Grumpy

Is it really possible

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

An effective vaccine would also help promote the certainty bit.

This is still somewhere over the rainbow and likely to remain so for another year.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

This is still somewhere over the rainbow and likely to remain so for another year.

According to the link I saw they're due to start testing next month.

12 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I believe it's a two-thirds majority required for Rule changes, so 14 clubs would do it. Conspiracy theorists, step forward now!

Only Liverpool and Leicester would have any real axe to grind. A vote for nul and void looks favourite IMO.

2 hours ago, Ramrod said:

In the event this season is cancelled it could boil down to this:

Liverpool cannot prove they are champions any more than other sides can prove their finishing places, so the Premier League and Championship cannot be held to ransom by their members. 

Norwich City cannot prove they would not be in the bottom three after the last match and if that is an opinion agreed by other Clubs about us then the rule would have to apply to all. 

No Club is able to demand its final place. The area where this is likely to be most difficult is next season's Champions League. 

But relegation is different. To relegate Clubs the Premier League and Championship would be required to prove certain Clubs are relegated. The onus shifts. 

As much as Norwich City cannot prove survival the Premier League cannot prove relegation. We would be expelled without proof and that carries the greater predjudicial weight. 

In addition, they would have to relegate three Clubs as contracted and not just one whether they are adrift at the bottom or not. 

Minor point, I believe there is no contractural obligation for relegation and promotion between PL and EFL, separate organisations, separate competitions. Similarly there is no contract between the EFL and national League. The only contractural promotion relegation is within a single organisation, I.e. within the EFL between champs and L1 for example...

Just now, cornish sam said:

Minor point, I believe there is no contractural obligation for relegation and promotion between PL and EFL, separate organisations, separate competitions. Similarly there is no contract between the EFL and national League. The only contractural promotion relegation is within a single organisation, I.e. within the EFL between champs and L1 for example...

I think that is correct and will ultimately mean that there will be no promotion form the championship 

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

According to the link I saw they're due to start testing next month.

They are testing it on animals. It's 12 to 18 months away. Meanwhile the UK death toll has increased by 10. That's a massive increase.

It was a two part post.

It would appear that a null and void decision has strong support.

But what about the lessons learnt? 

10 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

They are testing it on animals. It's 12 to 18 months away. Meanwhile the UK death toll has increased by 10. That's a massive increase.

There is actually a team in Bulgaria who had been working on a generic coronavirus vaccine that reckon they will be starting human trials on a covid19 specific one by the end of summer...