Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Season ticket refunds

Someone called Reuben Fitt has posted on the Norwich City Fans Facebook page asking about season ticket refunds. 

Please feel free to pile in and tell him where to go. I have been less than polite

• Confused 1

Hey, everyone. 

There's this guy you probably haven't heard of posting something you otherwise probably wouldn't have seen. He's using freedom of speech to ask questions and stuff.

Now, I don't like this question, but instead of ignoring it and moving on with my day I suggest we all go and give him loads of hate, not that it will enrich our lives or make any difference to us whatsoever.

Social Media: The one virus there will truly never be a cure for.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I take it you have ignored the pain of the world right now and asked for your money back 

No, I have not. But you seem to have missed the point quite spectacularly...

Just now, Flying Dutchman said:

No, I have not. But you seem to have missed the point quite spectacularly...

No I haven't missed your point. I think I understand you very well indeed 

I shall not ask for a refund and if they give it to me I will return it to the club.

When this is over people will need a club to go back to. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I shall not ask for a refund and if they give it to me I will return it to the club.

When this is over people will need a club to go back to. 

Seconded.

21 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Seconded.

The probable outcome is that we will be in the premier league again next year, so £100m or so in the bank, I-think the club will still exist

Haven't read what the guy posted on Facebook , he may not be financially independent,  may have been told he has no job, I don't  know. Wouldn't be too quick to judge him. His family may be more important  to him than his footy Club. Mine are and I wont apologise  for it.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Haven't read what the guy posted on Facebook , he may not be financially independent,  may have been told he has no job, I don't  know. Wouldn't be too quick to judge him. His family may be more important  to him than his footy Club. Mine are and I wont apologise  for it.

Fair comment

People are (presunably) perfectly entitled to a partial refund - around £100 for an adult, so not to be sniffed at - if the season doesn’t complete.  As a club we are far better off than most and any refund would be relatively small beer out of the ££££ we’d be getting this season and next (if still in the PL).  I might well take my refund and give it to a local charity that needs it a lot more...if the club was clever it would suggest it was handed over to the CSF. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

I imagine they’ll offer a discount on the renewal price of next season’s ST. 

In the grand scheme of things, a quarter of our gate receipts is around £2.5 million. No idea where Dave Freezer got his figures from, but said on transfer deadline day we'd have a surplus of £16m at the end of the season.

image.png.c6fcd5d6453bbc10b40f67c391a3e11d.png

13 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I take it you have ignored the pain of the world right now and asked for your money back 

So bullying and harassing a total stranger on the internet, whilst asking others to join in, is the righteous way? 

13 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Exactly this.

These times are turbulent for people and money worries are a big concern for quite a few people.

He paid for a season ticket, he's unlikely to get a good chunk of what he paid for, is enquiring for a refund so heinous? NCFC is a football club, not a charity for ****s sake.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Exactly this.

These times are turbulent for people and money worries are a big concern for quite a few people.

He paid for a season ticket, he's unlikely to get a good chunk of what he paid for, is enquiring for a refund so heinous? NCFC is a football club, not a charity for ****s sake.

Thankyou Kaceyo, the small amount that the Club  would lose by offering refunds would be insignificant compared to the good will created by doing so. Some may not want or need it , some will. Just a £100 could feed a family of four for two weeks if they use the money efficiently. Porridge,  soups and stews etc. 

This shoite is serious, far more  serious for some. Time to become  the better form of humanity.  Let's not sink to the lowest common denominator. 

13 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

This is the sort of abuse the guy is getting on Facebook. Very, very poor.

For God's sake. Hang your head in shame. You are pathetic

pYa91jLXA4e.png
  •  · 
  •  · 18h

•  
    What if they aren't about £125. Just over an hrs wages for some . There's a thing are the players still on full pay ? Got to be asked
    pYa91jLXA4e.png
    •  · 
    •  · 18h

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

#bekind

So Fredo, was she pleased  with the dungarees? It was kind of you to think of her, or were you really thinking of yourself # bekind/ behonest.😄....smiley face  to remove any doubt about this post being non malicious. 

I'll take my 2019/20 season ticket refund, the amount will be most welcome and used for personal financial needs and essentials in these unfortunate times......Although the Club's welcome to retain my recent season ticket renewal money for the 2020/21 campaign (if and when it is to commence)........ 

14 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yes, I agree with this and Ricardo's comment. We are all gong to be hit financially by the virus and sadly some will fare even worse. However, should I (hopefully) make it through the crisis, I won't be claiming a refund as I can afford not to (current stock markets notwithstanding).

Others will have larger and younger families and be in jobs that are particularly hard hit - they may not have the choice!

• Thanks 1

On 16/03/2020 at 16:15, dylanisabaddog said:

You seem to have ignored the "pain of the world" by not considering the possibility that this Reuben Fitt fella may have been furloughed on 80 percent of pay, or been on a zero hour contract and now on universal credit.

No, I don't think it is a good idea to abuse somebody that may well really need to take the refund. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

A disgraceful OP!

Agree should be removed

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You seem to have ignored the "pain of the world" by not considering the possibility that this Reuben Fitt fella may have been furloughed on 80 percent of pay, or been on a zero hour contract and now on universal credit.

No, I don't think it is a good idea to abuse somebody that may well really need to take the refund. 

Worth pointing out that furloughing didn’t start until after that Facebook post and at that stage nobody knew what would be happening in Britain. Football had only been suspended a few days before so on the face of it Mr Finn was too hasty but as others have said he might have desperately needed the money. On the other hand it might have been a wind up. Who knows ?

People with a gold-plated pension can too easily forget how things were not so rosy for themselves back in the day but even if it was a wind up, encouraging mob rule even via the internet, is not a great idea.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

I pay by direct debit, think I read somewhere that next season’s payments started in March ? Not sure how any refund calculation works if your last payment for this season was in February, way before lockdown.

36 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I pay by direct debit, think I read somewhere that next season’s payments started in March ? Not sure how any refund calculation works if your last payment for this season was in February, way before lockdown.

It is worked out by dividing the total amount you paid for the games in season 2019/2020 by 19 and multiplying that by 5 which is the games you will miss surely ? When your payments started and finished by DD is of no consequence.

Edited by TIL 1010

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is worked out by dividing the total amount you paid for the games in season 2019/2020 by 19 and multiplying that by 5 which is the games you will miss surely ? When your payments started and finished by DD is of no consequence.

That's what I think too.

I think you can get this season's back if you want to cancel.