā šŸ˜