Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Daily Mail......latest thoughts

It seems that the PL may consider giving Liverpool the title as no PL clubs object.

Also they say the top two from the Champs at  present go up, and next season PL will consist of 22 clubs. ( which means we will have avoided the the relegation) after next season five clubs relegated.

Forgetting our 100 % certain relegation, it does seem like a very good solution.

Personally I feel truly sorry for the EFL 1 & 2 clubs, about more of the  huge amount of PL money was passed down the football chain, before some of them go to the wall.

4 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

It seems that the PL may consider giving Liverpool the title as no PL clubs object.

Also they say the top two from the Champs at  present go up, and next season PL will consist of 22 clubs. ( which means we will have avoided the the relegation) after next season five clubs relegated.

Forgetting our 100 % certain relegation, it does seem like a very good solution.

Personally I feel truly sorry for the EFL 1 & 2 clubs, about more of the  huge amount of PL money was passed down the football chain, before some of them go to the wall.

Although that's the Mail offering a view, I wouldn't disagree with this quite common sense decision.

Its just the rehash of a solution that was proposed in Germany last week and is one of the ideas that will be discussed next week.

I still believe voiding is more likely.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It would be a good compromise, and a few more games for our season tickets :classic_biggrin:

I'd be happy with that as an offset for the missed games this season. Plus it would be a 'hollow victory' for the scousers which no-one cares about. So who would play in the Champions League next season?

Nope. Would laugh my **** off if It’s null and void and Liverpool don’t get the title and Leeds don’t come up, although they will be absolute cannon fodder next season 

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its just the rehash of a solution that was proposed in Germany last week and is one of the ideas that will be discussed next week.

I still believe voiding is more likely.

It is almost a variation on voiding the season, but with perhaps less chance of legal stuff following.  

Five teams being relegated is a lot in one season though  - imo they should think outside the box and have some sort of play-off with sides from the Champs. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'd be happy with that as an offset for the missed games this season. Plus it would be a 'hollow victory' for the scousers which no-one cares about. So who would play in the Champions League next season?

Tricky, maybe the same teams as took part this year across all the participating nations, all national leagues are going to be in a similar position to us.

7 minutes ago, JF said:

Would laugh my **** off if It’s null and void and Liverpool don’t get the title and Leeds don’t come up

What with us avoiding relegation JF, that truly is football Shangri-la

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

We are not 100% certain relegation

Any PL rule change would require 14 club support. Can you really see that ?

I would suggest that there will be seven current PL clubs who will have a strong objection to there being five clubs relegated in 2021.

What happens to the Championship ? Do they have  two clubs less whiich will mean 4 games less, meaning nearly 10% loss in income pro rata to games.

Or do they drag up five from LI, and then five from L2 .... etc ?

Utter nonsense

• Like 1

Why should they give Leeds and WBA promotion? They've not won a thing yet. Void it start over I say. 

For goodness sake! How can you possibly promote Leeds and West Brom?  West Brom are only 6 points ahead of Fulham and still have to play them. Even Forest in 5th could make the top 2. The 3 clubs currently just outside the top 2 would sue as the EFL rules are the same as EPL. Everyone has to play everyone else home and away. 

The Independent is suggesting that UEFA will get involved on Thursday to ensure a unified approach across Europe 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-news-premier-league-champions-europa-cobra-meeting-a9401466.html

• Like 4

Once one European league voids a season then the rest will probably follow.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

For goodness sake! How can you possibly promote Leeds and West Brom?  West Brom are only 6 points ahead of Fulham and still have to play them. Even Forest in 5th could make the top 2. The 3 clubs currently just outside the top 2 would sue as the EFL rules are the same as EPL. Everyone has to play everyone else home and away. 

The Independent is suggesting that UEFA will get involved on Thursday to ensure a unified approach across Europe 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-news-premier-league-champions-europa-cobra-meeting-a9401466.html

Though knowing how the UK works these days we won't want a European solution!

55 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is almost a variation on voiding the season, but with perhaps less chance of legal stuff following.  

Five teams being relegated is a lot in one season though  - imo they should think outside the box and have some sort of play-off with sides from the Champs. 

But that way the numbers won’t decrease with a play off. They should have two seasons of 4, or abolish the league cup and make it a 22 team league 

29 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

But that way the numbers won’t decrease with a play off. They should have two seasons of 4, or abolish the league cup and make it a 22 team league 

It depends how you do it; you just need to shed two more from PL than go up. 

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It depends how you do it; you just need to shed two more from PL than go up. 

The obvious answer is have two seasons of 4 going down, 5 is just silly. Or they could have a 22 team league, im sure the prem started that way 

Just void and be done with it. Trying to fiddle results and positions will swiftly promote legal challenges.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Just void and be done with it. Trying to fiddle results and positions will swiftly promote legal challenges.

That’s the obvious solution and as you say, once things start getting more complicated it’s fodder for the lawyers.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Whatever way they do it, relegation this season looks a nonner.👍

Yeah I believe so ,you can't relegate teams that aren't already down.😬

If this was all a week or two before the end of the season, then I could see how they determine the outcomes, but literally nothing is decided yet. Yes obviously Liverpool were going to win the league, but even that wasn't mathematically certain, and as for the relegation places, everyone still had a chance, so I don't see anything they can do other than void the season. You go into a season to play all teams twice, if you haven't had the chance to do that, then it makes a mockery of the sport to then try and work out who should go up and down based on guess work.

Obviously we would end up staying up but it would be pretty sad for it to void our best FA Cup run in years.

• Like 1

Voiding is the obvious answer as far as I can see,only solution that is equally fair on everyone. None of it is really important given the current situation. Is Irony the correct word to describe Bob Paisleys famous saying, given that it is not just life and death at stake here it is millions of lives, possibly millions of deaths that may ultimately be deemed more important than football. Sorry Liverpool, Leeds and all other 'Champions elect.'

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

If this was all a week or two before the end of the season, then I could see how they determine the outcomes, but literally nothing is decided yet. Yes obviously Liverpool were going to win the league, but even that wasn't mathematically certain, and as for the relegation places, everyone still had a chance, so I don't see anything they can do other than void the season. You go into a season to play all teams twice, if you haven't had the chance to do that, then it makes a mockery of the sport to then try and work out who should go up and down based on guess work.

Obviously we would end up staying up but it would be pretty sad for it to void our best FA Cup run in years.

It would be sad, but let's be honest most ncfc fans would take this all day.😄

My reaction to the Daily Mail is pretty consistent - they're full of bullsh*t.

Don't think this is any different, I can see the appeal to many but IMO nulling is the only realistic and fair solution - not that it will be  problem free but every outcome now comes with a shedload of issues, this is the least worst.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Voiding is the obvious answer as far as I can see,only solution that is equally fair on everyone. None of it is really important given the current situation. Is Irony the correct word to describe Bob Paisleys famous saying, given that it is not just life and death at stake here it is millions of lives, possibly millions of deaths that may ultimately be deemed more important than football. Sorry Liverpool, Leeds and all other 'Champions elect.'

Wasn’t it Bill Shankly?

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Wasn’t it Bill Shankly?

Yes it was

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.

Bill Shankly

11 hours ago, sonyc said:

Although that's the Mail offering a view, I wouldn't disagree with this quite common sense decision.

It wasn't the Mail's view it was the Mail recycling an original article in yesterday's Daily Telegraph

8 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Wasn’t it Bill Shankly?

Yes, stupid me,my mistake, bit of a Starropramen caused error. Note to self.....dont post after 3rd pint.!!