Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Sky Sports Is Now Free !

Access your Sky Sports package online and you can suspend payment until this Coronavirus is over but still receive all the sports channels. A few clicks and job done. Just checked my future payments and bingo the subscription has been reduced straightaway and all channels still active.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Just tried it & got an error message trying to access to web page.

A new type of panicking, panic suspending!

I suspect its gone into overload! Worked fine for me 20 minutes ago. Thanks Tilly! I suppose Sky had to do this if it's going to ask the Premier League for its money back. At the moment BT doesn't appear to have followed suit

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I suspect its gone into overload! Worked fine for me 20 minutes ago. Thanks Tilly! I suppose Sky had to do this if it's going to ask the Premier League for its money back. At the moment BT doesn't appear to have followed suit

I'll probably try again early tomorrow morning, there are some advantages of being an early riser. 😀

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nothing from Virgin yet.

rather self explanatory 😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

The channels are an absolute wasteland right now so not surprised they've done this.

They had to do it in order to claim their refund from EPL 🙄

Just tried to do mine but getting a message - you are in a queue, is this normal?

Edited by pearsos
Spelling mistake

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Nothing from Virgin yet.

There's a surprise.

Richard Branson's asking 8000-odd Virgin Atlantic staff to take an eight week unpaid break and when Virgin East Coast stiffed the British taxpayer for billions when Mr Big 'Ed  couldn't make enough money from the East Coast rail franchise don't hold your breath.

1 hour ago, pearsos said:

Just tried to do mine but getting a message - you are in a queue, is this normal?

That is what i got but got through within 2 or 3 minutes so stick with it mate.

B ugger all to do with repayment from clubs.  I've had plenty of friends trying to cancel their subscriptions and Sky fear that once habit broken subscribers won't come back.  So makes sense to keep them on board for now FOC rather than lose them to BT or bad streams in future.  Me I only ever used the latter or went to the pub.  

All this talk that Sky can reclaim cash from clubs - absolute tosh.  At most they may be able to reduce their payment pro-rata unplayed fixtures.  

Sky are panicking like the rest of the corporate world.  Good riddance if they go bust 

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Anybody know if the same can be done with Sky Sports via Virgin?

My brother in law has Virgin and he says no.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My brother in law has Virgin and he says no.

I expect they will be forced into similar action to Sky or risk losing customers permanently.

31 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

B ugger all to do with repayment from clubs.  I've had plenty of friends trying to cancel their subscriptions and Sky fear that once habit broken subscribers won't come back.  So makes sense to keep them on board for now FOC rather than lose them to BT or bad streams in future.  Me I only ever used the latter or went to the pub.  

All this talk that Sky can reclaim cash from clubs - absolute tosh.  At most they may be able to reduce their payment pro-rata unplayed fixtures.  

Sky are panicking like the rest of the corporate world.  Good riddance if they go bust 

Err, no. It has everything to do with repayment from clubs. They can't claim they have lost money if they haven't lost money. Hence their action. It may look like they're being nice but they're not. 

All day all I get after the pause subscription button is a message to say the page can’t be found. I‘ve just tried again, no queue but same result.

I had the same experience as crafty yesterday (and already this morning). I’ll likely give them a call later today.

4 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can you do this by e mail or do you have to phone ?

On the website.

I managed to do it this morning (about 6 am) it didn't look like it had worked as the final 'review' screen just buffered. I went into the billing section and my April bill is the same, the suspension of the payment starts in May.

In a way, it would be nice if Sky Sports did a blanket suspension on everyone's payments, to save people having to do it themselves. I guess this way SS will still get a lot of people's full subscription.

• Like 1

Be aware that if you have a Now TV Sky Sports set-length subscription, you can currently cancel it no questions asked. I had a 6 month commitment one I got on an offer, but they're offering cancellations on them all now.