Sign in to follow this  
pete

An elegant solution to PL dilemma!

Shutdown until 4th April is completely unrealistic.  The virus is likely to reach its peak May/June apparently if PL cannot be completed by end of May the season will need to be completed as any further delay puts 20/21 in jeopardy.  My suggestion that hopefully might avoid legal challenges to the PL.  PL to be expanded to 22 as it was in 1994.  That will mean top two in Championship get promoted no relegation.  And EFL can promote top two in Div 1 and 2 so promotion can still be achieved.

Liverpool to win PL as any other result grossly unfair.  CL places for top four or five if Man C suspended. EL who cares.

I am most keen to see no relegation of course for obvious reasons.  This will be for one season only four to be relegated at seasons end and then back to normal.

Believe this solution meets all the issues of interested clubs.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Shutdown until 4th April is completely unrealistic.  The virus is likely to reach its peak May/June apparently if PL cannot be completed by end of May the season will need to be completed as any further delay puts 20/21 in jeopardy.  My suggestion that hopefully might avoid legal challenges to the PL.  PL to be expanded to 22 as it was in 1994.  That will mean top two in Championship get promoted no relegation.  And EFL can promote top two in Div 1 and 2 so promotion can still be achieved.

Liverpool to win PL as any other result grossly unfair.  CL places for top four or five if Man C suspended. EL who cares.

I am most keen to see no relegation of course for obvious reasons.  This will be for one season only four to be relegated at seasons end and then back to normal.

Believe this solution meets all the issues of interested clubs.

That’s actual a very good solution, the only issue will be third place playoff and the additional games for those in European football.

But a sensible solution.

A few points:

* 'EL who cares.' UEFA will probably care, and teams like Wolves and Sheffield United will probably care.

* Top four (or five) get Champions League places. If Sheffield United were to win their game in hand, they would be in fifth. Legal challenge incoming.

* Championship: Fulham could argue they've got an excellent chance of finishing in the top two. Anyone down to QPR in 13th could claim they have a realistic chance of reaching the playoffs, and thus competing for the PL via the play-offs.

* League One: six teams are within three points of second-placed Rotherham, including Wycombe who have a game in hand.

* League Two: lawsuit incoming from Plymouth/Exeter/Cheltenham, as the top three are supposed to be promoted automatically.

I did have concerns when I saw 'Pete' and 'elegant' together...

• Haha 2

Pick the best FIFA 20 players from each club they represent their club and play out the season games left against each other on the PS4! Sorted.

Edited by Indy

The rest of the PL season should be decided by playing th Bobby Charlton Football Game.

It requires skill & stamina just like a real football game.

image.png.c103c17128cf51930872f420a234dc04.png

6 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

A few points:

* 'EL who cares.' UEFA will probably care, and teams like Wolves and Sheffield United will probably care.

* Top four (or five) get Champions League places. If Sheffield United were to win their game in hand, they would be in fifth. Legal challenge incoming.

* Championship: Fulham could argue they've got an excellent chance of finishing in the top two. Anyone down to QPR in 13th could claim they have a realistic chance of reaching the playoffs, and thus competing for the PL via the play-offs.

* League One: six teams are within three points of second-placed Rotherham, including Wycombe who have a game in hand.

* League Two: lawsuit incoming from Plymouth/Exeter/Cheltenham, as the top three are supposed to be promoted automatically.

I did have concerns when I saw 'Pete' and 'elegant' together...

The championship wouldn’t be that big an issue, those teams in question for the playoffs,  will have a chance of getting spot 1 & 2 next season, as no teams will be relegated from the prem. league 2can send 3 teams up, as Bury will need replacing. 

• Like 1

Rattle off the remaining fixtures as penalty shoot outs.

No pressure Krul !