Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Ante post football bets

12 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

What would happen to Ante post footy bets ,would they just get void and money back or be settled as it currently isπŸ˜„

It depends on the bookie I would say. However, be aware that a lot of bookies are just thieving, amoral, rapacious, bas***ds.

There was a huge row last year when BetBright went out of business and as part of their winding up plan they just voided a load of ante-post bets where the ticket holders were in a massively advantageous position and stood to make big winnings if/when their selections came in. Incredibly this course of action was agreed to by the Gambling Commission (who are the most useless and ineffective regulator in existence).Β 

In the end (if I remember correctly) BetVictor came in and took over the business and honoured the outstanding ante-post bets.Β 

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm guessing that they would void them unless the result was already known, and then most companies would probably pay out on Liverpool as a goodwill gesture (or PR move, if you prefer).

Β 

You'd be pretty sick under this scenario if you'd backed Leeds, Rotherham and Swindon for promotion for example.Β 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

You'd be pretty sick under this scenario if you'd backed Leeds, Rotherham and Swindon for promotion for example.Β 

Yep, but what can you do? The bad luck would be similar to the clubs themselves.

Β 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It depends on the bookie I would say. However, be aware that a lot of bookies are just thieving, amoral, rapacious, bas***ds.

There was a huge row last year when BetBright went out of business and as part of their winding up plan they just voided a load of ante-post bets where the ticket holders were in a massively advantageous position and stood to make big winnings if/when their selections came in. Incredibly this course of action was agreed to by the Gambling Commission (who are the most useless and ineffective regulator in existence).Β 

Speaking as someone who used to be a betting shop manager, in 95% of these controversial cases the customer either doesn't know the rules or they're just trying it on. Especially the ones who go to their local paper and trot out the usual "they're quick enough to take your money" line.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yep, but what can you do? The bad luck would be similar to the clubs themselves.

Β 

Speaking as someone who used to be a betting shop manager, in 95% of these controversial cases the customer either doesn't know the rules or they're just trying it on. Especially the ones who go to their local paper and trot out the usual "they're quick enough to take your money" line.

No customer is going to read the small black print as an event like this is so so rare.πŸ˜„

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Β 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. I used to be a betting shop manager.

While I certainly came across cases of customers trying it on I have to say that any dodgy/immoral activity I came across from punters paled into insignificance compared to the dodgy and immoral activity of the bookmakers themselves.Β 

17 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

In the end (if I remember correctly) BetVictor came in and took over the business and honoured the outstanding ante-post bets.Β 

Whilst on the face of it, it is immorally wrong, what else do you expect them to do?

Some on these bets were probably factors of them going bust.

Its also not dissimilar as Thomas Cook who were still taking bookings at 10pm one night, knowing full well they were going bust the following morning.

In terms of AP bets - Rules state any market that is mathematically not finished, will be void. However I'd thinkΒ the likes of PaddyPower/Betfred would probably pay on some of the obvious looking results - Liverpool title/Norwich relegated etc.

18 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

There was a huge row last year when BetBright went out of business .......

Lets hope my wager on the Grand National (Leopardprint) is hot voided by BetLynch

49 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Β the obvious looking results - Liverpool title/Norwich relegated etc.

obvious ?

are we two defeats away from confirmed relegation ?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

obvious ?

are we two defeats away from confirmed relegation ?

Lovely little bite...

We are down though onlyΒ Cov-19 can save us now.

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Lovely little bite...

We are down though onlyΒ Cov-19 can save us now.

we are down ?

silly me thought we still had games to play

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

we are down ?

silly me thought we still had games to play

Β 

Β 

Silly you is thinking we'd win enough of them to keep us up.

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Yes we are down.

nope, that is a lie

end of as far as I am concerned

if you wish to lie

do carry on

1 minute ago, Bill said:

nope, that is a lie

end of as far as I am concerned

if you wish to lie

do carry on

Silly Billy.