Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Great City Goals Thread

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Gossy, Foxy, and Rob talked about that goal last night. Darren Eadie said Gossy had his own goal of the season competition that year🙃

I have looked but can't find any film of the goal John Sissons scored for us back in 1974 against Stoke City when we beat them 4-0.

It was a tap in but a free kick that involved about three or four passes. It wa down at the River End.

Lots of these are just hopeful punts... Rosario’s - 80 yard hoof, hit of head tennis and a 35 yard punt. Not very Farke-ball at all. Safri’s is always the first that comes to my mind when discussing screamers - but most screamers have a degree of luck about them. Tettey’s is harder though on the volley.

Llewellyn’s at 13 minutes in Nutty’s video though is a top quality team goal all round.

Few games can match the quality of goals on display here surely... Hoolahan or Howson is a big dilemma here - I'll take Howson's I think, but only just.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

This sort of thing Aggy?

Buendia’s flick is sublime in this, so that gives it a few points. The lump up field and Pukki tripping over the ball definitely aren’t very Farke-ball though! 

22 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Buendia’s flick is sublime in this, so that gives it a few points. The lump up field and Pukki tripping over the ball definitely aren’t very Farke-ball though! 

🙂 - And to think that some say Farke hasn't got a Plan B................. 

I'd go with Wacky's choice, Dean Ashton's amazing improvisation in front of the Barclay in the infamous "Let's be 'Avin You' game vs Man City.  It was so good I went downstairs at half time to watch it again and so thankfully missed Delia's rant.  It gets better every time you see it.