Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

What are the top three best moments you have seen at Carrow road

Another best thread , but what are the top three moments you have seen at Carrow road not on the tv but in the crowd , mine are in the seventies 

1 The two games v Chelsea in the league cup semi final ( the fog one and the rearranged game )

2. Dave stringers late headed winner v Crystal Palace keeping us in the top league 

3 Justin Fashanu great goal v Liverpool

Great atmosphere at all the games 27000 to 33000 and the noise was fantastic 

1. Norwich 3-1 Wolves in the 01/02 playoffs- they came in so arrogant and we shut them up with a swift punch to the mouth.

2. Jackson v Derby- in a season of late winners this was the most incredible.

3. 3-1 win v Ipswich in the playoffs. I was sick with nerves at the idea of losing to them of all teams in such a big game so to finish them off so emphatically felt great.

1) The ridiculous late winner against Millwall last season: it was the point at which I realised that the club had turned a corner and the transition into a genuinely good footballing side was complete.

2) The win against Man City: no-one expected it, but there we were outplaying the champions with half of our first team injured. It wasn't a fluke. We played some excellent football, but we still didn't believe we would win until the final whistle. The atmosphere was electric.

3) Simeon Jackson against Derby: the momentum carried us over the line to promotion. Incredible celebrations in the stands.

To be honest, these could go in any order. The thing I always remind myself is that the tough times make the moments like these genuinely special.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Ipswich play off win or the 5 - 1 at their pit 

err, check the OP title

Edited by Bill

22 minutes ago, Petriix said:

1) The ridiculous late winner against Millwall last season: it was the point at which I realised that the club had turned a corner and the transition into a genuinely good footballing side was complete.

2) The win against Man City: no-one expected it, but there we were outplaying the champions with half of our first team injured. It wasn't a fluke. We played some excellent football, but we still didn't believe we would win until the final whistle. The atmosphere was electric.

3) Simeon Jackson against Derby: the momentum carried us over the line to promotion. Incredible celebrations in the stands.

To be honest, these could go in any order. The thing I always remind myself is that the tough times make the moments like these genuinely special.

All of these up there for me too. Absolute insanity in the crowd for all of these moments.

I think Simeon's goal against Derby would take top spot for me though!

1) Smallest man on the field Paul McVeigh scoring with a towering header against Wolves in the play-off semi-final.

2) The reaction of a very experienced Charlton defender (can't think of his name but he was a good player) when he put the lightest of hands on Huckerby's shoulder as they raced for the ball and the latter went down as if hit by a bulldozer to win the penalty. The defender just laughed at the absurdity of the decision plus probably his own stupidity for falling for it.

3) In a different game against Charlton Gary Doherty appealing for offside against an attacker who'd received the ball direct from a throw-in...

6 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Then Vrancics free kick

This would get an honourable mention from me, just outside of the top 3.

Also beating Man U under Worthy- first time I'd seen us beat one of the 'big boys' and it felt great.

I remember them all so vividly. We’ve really been lucky in the last decade (and beyond) for such special moments. 

Just outside the top 3:

Holtys perfectly scripted goal vs Reading

Holtys equaliser against Man U 

Pukki vs Millwall

Struggling for a third that has the magnitude of the first two

1) Goss vs Bayern Munich in the second leg. Not the best goal he'd ever scored, but such a big one. Always remember Ade Akinibiyi coming on at the end and it was like a yorkshire terrier was on the pitch, he chased the ball and never let defenders settle.

2) Jackson 3-2 Derby. The place just exploded when the third went in.

3) Maybe my first game Norwich 3 Sunderland 2.

As already mentioned........

- Dave Stringer's last minute winner  v C Palace to keep us in Div 1 ('72/73 was it?)

- Justin Fashanu's 'Goal of the Season' v Liverpool

_Simeon Jackson's late winner v Derby - never heard such a crowd reaction before or since

.............also an honourable mention to another one of my favourites - Adam Drury's late equaliser v Middlesbrough after being 1-4 down with about 15-20 mins left - an incredible comeback  😀

4 hours ago, Petriix said:

Yes, these are great ones.

I would add Steve Bruce's header against the binners as a 4th.

And ahead of the Man City game must be Mario Vrancic's free kick in added time against Sheff Wed. It still sends shivers down my spine. Unbelievable.

I loved that Buendia flick and Teemu's goal too as another contender.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Jackson V Derby without a doubt (9 years ago? Wow)

Vrancic V Sheff Weds last season.

Pukki V Millwall last season

Been going since the late 90's, but 2 from last season from me, just goes to show what an incredible season it was I suppose!

Honorable mention to the 4-4 with Middlesborough and beating Man City this season - 2 incredible games to witness.

• Like 1

Steve Bruce v Ipswich 

Dave Stringer v Crystal Palace 

Simeon Jackson v Derby 

The list goes on. Thanks for posting this and bringing back 50 years of memories 

1. Steve Bruce header in Milk Cup semi 1985 v Ipswich

2. 3-1 Play off win 2015 v Ipswich

3. Grant Holt’s hatrick , 4-1 win 2010 v Ipswich 

Get where I’m coming from ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, C.I.D said:

.............also an honourable mention to another one of my favourites - Adam Drury's late equaliser v Middlesbrough after being 1-4 down with about 15-20 mins left - an incredible comeback  😀

This match!

When we went 4-1 down my Dad told me he wanted to go. I told him no. He was so pissed with me we didn't talk until that Drury goal where we spent the next 90 seconds jumping up and down together celebrating.

Sadly my Dad has now passed, but it's memories like this that I remember most when I think about him. 

Not to go too deep - but it's also why I think I haven't enjoyed going to NCFC games as much since he passed. It's taught me it really is the people you share these things with rather than the football itself that makes this. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

loved that Buendia flick and Teemu's goal too as another contender.

Emi’s flick was undoubtedly the best moment of skill seen on that pitch, possibly on any British pitch.... may be bias but it was ridiculous!    Remember also Kevin Drinkell’s last minute winner when Liverpool had never lost a game Rushie had scored in!   They did that day!    

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1

Sorry but I really cannot pick just 3, so, in no particular order:

That goal by Justin Fashanu

The Simeon Jackson winner against Derby

Steve Bruce header Milk Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg win over Ippo

Grant Holt dismantling Ippo in a  4-1 win

Play semi final demolition job against Ippo

Any win against Ippo

Tim Klose equaliser against Ippo

4-4 against Middlesborough

Kevin Drinkell winner against Liverpool;

Play off semi final against Wolves

The game against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup

FA Cup 6th Round Replay against Southampton 1992

The 3-3 draw with Forest

And finally, can't remember who we are playing but a mass brawl of players/stewards in front of the Snakepit in a League cup game.......

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Don’t come very often as I live quite far away although came twice last season. Of what I can remember from the times I have been these will have to be:

5-0 win v Huddersfield (think it was 1997), including Neil Adams spot kick

3-1 win v Rotherham, when Cantwell scored his first goal for us

4-0 win v QPR although despite scoring for us first half I thought Buendia was a disgrace, and the ref was totally right to send him off 

The first one’s easy for me:

1. Bruce v Binners in the Milk Cup - it was my first full season going to games and to beat them and get to Wembley was a dream becoming reality.  A beaut of a header and one of my all time favourite footy pictures with him wheeling away and Donawa looking ecstatic😀!

Less sure about the next 2, it could be any of many, I’ll have a think....

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Sorry but I really cannot pick just 3, so, in no particular order:

That goal by Justin Fashanu

The Simeon Jackson winner against Derby

Steve Bruce header Milk Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg win over Ippo

Grant Holt dismantling Ippo in a  4-1 win

Play semi final demolition job against Ippo

Any win against Ippo

Tim Klose equaliser against Ippo

4-4 against Middlesborough

Kevin Drinkell winner against Liverpool;

Play off semi final against Wolves

The game against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup

FA Cup 6th Round Replay against Southampton 1992

The 3-3 draw with Forest

And finally, can't remember who we are playing but a mass brawl of players/stewards in front of the Snakepit in a League cup game.......

Was it Blackpool SOB?

This thread is brilliant. But like best goals the older you are the more there is to choose from. I saw all the contributions made on here and like SOB I couldn't even try to to whittle them down.

But there are moments, things that stick in your mind but weren't great goals or great results or even great excitement. One such moment for me was Easter Monday 1969. We played Huddersfield at home and didn't have much in the way of striker options. Bryan Conlon was injured and Hughie Curran had been sold. We had Albert Bennett with his white boots but he needed help. There was no media to pontificate about this and who might play. I turned up, the teams took to the pitch and the No. 9 was Terry Allcock. Now The Count hadn't played that season. In fact for the two years prior to that I'd only ever seen him play halfback. I knew he'd been a famous centre forward because I knew all about 1959 and all that. But for a boy of 12 any thing before 1967 was no more than stories. Anyway, I think this story was already written because we won the game 1-0 with a Terry Allcock header into the Barclay end goal.

The clean sheet was a surprise too because King Kev was injured so we had Peter Vasper in goal...

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 2

Behind the goal when Brucey nodded home 2 mins into his debut.....great diving header... sadly an OG for Liverpool.     At a sportsman’s evening with Jan Molby a couple of yrs back, he mentioned that game as it was his debut too.     Speaking later he said he’d crossed the ball .... sure it was Dalglish!

Ah, some welcome relief on here! We really have had some brilliant moments.. especially when you consider Ipswich have literally had nothing for 15 odd years! The amount of last minute goals which gained vital points is incredible... 

For me, in no particular order; 

1. 2002 Play off semi-final - Norwich 3-1 Wolves. A turning point season which ended 7 depressing seasons of nothingness (imagine 15 of those)

2. Simeon Jackson - Last minute against Derby. Utter scenes! 

3. 2015 Playoff semi-final - Norwich 3-1 Ipswich. Beating your bitter rivals to reach Wembley in the game dubbed the richest in the world.. it doesn't get better than that, surely? That's proper once in a lifetime stuff. 

20 hours ago, king canary said:

1. Norwich 3-1 Wolves in the 01/02 playoffs- they came in so arrogant and we shut them up with a swift punch to the mouth.

2. Jackson v Derby- in a season of late winners this was the most incredible.

3. 3-1 win v Ipswich in the playoffs. I was sick with nerves at the idea of losing to them of all teams in such a big game so to finish them off so emphatically felt great.

3 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Ah, some welcome relief on here! We really have had some brilliant moments.. especially when you consider Ipswich have literally had nothing for 15 odd years! The amount of last minute goals which gained vital points is incredible... 

For me, in no particular order; 

1. 2002 Play off semi-final - Norwich 3-1 Wolves. A turning point season which ended 7 depressing seasons of nothingness (imagine 15 of those)

2. Simeon Jackson - Last minute against Derby. Utter scenes! 

3. 2015 Playoff semi-final - Norwich 3-1 Ipswich. Beating your bitter rivals to reach Wembley in the game dubbed the richest in the world.. it doesn't get better than that, surely? That's proper once in a lifetime stuff. 

SNAP!

• Like 1