Sign in to follow this  
Misery Guts

PAUL RANKIN

I''m no longer using this message board because of Paul Rankin , how boring it is to see him moaning every day and never offering anything more than snide remarks , even when someone tried to congratulate the pinkun he used it as a thread to attack the manager , when someone tried to calculate are chances of making the playoff''s (whilst admitting that the chances were none) he posted a crappy GIF rather making an adult argument , even if someone wants to discuss the premiership , good old mr.rankin will use it as an excuse to....wait for it.... attack the manager .I feel really sorry for you Paul, the world is a big place mate , there are so many places to visit, foods to eat,  people to meet , things to do and you seem to spend the majority of your time on this message board slagging off Nigel Worthington or our new signings . Get a life.

do you want me to pick your toys up or can you reach far enough out of your pram ?

[quote user="Misery Guts"]I''m no longer using this message board because of Paul Rankin , how boring it is to see him moaning every day and never offering anything more than snide remarks , even when someone tried to congratulate the pinkun he used it as a thread to attack the manager , when someone tried to calculate are chances of making the playoff''s (whilst admitting that the chances were none) he posted a crappy GIF rather making an adult argument , even if someone wants to discuss the premiership , good old mr.rankin will use it as an excuse to....wait for it.... attack the manager .I feel really sorry for you Paul, the world is a big place mate , there are so many places to visit, foods to eat,  people to meet , things to do and you seem to spend the majority of your time on this message board slagging off Nigel Worthington or our new signings . Get a life.[/quote]

I dont remember slagging off any of the latest 3, having not seen them play.  And in that pinkun thread i was slagging off Rick Waghorn you fool.

[quote user="Misery Guts"]I''m no longer using this message board because of Paul Rankin , how boring it is to see him moaning every day and never offering anything more than snide remarks , even when someone tried to congratulate the pinkun he used it as a thread to attack the manager , when someone tried to calculate are chances of making the playoff''s (whilst admitting that the chances were none) he posted a crappy GIF rather making an adult argument , even if someone wants to discuss the premiership , good old mr.rankin will use it as an excuse to....wait for it.... attack the manager .I feel really sorry for you Paul, the world is a big place mate , there are so many places to visit, foods to eat,  people to meet , things to do and you seem to spend the majority of your time on this message board slagging off Nigel Worthington or our new signings . Get a life.[/quote]

oh sorry, the other thread was aimed at MadDans endless vitriol on about 6 threads....

What adault argument can io make about the play offs??  we need 12 wins and 3 defeats in 15 games!!!!  from a team whom have lost 14 games in 31!!!

Sorry mate, Pauls posts usually make a lot of sense.

Harsh but fair is my assessment of Paul

Paul does seem to have dominated this board now for the past few weeks but he makes some damn good points about the downward slide of the club since last season. I may be slightly irritated by the quantity of his posts but the quality is (mostly) pretty spot on IMO.

He has my backing.

[quote user="BUC in Padova"]Do you have a job out of interest? You have a higer post rate than AJ, and he''s at school![/quote]

Software Developer im afraid [:(].  Been designing documents at work recently - very boring hence too much time on this site and WOTB.

Hey i thought i was doing well, I have not been slagging off the players anymore - it doesnt acheive anything. In the end our manager has taken the club a long way and I give him loads of credit for it, he gave us the play off final, championship and a season in the premiership - absolutely fantastic.  The best times I have had since the inter away ended our last great run. But with his limitations we cannot progress any further and are now seriously underacheiving for a team with premiership money and the highest attendances in the league.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="BUC in Padova"]Do you have a job out of interest? You have a higer post rate than AJ, and he''s at school![/quote]

Software Developer im afraid [:(].  Been designing documents at work recently - very boring hence too much time on this site and WOTB.

Hey i thought i was doing well, I have not been slagging off the players anymore - it doesnt acheive anything. In the end our manager has taken the club a long way and I give him loads of credit for it, he gave us the play off final, championship and a season in the premiership - absolutely fantastic.  The best times I have had since the inter away ended our last great run. But with his limitations we cannot progress any further and are now seriously underacheiving for a team with premiership money and the highest attendances in the league.

[/quote]

Software Developer = Programmer, just as Multi Functional Dust Processor = Vacuum Cleaner.

i dont have a problem with what paul puts - or anyone puts - as long as they can argue their argument with decent evidence. to be fair, most can accept that, other than those that have no concept of anyone else''s point of view and type with blinkers on as to what is going on at our football club. its no different from having some granny drive straight through a red light and then give you the bird for having the audacity to be in their way. they, as we know have been called KTF''ers, but from now on should be called the ''nothing wrongers'' (NW - like it?!)

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]i dont have a problem with what paul puts - or anyone puts - as long as they can argue their argument with decent evidence. to be fair, most can accept that, other than those that have no concept of anyone else''s point of view and type with blinkers on as to what is going on at our football club. its no different from having some granny drive straight through a red light and then give you the bird for having the audacity to be in their way. they, as we know have been called KTF''ers, but from now on should be called the ''nothing wrongers'' (NW - like it?!)[/quote]

You are incredibly naive and I love you for it, just because some people don''t feel that there is currently a need to change the manager does not mean that they think nothing is wrong. They are intelligent enough to know that this season has not been what we would''ve hoped for at the start of the year but other factors do come in to play. Now I can see a stream of rants saying what factors, well if you don''t know its because you been lazily not looking any further than sacking the manager and I''m not going to enlighten you.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]i dont have a problem with what paul puts - or anyone puts - as long as they can argue their argument with decent evidence. to be fair, most can accept that, other than those that have no concept of anyone else''s point of view and type with blinkers on as to what is going on at our football club. its no different from having some granny drive straight through a red light and then give you the bird for having the audacity to be in their way. they, as we know have been called KTF''ers, but from now on should be called the ''nothing wrongers'' (NW - like it?!)[/quote]

You are incredibly naive and I love you for it, just because some people don''t feel that there is currently a need to change the manager does not mean that they think nothing is wrong. They are intelligent enough to know that this season has not been what we would''ve hoped for at the start of the year but other factors do come in to play. Now I can see a stream of rants saying what factors, well if you don''t know its because you been lazily not looking any further than sacking the manager and I''m not going to enlighten you.

[/quote]that''s because you don''t know in your blind support for this manager. It least the worthy outers points are fact and not like the ktf''er what if''s.what if we reach the play-offs?what if we sign a right sided midfielder?what if worthy turns it round?what if the worthy outers stopped posting?think you get the picture.FACT  - we are  mid-table FACT -  we are ten points from play-off''sFACT -  we take defeats on regular basisFACT -  managers tactical know how zeroFACT -  poor team selections ok maybe the last two are subject to debate, but i think they are factALL FACT DEAR SQUIT

I shouldn''t imagine Paul will be losing too much sleep over your comments. This is a forum after all and we all have the right to post our views - you don''t have to agree with them and if you dislike Paul''s posts that much why do you read them?? No-one''s forcing you. There are plenty of other posts to read! I also find his posts overly negative but they''re his views and he''s entitled to them just as you are to yours and I am to mine!

Paul Rankin has usually got good views which make sense and so shouldnt be criticized for this. He can be negative, and does start alot of negative topics but 90% of the time his comments make sense. Its obvious that he is a true fan unlike some on here (naming no names), and is intitled to his own opinion. It should be respected, it is a forum which is somewhere for us fans to debate. If everyone decided to comment on the positives like lets all be happy andy hughes madec a succesful pass it wouldnt be worth while.

Hey Ronbol Ronbol

''ok maybe the last two are subject to debate, but i think they are fact''

Is it because you''ve got two names that you have to argue with yourself?

Paul shares his thoughts and at a time of the worst performances in 5 years why shouldnt many oftheposts be negative?

He is open to changing his mind when people take the time to discuss his points with him rather than simply attack him so is far less blinkered than many of his detractors who accuse him of being single visioned.  Heis not the worst poster by any means but is clearly passionate for his club and wont take second best like many others.

Keep it up Paul;  

[quote user="A load of squit"]

Hey Ronbol Ronbol

''ok maybe the last two are subject to debate, but i think they are fact''

Is it because you''ve got two names that you have to argue with yourself?

[/quote]not even worth a comment! damm i just commented!

" wont take second best like many others. "

More old tosh. As said before we and most others will always be second best.

The problem with posters like Paul (and yourself) is that you attempt to portray anyone who doesn''t think that ''sacking the manager will resolve our problems'' as fans who have little or no aspiration or concern for the club.

In Paul''s case it is far worse. Any genuine rebuttal of his repeated lies, misinformation and attempts to slander the club are twisted into being attacks on those that don''t agree with Worthington. They are not.

It is fair comment to state your views on the manager, his signings, tactics etc. This is part and parcel of this board and has been part and parcel of football be it here, in the pub or on the terraces for a long long time.

What is not fair comment is the repeated twisting of a story in an attempt to show how bad the club is, habitual misrepresent ion of what is said for the same purpose and the posting up of stuff from a totally unreliable source knowing that it is libellous solely because it''s made unfounded claims of financial irregularities.

This not an argument between those who want Worthington sacked and those who don''t. It is about a number of fans, irrespective of their views on Worthington, who are sick to the death of the lies and endless rumour being passed off as fact in an effort to denigrate the club.

It is not about keeping the faith it is about keeping the record straight. Something Paul Rankine and a small vociferous number of message board names have being doing their damnest to twist.

What they'' won''t take is the fact that the vast majority of genuine City fans don''t have their pathological hatred of the club and so seem to spend every waking hour of their existence posting up attacks on every single thread they can find.

True fans perhaps. Of or club, highly doubtful.

And your problem Dan is that anyone who does not agree with your arguement is ''TOSH'' You take the moral high ground on a regular basis and it all reeks of club ''spin''.  If Paul, Wiz, Ronbol, rossi....(I could go on) want to put their opinion forward (and it is opinion) you and squit are the first to belittle them no matter what they say.  You talk about putting the record straight, so come on then, why should we listen to you anymore than ignore what anyone else says. Be a man, tell us who you are.

Keep it up Paul.  We need good debate.

"...sick to the death of the lies and endless rumour being passed off as fact..."

If you''re happy with the rubbish that has been dished up on and off the field this season, then you''re sick as well as Mad, Dan.

Oh, whilst we''re on the subject of ''lies'', I''ll reproduce the answer (according to City Angel, who was there) that Worthington gave at the Fans'' Forum about the following topic -   

"...Nigel couldn’t remember saying he didn’t care what the fans thought - so several people reminded him that he had said it; he then said it had been taken out of context..."

So he can''t remember saying it, but what he didn''t say "had been taken out of context". Doh! What does he take us for?

If Ipswich supporters don''t laugh about what we do on the pitch on Sunday, then they can certainly laugh at our staff off the pitch.

WORTHY OUT.   

Why dont we get more positive posts then. Perhaps its because there is little positive to go on. I have been encouraged by the new signings, but otherwise what else is there. If you KTFers are so fed upwith Paul counter his arguments. Problem is you cant really as most of what he says is absolutely true, unfortunately

i would imagine the climb to the moral high ground has quite exhausted you mad dan.any message board worth its salt has a wide range of opinions that in the main reflects opinion rather than creates it - the general mood on this board is negative, which probably accurately reflects the current situation at city.  certainly the crowd at carra rd against watford were very subdued and all the reports from reading show the travelling fans were very quiet - its not all hunky dory and with 4 defeats in the last 5 games and coming on the back of a disappointing season the general poor mood is probably to be expected.

I believe the club is lagging behind fan opinion on worthy, and so its probably realisitic that some posters will go over the top presently in frustration.  In any event, if you don''t like the style of some people''s posts, then you always have a choice to reply or ignore it, or even leave. 

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]FACT  - we are  mid-table FACT -  we are ten points from play-off''sFACT -  we take defeats on regular basisFACT -  managers tactical know how zeroFACT -  poor team selections ok maybe the last two are subject to debate, but i think they are factALL FACT DEAR SQUIT[/quote]Now you sound like David Brent. Do you work in an office too? Bet they lurrrve you :)

Mr Rankin although posts sometimes controversial views he does at least argue his case the best he can rather than pathetic little one liners that serve no purpose to the "discussion". Bit like this post really lol

Commence anorak wearing.....

Programmer = Someone who takes written specifications and writes code.Software Developer = Someone with the knowledge to analyse business issues, construct specifications and writes code.Anorak removed.....