Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

Team for Sunday

I have been writing some names on a bit of paper and have come up with the following side for Sunday, and all of a sudden i feel far more confident.

Green

Colin Rehman Docherty Drury / Shackell

Johansson Safri Etuhu Huckerby

Thorne Earnshaw

Subs

Gallacher, Shackell / Fleming, Robinson, McVeigh, Ryan Jarvis

A team with strength in all areas and plenty of options from the bench, oh yeh and NO Hughes and NO Jarrett, Saf would be captain.

Thoughts?

That''s a good pick, I''d go along with that. Although I might at least

put Hughes on the bench as can cover both full-back postions, Drury

might be an injury worry and Colin has been exposed at times this

season to say the least.

the only problem is that there are 4 strikers in that line up. I think we should go 433 with Robinson back in.

Green

Rehman     Doherty      Shackell    Drury

Robinson   Safri   Etuhu

McVeigh   Earnshawh   Hux/JJ

Assuming all are fit:

GALLAGHER

HUGHES     DOHERTY           FLEMING        DRURY

SAFRI

JOHANNSON             ETUHU               HUCKERBY

EARNSHAW    THORNE

Subs: GREEN, McVEIGH, ROBINSON, SHACKELL, HENDERSON.

Green

Fleming                              Rehman                       Docherty                     Drury

Safri  

Etuhu                        Robinson              

Johansson                                Earnshaw                                   Huckerby     

Subs:  Gallacher, Shackell, McVeigh, Thorne, Jarrett,                     

Nope, no WLY - he seems far more valuable, and plays better, when coming off the bench.

Sorry but i couldn''t even bring myself to give Hughes a game in the reserves (i hope he proves me wrong, but can''t see it!)

4 strikers, but thats how we won the Championship 2 years ago and how we can turn over the binners Sunday. JJ has played wide more often than not at Charlton and Hucks needs an option on the opposite of the pitch to open spaces for him. We have no balance at the moment so teams can doule and treble up on Hucks as we have no other outlet. JJ can be that outlet.

Shacks at left back if Drury doesn''t make it is a risk, but far less of a risk than Jarrett, Fleming or Charlie (i know he''s suspended)

There by in true Worthless form ''i stand by my decision and i don''t care what the fans think!!!''

Green (reluctantly)Fleming           Doherty         Rehman             Drury (if fit, god help us if he isn''t)McVeigh        Safri            Robinson         Huckerby                            Earnshaw       Johanssen

Remember Flem bombing down the wing at Coventry? And if Hucks wants to wander around, the other three mids could switch to                 Robinson             Safri               McVeighwhich gives the left-back some cover for once!bench: Gallacher, Charlton, Etuhu, Henderson, Jarrett

Wouldnt want to really copy any of his formations, but as Ips--t dont play with out and out wingers ala Reading, I think this could work in this game.

Smudge wrote

Wouldnt want to really copy any of his formations, but as Ips--t dont play with out and out wingers ala Reading, I think this could work in this game.

Oh dear! Hear, over, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green

Fleming           Doherty         Rehman             Drury

McVeigh        Safri            Robinson         Huckerby

Earnshaw       Thorne

Ward

Hughes     Doherty    Shackell   Drury

Johansson   Safri   Etuhu   Huckerby

McVeigh   Earnshaw

Thought i''d get in on the act (lol).GreenFleming, Rehman, Doherty, DruryMcVeigh, Safri, Etuhu, HuckerbyJohansson, EarnshawObviously some can be switched around. But that''s the group of players who i''d like to see play.Going by what Worthy has said on the official site both McVeigh and Drury should be fit to play.

Why are many people playing Thorne instead of McVeigh? Surely on current form WLY should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

For me it is:

Green

Rehman              Doherty                  Fleming                 Drury

McVeigh             Safri                       Etuhu                    Huckerby

Johansson              Earnshaw

Subs: Ward, Shackell, Robinson, Hughes, Thorne

Gallagher

Colin Doherty Shacks Drury

Safri

Rehman             

McVeigh        Hucks

Thorne         Earnie

Subs Green, Flemmo, Johansson, Spillane, Jarrett

4-1-1-2-2 McVeigh and Hucks have free roles to terrorise the leaky binnie defence! rehmann an safs to hold.... no problems! 3-0 city

jas :)

GreenFleming           Doherty         Rehman             Druryjohansson        Safri            Robinson         Huckerby                   Earnshaw       Thorne

Green

Colin  Doherty   Rehman  Drury

McVeigh  Safri  Etuhu    Hucks

Johansson Earnshaw

subs-fleming, gallagher, hughes, robinson, thorne

I feel we should put JJ up top with earnie because i like a big man little man partnership but then we would miss mcveigh through balls to earnshaw. Tough call McVeigh/Johansson who plays right and who plays up top?

Green

Rehman    Fleming    Doherty    Drury

Johansson  Robinson  Safri  Huckerby

McVeigh      Earnshaw   

I''d go with:

Green

Fleming  Rehman Doherty Drury

McVeigh Safri Robinson Huckerby

Earnshaw       JJ

As an earlier poster rightly said, Fleming played well last time he was at right back (Coventry) Got forwards well and worked his nuts off, didn''t he fly infront of the keeper a la karate kick when closing him down? He works harder than Colin considering he''s about 10 years older! I think his hunger to win would also obliterate Colin''s.

Rehman and Doc is a bit of a risk considering they''ve never played together, but they''re both ex-premiership players and should be able to deal with it. If he doesn''t play McVeigh, he''s quite obviously mad, but I don''t think two little players up front would work for us, however, McVeighs intricate and clever style of play might suit the pace and runs of Earnie, so pushing him up maybe an option later on in the game and sacrificing Huckerby for Etuhu or Hughes if he''s wandering about scratching his backside, to go with three in the middle.

My bench would be Gallacher, Shackell, Hughes (reluctantly), Etuhu (even more reluctantly), Thorne.

There''s not much attacking option there, but to be honest, there are 4 strikers in the starting line-up so i don''t think they''re needed!  

I would go with

Green

COlin Doc Rehman Drury

WLY  Sari Robb HUx

Johansson Earnie

but that would leave us stretched down the flanks

Gazza/Meeky - any news on selection from your sources?

Today''s EDP came up with this formation: Green, Fleming (RB), Rehman (CB), Doc (CB), Drury (LB), Johansson (RM), Etuhu (CM), Safri (CM), Hucks (LM) and Thorne and Earnie together in attack. Sounds ok to me.

Zipper has been our best player for over a month and is likely to get dropped - I expect it but it will still make me cross.

Worthy will play:

Green

colin         doc         fleming      drury???

hughes      safri     ethuhu    JJ

thorne    earnie

cant see hux starting, as he will want to play JJ

I would however play:

Green

hughes       doc     rehman      drury if fit

mcveigh           safri     robinson

Earnie                     hucks

thorne

My Team to beat the age old enemy 2morrow would be:

Green

Colin  Doherty  Rehman  Drury(c)

McVeigh  Etuhu  Safri  Huckerby

Thorne  Earnshaw

Bench: Gallacher, Fleming, Jarrett, Johansson, Hughes

My main concern is down the right-hand flank. Can McVeigh play in that positon? Is he being wasted when playing in that position? I also feel that Jurgen Colin may be rather exposed at RB! To me it seems that he has a great game one week, then looks anything but average the next week! I would play Throne and Earnsahw up front together purely because of their history from their Cardiff days!

COME ON CITY! LETS BE HAVIN YOU!!!! 

Can''t anyone see that Hughes is the best right back at the Club and has so far been played out of position? With Etuhu, Robinson and Safri available he is free so should replace Colin. Against Watford Hughes put in some very good crosses from the right and got up and down. He must play there.

If McVeigh doesn''t start tomorrow, many of us are going to be very angry. Going by what the official site says he should pass his fitness test. But if come 10:30AM, and the teams are announced and he''s on that bench I will be extremely angry.I would have thought that if, Hucks, McVeigh, Earnie and Johansson all play, Earnie will be the main upfront player with the others aiming to get things into him, and playing around him. With them taking it in turns to go back for corners and stuff.Man, I am excited. Can''t wait! Should be great, such an atmosphere. Oh and anybody who''s in N&P please sing, I get annoyed of being the only one up there singing.