Sign in to follow this  
pete

FIFA and player contracts

FIFA are looking into whether players whose contracts expire on June 30 can be extended.  Only with players accepting short term contracts will it be possible.  Same with regard to loaned players club loaning must agree and new contract signed.

The law of contract and agreements is writ in law and similarly applied in most jurisdictions.  Don't know why FIFA believe they can rewrite law. 

This is all being overtaken by events.

Football is done for the forseeable future.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

FIFA are looking into whether players whose contracts expire on June 30 can be extended.  Only with players accepting short term contracts will it be possible.  Same with regard to loaned players club loaning must agree and new contract signed.

The law of contract and agreements is writ in law and similarly applied in most jurisdictions.  Don't know why FIFA believe they can rewrite law. 

conversely would it mean a player who has isgned a pre contract agreement, say to join City from Villa could join and play ?

or maybe it is a way to extend the length of the contract so no club gains/looses

Ricardo I appreciate the way it appears overwhelming at the moment, but a lot can happen in 6 weeks (or more) and I am sure there is a massive wish to get the season completeed for commercial reasons

of course it does seem to be putting two fingers up to yourself and others in a similar medical postion - that I fully acknowledge and understand

the main reason for my disappearance over Xmas was a long term school friend was disagnosed with Motor Neorone Diseasoe the latter part of the summer and he took a turn for the worse with his breathing - single chap, no kids it was up to a couple of us. my work allowed me the time to help deal with the  arrangement of accomodation

he's now down in London and is self isolating himself as best he can - with some poor chap with MND dying of this the other day - none of us can now go near him for the obvious reasons and while I think I'm ok I know there must be thousands up and down the country with conditions that could be fatal, so talk of fottball does appear to be rather shallow, if not callous

it is going to be an awful long game of wait and see - so aside from the banter on here - this trascends all race. creed or colour as for millions around the globe this is an unknown that recognises no borders, wealth or status

just hang on in there mate

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ricardo said:

This is all being overtaken by events.

Football is done for the forseeable future.

You  are doing a brilliant  Victor Meldrew on this thread  Ricardo (o)

I happen to agree that  this is gonna be a long haul and dont  believe we can pick up where we left off. Getting footy going again is so far off, in my opinion,  that we might as well forget it for now. 

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You  are doing a brilliant  Victor Meldrew on this thread  Ricardo (o)

I happen to agree that  this is gonna be a long haul and dont  believe we can pick up where we left off. Getting footy going again is so far off, in my opinion,  that we might as well forget it for now. 

But you can't just forget it. It's a multi billion pound industry. Saying just forget it is as impossible as imaging us going back to what was business as usual.

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

But you can't just forget it. It's a multi billion pound industry. Saying just forget it is as impossible as imaging us going back to what was business as usual.

I meant forget winding ourselves up that  there'll  be footy in June. I believe a lot longer actually. China have taken four months to see infection rates  start dropping. Do the Maths . 

Yes I am aware it is a multi million  pound industry.  So are many others that are equally or maybe more important than football. 

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The government has just agreed to pump £350Bn into the economy. Football is irrelevant compared to that.

Unless they can agree some sort of quick shoot out the season is over. Null and void.

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

In order of importance of multi billion pound industries that are going to be massively hit by this I’d say football is at rock bottom on that list. We won’t see any games now until this is over, that’s anyone’s guess on a timescale 

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

conversely would it mean a player who has isgned a pre contract agreement, say to join City from Villa could join and play ?

or maybe it is a way to extend the length of the contract so no club gains/looses

Ricardo I appreciate the way it appears overwhelming at the moment, but a lot can happen in 6 weeks (or more) and I am sure there is a massive wish to get the season completeed for commercial reasons

of course it does seem to be putting two fingers up to yourself and others in a similar medical postion - that I fully acknowledge and understand

the main reason for my disappearance over Xmas was a long term school friend was disagnosed with Motor Neorone Diseasoe the latter part of the summer and he took a turn for the worse with his breathing - single chap, no kids it was up to a couple of us. my work allowed me the time to help deal with the  arrangement of accomodation

he's now down in London and is self isolating himself as best he can - with some poor chap with MND dying of this the other day - none of us can now go near him for the obvious reasons and while I think I'm ok I know there must be thousands up and down the country with conditions that could be fatal, so talk of fottball does appear to be rather shallow, if not callous

it is going to be an awful long game of wait and see - so aside from the banter on here - this trascends all race. creed or colour as for millions around the globe this is an unknown that recognises no borders, wealth or status

just hang on in there mate

Bill, I am so sorry to hear the news about your schoolfriend. It is at times like this that we see how important friends and family are in life. On this forum people often have disagreements but we should remind ourselves that we are fortunate to have somewhere for a bit of banter and when all is said and done we are all part of the Norwich City family and experience its triumphs and disasters together.

These times are bound to be trying for all of us and in a sureal way it feels like we are living in the alternate reality of a catastrophe movie. In light of that, the various attempts of Sky and the PL to keep the money rolling in seem very grotesque. I am fairly sure any hasty arrangements will swiftly be overtaken by events in the coming weeks.

I intend to follow instructions to stay as safe as possible. Lets hope we can all come through this trial in one piece.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

The government has just agreed to pump £350Bn into the economy. Football is irrelevant compared to that.

Unless they can agree some sort of quick shoot out the season is over. Null and void.

Well with all the major european football organisations now agreed on the resolution that all euro domestic leagues must be completed by June 30th at latest, i am in no doubt that nulling and voiding will be the only options left now. This virus  is not going to comply with  a vanishing act by that date for  certain.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I meant forget winding ourselves up that  there'll  be footy in June. I believe a lot longer actually. China have taken four months to see infection rates  start dropping. Do the Maths . 

Yes I am aware it is a multi million  pound industry.  So are many others that are equally or maybe more important than football. 

Four months and fewer than 3,500 deaths, in a country with a population of 1 billion more (20 times more) people than the UK. The UK’s average deaths from common seasonal flu, in an 8 month flu season is around 20,000. That’s 10,000 in a four month period. 

I can't see how it's possible.

There are some players who have agreed moves and their new contracts are worth far more than their old ones. Are they going to forego a pay rise for a couple of months? Doubt it. Will their new club pay them if they're still playing for their old clubs? No way.

It's a similar story with loans. I'm sure some clubs will want their players back if their loans end on June 30 and they feel the players can add to their squad. They won't be contractually obliged to let them stay at their current loan club.

If the season hasn't ended by June 30, then it won't finish.

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I can't see how it's possible.

There are some players who have agreed moves and their new contracts are worth far more than their old ones. Are they going to forego a pay rise for a couple of months? Doubt it. Will their new club pay them if they're still playing for their old clubs? No way.

It's a similar story with loans. I'm sure some clubs will want their players back if their loans end on June 30 and they feel the players can add to their squad. They won't be contractually obliged to let them stay at their current loan club.

If the season hasn't ended by June 30, then it won't finish.

Yep and you can’t be in a position where clubs can bring in new (or lose existing) players to finish the last nine games. Keeping the squads the same as they are now and not breaching hundreds, probably thousands, of player contracts just don’t go together.

Some players are signed on a season long loan now so I guess they have to stay for the full 38 games? But with regards to contracts that expire 30th june wont you think they'll just push it back to the last day of the season?