Sign in to follow this  
Dionysus

Meet the board

If you are going to Sheringham this evening PLEEEEAAASSSSE give ''em hell. Don''t be duped by the signing of Earnshaw.

For Worthington:

Safri apart, why is our midfield so weak? Why do we consistently hoof the ball forward? Why do we consistently play players out of their favourite positions even when we have fit players that like to play there? Why can no Norwich player take a decent corner or free kick? Why can no Norwich player cross the ball? Why do we lose the ball so easily when we have a throw in? Why did we sign Etuhu after such a poor loan spell, particularly the final game of the loan period which was the worst performance by a Norwich player I have seen in years? Why is there no right winger at the club? What reason do you give for the clear lack of creativity this season? Other than a 110% workrate, what else does Hughes bring to the team? We have conceded a lot of goals recently - why is this and what is being done about it?

For the board:

Are you worried that the lack of attractive football at Carrow Road will lead to a decline in attendances? Should talk of expanding the stadium be put aside until things are made right on the pitch? If we finish in the bottom half of the table this season, will there be changes?

I will be so frustrated tomorrow to read that the evening consisted of carefully selected questions and lacked any emotion.

Agreed, D - can''t wait for the feedback.  Have decided not to hold my breath, however, seeing how the last meeting was so neatly stitched up...

Perhaps Roy Blower of the Independent Supporters Association will speak out.  They''ve gone very quiet since calling for change last November....  [;)]

Just Back

First question was from a woman who basically said she wanted worthy out, no-one could quite believe it. In fairness worthy and the board came back very well. She said the management team should all go.

Worthington admitted that he is a keen admirer of sidwell and tried to sign him a couple of years ago.

There were alot of tactical isssues discussed, apparently it is rob greens decision as to whether there is someone on the post for free kicks, he doesnt like having someone. Someone asked about the crowding of players for a goal kick and rob greens distribution.

NW and a number of fans criticized fans for moaning at hendo and then someone completely slagged IH off. Adam drury came in for abuse by someone god knows why,

Apparently we have had 83 players miss games due to injuries etc this season compared to reading who have had 12. It does show that this plays a part.

There were complaints about ticket prices, allocation by a "1959er" who couldnt get a ticket for the scum away game.

To be honest there were alot of in my opinion stupid questions from people who were just trying to find any reason to slag off the management etc which is totally unnecesary when we shjould be getting behing everyone.

NW said he is continuously searching for a right mindfielder and also that he doesnt trust foreign imports because not many ever do much in the championship.

Callum Davenport would of cost us 3 million which we didnt have, soeone said we should have pasid this but when delia asked if we should have paid that price for him the man was outvoted 140-8. Someonme also made a point about why Shackall hasnt been playing. NW said that he missed all pre -season, when he 1st played he wasnt fit so he was left out, then he got injured and on return got injured in a reserve match. Someone said he shouldnt of played in the reserves by rightly so NW said that he was returning from injury and so needed the game. He said that a fully fit shackall and doherty were his 1st choice before all the injuries.

Any comments!

Getting behinf him my Richter! He has failed miserably and needs to go! Excuses Excuses Excuses! Said that he does''nt trust foreigners! Then why did he put all the money and faith in them in our Prem season!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Sounds like they won you over Matt.[/quote]

I wouldnt say that they won me over, but the board and NW talked alot of commen sense, they werent scared to get too the point, they didnt dive out of the way of akward questions. NW could have stayed at home because he knew it may be a difficult night but he turned up, braved it and in my view battled well.

"Worthington admitted that he is a keen admirer of sidwell and tried to sign him a couple of years ago."

He probably got mixed up when he signed Hughes. If he is such an admirer of Sidwell then why hasn''t he signed a midfielder of a similar ilk?

"NW and a number of fans criticized fans for moaning at hendo and then someone completely slagged IH off."

I don''t agree with booing Henderson but it''s only human nature for supporters to groan when a player does not perform and, let''s face it, Henderson consistently does not perform. Reminds me too much of Chris Llewellyn and I feel his career will follow the same path.

"NW said he is continuously searching for a right mindfielder and also that he doesnt trust foreign imports because not many ever do much in the championship."

He''s had five years to find a true right winger. Is this not long enough? 

"Callum Davenport would of cost us 3 million which we didnt have, soeone said we should have pasid this but when delia asked if we should have paid that price for him the man was outvoted 140-8"

Agreed, Davenport is worth nowhere near £3m and not, IMO, that much better than Shackell.

What about my other questions for Worthy? Were any of these covered? Be interested to know why our set pieces are all crap and why, Safri apart, nobody in the squad appears to be able to cross or pass the ball.

Sorry Matt thats not what I said at all, I had written my question out to read, so here is the full version with no words changed. You might not have liked my question but judging by the clapping and the people who congratulated me afterwards, some people did. At least I had the guts to say what a lot of people are thinking! I took notes of all the questions which I will write up tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Delia,

Over the past year you and I have both seen

Good players leave this club

Average players coming in

Unacceptable performances

Players playing out of position

Fans losing their faith

We''ve also heard Nigel telling us fans that he doesnt care what we think and we''ve had Steve Foley telling us after the Manager of the Month of the award, thats one in the eye for the fans.

More importantly in the past 9 months our team has gone from fighting passionatley for premiership survival to a medeocre championship team with no spirit.

so

If you love this club as much as we do and you truly believe that we are the best fans in the world and deserve better than what we''re getting, are you prepared to make changes to the Management and Coaching team, perhaps bring in  some fresh faces with new ideas which would lift us all and bring the good times back to our club.

Our future is in your hands!

"I will be so frustrated tomorrow to read that the evening consisted of carefully selected questions and lacked any emotion."

Satisfied Dionysus? If not, don''t just moan about it, or ask someone else to do something, get out and do something yourself.

[quote user="Ian Farrow"]

Getting behinf him my Richter! He has failed miserably and needs to go! Excuses Excuses Excuses! Said that he does''nt trust foreigners! Then why did he put all the money and faith in them in our Prem season!

[/quote]

Heres a clue for you, READ whats posted before commenting, he said ''doesnt trust foreign imports because not many ever do much in the championship.''.

Wasnt this the season of no excuses?  And with a squad that was near enough perfect pre season (from Worthy) but has now had 3 additions, 2 departures and something like 7 loans?

Hmmm

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]Well said City Angel. Pity there were not more like you there prepared to ask similiar questions.[/quote]

I applaud City Angel for going and putting her question, at least she was prepared to so, I see most of the most ardent WO posters on here who live in Norfolk haven''t given us thier view of the meeting or perhaps they didn''t go.

Just a little point, Steve Foley said ''on the chin''.

And I''m curious to know what City Angel thought of the reply she got from NW Delia et al?

Well done cityangel - you expressed your concerns forcefully and concisely, and bravely. I''m sure that''s the way to make a point, rather than some rambling unfocused rant.

NW said he is continuously searching for a right mindfielder and also that he doesnt trust foreign imports because not many ever do much in the championship.

Why then did he buy Colin and Louis John then? If they read quotes from Worthy like this one it must send their confidence and belief in their manager sky high. It''s certainly another reason to destroy Worthingtons credibility as a manager.

Brief outline of the ‘Meet The Board’ Forum

I asked the first question which was quite long so I posted it in full earlier on in this thread. This was the response as I remember it!

Delia & Munby explained that it takes time to build a top championship side and we need to be patient. We need stability at the top not changes. Everyone is doing their best to improve things. Everyone loves the club as much as us. Barry Skipper ( came over as a right pillock, imo) said it was nonsense to suggest Management & Coaching changes, when it was these people who had done so well for us. Delia  talked about all the injuries, comings and goings which haven’t helped and the lack of funds. Nigel couldn’t remember saying he didn’t care what the fans thought so several people reminding him when he had said it, he then said it had been taken out of context.

Other questions asked were as follows

Question from, someone wasn’t impressed with the Earnie signing

Nigel went through his goal stats, is confident that he’ll do the business and wishes he could find some more at that price like him

That digressed to our poor performances and Nigel said that we had lost some players when we were relegated and have got several new ones so it will take time to consolidate and get to where we need to be

Delia talked about how little he had to spend the past season and Michael chipped in with the great team spirit that he sees when he goes to colney

Question re Ashton/Green

Nigel talked about how disruptive it is for the squad when they don’t know what’s happening with players coming and going.

Delia taked about players who had let us down when they decided they wanted to move on (Francis) and Nigel told us why he let him go, as he was a disruptive influence.

Doomcaster explained how transfers worked and the lengthy procedure in getting Earnshaw

Munby talked about how our sole objective is to get out of Championship

Question re goal kicks

Nigel explained the thinking behind everyone crowding onto 1 side of the pitch and how Greeno makes the decision whether its to be a long or short kick out. Also talked about lack of having someone on the post in situations and again that was Greenos decision

Question re Academy Players

Here was concern that they aren’t getting their chance and Ipswich and their young team was mentioned. Nigel explained that had to be bled in very carefully as it’s a lot of pressure for them and a lot of them dont make it..

Cullen went on to explain re the Academy set up and the money they are trying to raise.

Question re Shackell

He played so well at end of Premiership why is he out of favour. Was explained that he had mumps, injuries but is highly thought of and is back in training now so should feature again soon

Question re Midfield or lack of it

Nigel was reminded that he said ''judge me on my team and not the one I inherited''. Person said well it’s your team now and they’re not good enough.

Etuhu was mentioned and Nigel said, he’s a great athlete, very strong and big and given time will be a good player, just need to give him time as he’s improving game by game. Safri is also back and will be fit and rearing to go for Sunday.

Nigel said we’ve had success before and we’ll have it again, we just need to be patient.

Question re McVeigh, are we going to offer him a contract

Person made the point how well he’s played and Nigel said that he’s got a years option on his contract that will be activated. When pressed on how well he’s played Nigel said ‘So he could be playing well because he wants a contract or is putting himself in picture. Lots of moaning people then who weren’t happy with what he was inferring.

We definitely got the impression he’s not Nigel’s favourite person.

Question re players left and people playing out of position

They went thru each one and explained why they wanted to go or didn’t want to play in championship etc.

Players playing in certain positions are Nigel’s decision and we can all have our own opinions.

Question re why didn’t we buy Davenport

Munby said they wanted £3m for him and we didn’t have the money until after Ashton was sold, have also got Shackell coming back and needed a striker more.

Question re right back

Louis Jean is most experienced but has been injured for ages; Colin is still learning and making mistakes but will come good

Barry Skipper chirped in a few times with really stupid comments, first time I have met him and wasn’t impressed and nor were the people around me.

Question re Henderson

Nigel said he’s a youth coming through, a local lad but he gets abused every time he plays. If it carries on, then we could lose the lad. Nigel was very upset with the way the fans treat him! Someone shouted out that hes not good enough which is why the crowd get frustrated with him.

Then talked about the academy and kids again for a while

Question re ticket prices and allocation

Talked about Palace and their prices and how tickets were allocated for away games like Ipswich

Delia talked about Premiership Clubs having a bigger voice, money we get off Sky £350k for Premiership clubs and £60k for Championship Clubs at home, £10k for away clubs. This merged into questions re our scouting policy.

Question re great Dec and crap Jan

Has the psychologist gone on holiday, this was met with laughs.

Question re Safri

He’s back, fit and rearing to go for the big game on Sunday.

Munby and Delia closed the meeting and reassured everyone that they are ambitious in a cautious way, are passionate about the club and are as frustrated about the results as we are. Everyone is doing everything to make things better and they appreciated our honest views and questions. I got the impression that they think that everthing is under control the fans should have a lot more patience.

I took all this from the notes I made so it should be fairly accurate, but if anyone else was there and thinks I missed anything important please feel free to correct me.

Hope that’s of interest to those who couldn’t make it last night and can I end by saying, it amazes me that when you go to these meetings that people who have strong views just sit there and dont speak out. They seem so memorised by meeting the board and the situation.they are completely won over 5 minutes after it starts.

Well Done to the board who stage these events and dont have to, not many clubs do this.

Shame on you for your rantings Barry Skipper, you would have been better to listen and keep quiet!!!!! 

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Olofinjana, Lewis, Bangoura, Rasiak and idiakez just off the top of my head - all good foreign players.

Admiring Steve Sidwelll doesnt explain Andy Hughes

[/quote]

Now if you''d gone Paul NW would''ve been able to benefit from you razor sharp football knowledge, another wasted opportunity, if we don''t go on to make the play-offs it''ll be your fault.

Thank you City Angel - I live in Sheringham and had tickets but, due to illness, was unable to attend.

I think part of the problem with ''people being mesmerised by the board'' is that their questions or points are not always clearly thought through and/or are sometimes more moans than constructive points. Yours was well thought through but perhaps sought too many answers - this gives the responder the opportunity to select bits that they can answer reasonably but perhaps fudge over (or ignore) others.

For example the question from someone who was ''not impressed'' with the Earnshaw signing - ok you have not given this verbatim but all NW had to do was to point out Earnie''s golascoring record to prove what a good buy he is. If the question had been more specific, for example pointing out that yes Earnie can score goals but he also needs the service to be able to do this. This has been noticeably absent for much of our season and Earnie will not contribute much else to the team (lack of height will not greatly help when defending corners). NW would have had to address this which would also link to right winger, lack of creative midfield players etc.

Still sounds as though I missed an interesting evening.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Olofinjana, Lewis, Bangoura, Rasiak and idiakez just off the top of my head - all good foreign players.

Admiring Steve Sidwelll doesnt explain Andy Hughes

[/quote]

Now if you''d gone Paul NW would''ve been able to benefit from you razor sharp football knowledge, another wasted opportunity, if we don''t go on to make the play-offs it''ll be your fault.

[/quote]

It will only be one mans fault if we don''t make the play-offs.  I regret not being able to make it last night, but unfortunatly had other plans.  I am happy to see that some good questions were asked and the responses on here have further reinforced my feeling that we need a change at management level.

Squit,

The answer I got was the one I expected, lots of new players who need to settle in, lots of injuries, success will come again , we are passionate about the club too, but we need to be more patient etc etc.

What struck me about the whole evening is that Delia and Co are 150% behind Worthy and even if we finished near the bottom of the table they wouldnt make any changes. They also obviously think the fans should have a lot more patience and in my opinion have no understanding of how the fans are feeling at the moment and how frustrated we are at the poor performances..

I left the meeting feeling quite frustrated, one at the lack of challenging questions and two because the Board honestly dont seem to think theres a major problem and that time will solve everything.

I am now even more certain in my own mind that Worthy has lost the plot and taken us as far as he can and has little respect for the fan''s views . Also his comments re Paul McVeigh were well out of order, and just reinforced to me personally that hes no longer the man for the job.

A shame because as I said to them, 9 months ago we were a spirited, passionate team fighting to stay in the Premier and now we''re just a mediocre Championship team.

I believe the fans deserve better!

Thankis City Angel. Couldn''t make it myself. Sounds like many of the answers lacked substance and boiled down to ''we think we know best so stick with us''.

Paul Rankin chimed

It will only be one mans fault if we don''t make the play-offs.  I regret not being able to make it last night, but unfortunatly had other plans.  I am happy to see that some good questions were asked and the responses on here have further reinforced my feeling that we need a change at management level.

As I suspected...it''s really Paul ''Go on I''m right behind you'' Rankin.

What a star you are cityangel. Well done. I will look forward to any more input on this subject you care to share. Where have you been by the way? Have you become as depressed with this message board quality equal to the concerns you ( we ) have with respect to the football club? 

Thanks for that, city angel. That''s quite an impressive and thorough account of the night''s proceedings. Are you a journalist or a secretary by any chance? How did you record all that information? You either have an encyclopaedic memory, or you taped it, or you know shorthand. I''d be interested if you could tell me how you achieved this task.

A big "Thank You" City Angel, for taking time to share your experience at Sheringham. Very informative and detailed and, I agree with your sentiments regarding Mr Skipper......Nuff Said!

I personally, still have little faith in the manager, and I don''t entirely agree with the board concerning their replies to questions posed. Yes, maybe the questions asked/submitted lacked substance - but so did the replies. Let''s get the derby game out of the way, then see what happens up to the end of the season........and maybe the board may see things differently......Somehow, I don''t think they will.....Whatever! OTBC ;~)