Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Wayne Rooney in the Sunday Times

I'm sure he had help with his new column in the Sunday Times today but the emotions he has expressed are clearly his own. He is disgusted with Boris Johnson and the football authorities and feels their lack of early action has put the players families at risk. It really is very powerful stuff. 

I'm sure he had help with his new column in the Sunday Times today but the emotions he has expressed are clearly his own. He is disgusted with Boris Johnson and the football authorities and feels their lack of early action has put the players families at risk. It really is very powerful stuff. 

This is one of the problems I have Dylan. If you had said that nobody would have paid attention. But because Wayne Rooney is worried, it is how high should we jump. The same Rooney who found a loophole to pay little if no tax on his substantial wages at ManU. Tax that may have help us have more respirators or IC Units. Now he has found out that his family is no more important than anyone elses. Tough. Its time he thought carefully about social responsibility a bit more often.
  • Like 8

He has the money to put himself and his family into isolation, why has he not done that?

He could have taken early action, why has he risked his family?

...meanwhile the rest of the world have to get on with it.

Tomorrow morning i'll have to get up and go to work at a company with 1500 other people of all nationalities.

...I can guess what my manager's answer might be if I protest that I'm being treated as a guinea pig

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But if he's playing football, how could he put himself in isolation? 

Nobody is forcing him to play football, his choice has been to put that over and above his own families safety.

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But if he's playing football, how could he put himself in isolation? 

It's hard to think of another job where you could get as much fresh air and physical separation from co-workers as a professional football player. Just avoid heading the ball. It's not like supporters who would be sitting within six feet of a dozen other people.

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

It's hard to think of another job where you could get as much fresh air and physical separation from co-workers as a professional football player. Just avoid heading the ball. It's not like supporters who would be sitting within six feet of a dozen other people.

agreed, however, they are suspending youth football everywhere, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

They still have to share buses, changing rooms and showers with plenty of other people, however.

• Like 1