Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

What on earth are we going to talk about?

I very much doubt anyone wants to hear about my walks with the dogs. 

Football has finished so that only leaves tv in my life. We can't go to the cinema or the pub. At least I can't because it might kill me. 

Suggestions welcome. But these are strange times so I suggest that we all try to get on. Normal hostilities to be resumed in due course. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chumino said:

How's the dog walking? 

Caistor St Edmund 5 mile loop today. Wonderful views of a fine City. I saw one person on a horse. Absolute bliss

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

At least you're allowed out of the house without requiring official documentation explaining why.

That was 8 years ago. I've moved on😂

• Haha 2

On a more serious not I had a doctor's appointment yesterday - (ahem) men's troubles

rather embarrasing as it turned out the locum was a woman doctor

even more embarassing when she said

'I'm going to have to ask you to stop masturbating, Bill'

more embarassed I asked her why

she said it was making her desk shake

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I may have to give you another chapter of my early days at Carrow Road.😉

About time too. Get on with it. I'm bored already 😊

13 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I may have to give you another chapter of my early days at Carrow Road.😉

Reserve games in the late 60's early 70's and the dreaded announcement over the tannoy that there was news from wherever the first team were playing

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Caistor St Edmund 5 mile loop today. Wonderful views of a fine City. I saw one person on a horse. Absolute bliss

Where’s this walk?

3 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Where’s this walk?

Nice views up around High Ash Farm and around the old Roman Town.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Thank you. I like a good walk with my camera 😀👍🏻

I think the Wildebeast pub is nearby 😉

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Thank you. I like a good walk with my camera 😀👍🏻

Most of this walk is on permissive paths on High Ash Farm. It's owned by a guy who does a lot for nature preservation. Well worth a visit with a camera 

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Most of this walk is on permissive paths on High Ash Farm. It's owned by a guy who does a lot for nature preservation. Well worth a visit with a camera 

Yeah he's a regular feature on Radio Snorefolk usually accompanied by a Mathew Gudgin or Paul Hayes local Radio presenters around his land  ....Very interesting and informative Norfolk born Farmer chap called Chris Skinner who certainly knows his nature and what's occurring during our 4 seasons and what local nature brings in his working environment.....Not my usual kind o' thing.....But I do enjoy nature and the sights and sounds of the marvellous Norfolk Countryside......Oh dear, I seem to have gone all Mello..... ☺️

• Like 1

Just what do 'normal' folk do of a weekend??

I'm at a loss....been going to carrow rd ,every other week for 9 months a year for the last 40 yrs since before I started school.....and away games regularly for last last 30

Just dont know what else I would have done with life on a weekend...I'd probably be considerably richer.

I usually pity non-footballing folk....but I envy them now...I'm totally unprepared for this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Yeah he's a regular feature on Radio Snorefolk usually accompanied by a Mathew Gudgin or Paul Hayes local Radio presenters around his land  ....Very interesting and informative Norfolk born Farmer chap called Chris Skinner who certainly knows his nature and what's occurring during our 4 seasons and what local nature brings in his working environment.....Not my usual kind o' thing.....But I do enjoy nature and the sights and sounds of the marvellous Norfolk Countryside......Oh dear, I seem to have gone all Mello..... ☺️

My older brother could do some great farmyard impressions

one I remeber was

"oi, get on that tractor and get to work, you lazy c *** !"

Just what do 'normal' folk do of a weekend??

Well at least next weekend you will be spending your time queuing outside Tesco as they let you in one at a time to do your shopping.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thank you.

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Caistor St Edmund 5 mile loop today. Wonderful views of a fine City.I  saw one person on a horse. Absolute bliss

Herr Farke??

Edited by mccanary
Bloody productive toast
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We used to wander round there a lot when we lived in Trowse, now its just occassionally. Have seen deer, foxes and plenty of owls if you go in the evening. Relaxing stroll with not many people about, ideal for these worrying times.

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

1018196611_Screenshot_20200313-180404_OSMaps.thumb.jpg.597e5bdcfdda18ef0dfeef7175caadee.jpg

I have a memory from the 70s of going to play darts in a pub around those parts and the donkey used to come in on last orders for a bottle of stout and a packet of crisps! Can't remember the name of the pub (or the donkey). I'm pretty sure it was near Stoke Holy Cross.

Edited by nutty nigel

On 13/03/2020 at 23:47, nutty nigel said:

I have a memory from the 70s of going to play darts in a pub around those parts and the donkey used to come in on last orders for a bottle of stout and a packet of crisps! Can't remember the name of the pub (or the donkey). I'm pretty sure it was near Stoke Holy Cross.

That would have been the Red Lion in Stoke Holy Cross, the landlord had a donkey which he used to let drink beer from a bucket in the bar.......

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

That would have been the Red Lion in Stoke Holy Cross, the landlord had a donkey which he used to let drink beer from a bucket in the bar.......

Thanks SOB! I was going to say the Red Lion but wasn't sure. I played darts for the Galley Hills back then and said donkey stood on one of our players feet. He didn't half hop around...

Drunk-Donkey-300x219.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

I used to play darts with the wife, sadly her head went blunt...

I bet with bad jokes like that she took flight! 

• Haha 1