Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Cinema night

In case it helps anyone else. A small group of friends of mine have started cinema night. Starting the same film at 8.00pm with comments through a WhatsApp group. Every little helps. 

Hoping that the BBC start showing old football games, great TV programmes etc free for all to help. But this is a Tory government so you'll probably have to pay

42 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Perhaps they could show Match of theDay from the 60’s and 70’s

It would surprise some of our younger people. Some overweight blokes running around kicking each other 😂

There’s an app for this. Netflixparty.com provides a space for you to chat whilst watching.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

Some people do this with the programme Gogglebox. 

Have just got in from a very enjoyable evening, watching some neighbours (who don’t close the curtains) participating in an online gogglebox party.

46 minutes ago, Hansterbubble said:

Any good recommendations Dylanisabaddog? I had a look at Netflix last night but felt a bit uninspired.

I can give you a few good film recommendations, of films that are on Netflix. Of course, you may have watched some of them already!

Uncut Gems- Classy, chaotic, breathless drama starring Adam Sandler (yes, I know) in a straight role at which he actually excels.

Blue Ruin- Kind of like the American version of Dead Man's Shoes or something. Super film. Made on a shoestring but was well received at Cannes/Sundance etc.

The Ritual- Awesome, British folk horror movie starring Rafe Spall

Edited by BobLoz3

Thanks for those Bob. 👍😁I haven’t seen any of them although I did read the book of the Ritual a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

I shall tune in to one of them tonight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hansterbubble said:

Any good recommendations Dylanisabaddog? I had a look at Netflix last night but felt a bit uninspired.

I have Netflix courtesy of a neighbour. I must admit I hardly watch it. After Life with Ricky Gervais is superb. The film Spotlight is extraordinary but a bit depressing and not likely to improve your state of mind at the moment. 

Moneyball with Bradd Pitt is one of the best sports films I've seen. I'm not sure if Seabiscuit is on there. I'm not a horse racing fan but I thought it was brilliant. I sought out the book it was based on which was even better. It won the Whitbread sports book of the year award

Edited by dylanisabaddog

1 hour ago, Hansterbubble said:

Thanks for those Bob. 👍😁I haven’t seen any of them although I did read the book of the Ritual a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

I shall tune in to one of them tonight. 

No worries pal!

I also enjoyed the series 'I am not OK with this' which some of the folk who make Stranger Things worked on.

Van Helsing is a pretty good series too. Lots of gore, if that's ya thing!

I had never seen Remember the Titans (true story) before this week and it is a great feelgood movie. And it has Denzel Washington so it has to be good.

Also the Last Full Measure, another true story about the Vietnam War.

• Like 1