Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Its a curious fact !

Despite  all the bad results  this season , it hasn`t resulted in falling season ticket sales !   if nothing else  , this news   will  be food for thought   among the  Worthy outers , who try to convince  all on this forum  that  their  campaign  is shared by the majority of fans !  obviously they appear to be the minority , spending hundreds of pounds  is voting with your wallet !! [:''(]

Or maybe the fans who have renewed there season tickets are anticipating Worthless to go & bought them early to save dissapointment.

I will be renewing mine because i can, i want to,  & im hoping the football that will be played at Carrow Road next season will be far better than this seasons under the hope of new management!

Or could it be that those who have renewed already would have done so in any season and it is those yet to renew who are the ones the Club has to be concerned about.

The story has allowed the Club to create a sense of pressure judging by one ot two posts and it is surely a fact that demand breeds demand i.e., the favourite Christmas toy each year is always held in slightly short supply.

What I would like to know is whether the applications form went out any earlier this year so by this time the number sold would be higher but not higher over the same number of days as last year?

Where is the fact  - curious or otherwise in the post sheded!?

I want worthy out but have renewed as I will follow the club whoever is in charge and whatever the quality of football - thats the sad thing about being a football addict[:''(] 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I want worthy out but have renewed as I will follow the club whoever is in charge and whatever the quality of football - thats the sad thing about being a football addict[:''(] 

[/quote]

The fact [ I think ! ]  is that a poor season  doesnt automatically mean the season ticket sales will fall !  something quite a few  posters have been suggesting ......    

You have probably answered  the " Curious " bit   !    fans moan and bitch   about their  crappy team   ,   then shell out  their dosh  for more punishment !   there`s more masochists  out there  than I thought .....[B]

I renew in hopeful anticipation of our new manager next season.

Seriously, though, Worthington''s tactics are crap and have always been crap. Unfortunately, most of his signings are crap too and, Safri apart, our so-called star players are underperforming. The sooner he goes the better. But what else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon?

I believe the club have only sold 3,000 season tickets so far. I know the local press are saying that this figure outstrips the number of tickets sold at the same stage last year, but who is to say for certain that the club will sell another 17,000 to bring the total up to this year''s fantastic figure? They probably will sell them all, I hope so anyway, but I just thought it was a bit early to start trumpeting good ticket sales. It''s probably a good sales pitch though: "get in early before they''re all gone!"

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

The fact [ I think ! ]  is that a poor season  doesnt automatically mean the season ticket sales will fall !  something quite a few  posters have been suggesting ......    

You have probably answered  the " Curious " bit   !    fans moan and bitch   about their  crappy team   ,   then shell out  their dosh  for more punishment !   there`s more masochists  out there  than I thought .....[B]

[/quote]its fair to say the signign of a big name this week will get many wavering fans to renew. hoping for better next year.  if the squad doesn''t gain promotion and we lose our best players, like ipswich - then probably renewals would reflect this and fall.

Sheded - I''m 100% ''Worthy Out'', but I''m still renewing my season ticket. That''s because (a) I am a Norwich City fan, who will stick with them whatever, despite the rubbish that''s being dished up on and off the pitch and (b) like another poster above, I''m addicted to watching the team play at Carrow Road every fortnight.

Yes, i am an idiot for doing so. However, it is tempered by the fact that, one day, we''ll see the back of Worthington and his coaching staff. It won''t be a day too soon.   

despite the bad reslults i look forward to every city home (and some away) game. i love it and couldnt do without it

Get real, The great NCFC pr machine spins into action again, wooohh a whopping 3,000 season tickets sales so far.can you or they say they will reach last seasons totals.Just because I want a change in manager doesn''t mean i want to stop watching this club, I will probably renew at some stage along with the majority of worthy outers.

Rudolph Hucker wrote:  "Not only do Norwich supporters sheepishly tolerate mediocrity too many of them also fail to see any middle ground between active protest and compliance."

There you go again Rudolph....making "superior" comments and ending up with a view that is pointless unless you explain yourself. Try a paragraph instead of a sentence. It may help.

• Do you mean "all" Norwich supporters sheepishly tolerate mediocrity, and should everybody be tarred with this same brush? If you don''t mean "all" then improve your grammar. If you do mean "all" are sheepish, then surely you are not surprised that "too many" of them fail to see any middle ground between active protest and compliance. Do you see the point of "pointless?"
  • Do you mean they are currently sheepishly tolerating mediocrity as compared to what they have done over the decades, because surely the facts don''t support you on this over the long term? 
  • Given that Norwich City attendances have clearly gone up and down over a long period of time, by you referencing "Norwich supporters", are you suggesting Norwich supporters are different from supporters at most other clubs when performance on the field changes?

Incidentally, you will see that I have put this in bullet form for you because,as you state, unlike others, you have difficulty comprehending. Thank you for advising that this is because of your limited education. I will try to help in this regard in the future. It may help if you go for a "swim" before you come on the message board.  

To me it more looks like a hook out fishing for a response and you YC have given him the bite he wanted... 

Thank you for developing the debate Septic, and for taking the trouble to try and do so in a clear format.

I am pleased my posts make you think about the issues; now, how about allowing yourself to draw your own conclusions?

As for swimming, what a helpful metaphor for someone like yourself who has been treading water on this message board for too long now!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Rudolph Hucker wrote:  "Not only do Norwich supporters sheepishly tolerate mediocrity too many of them also fail to see any middle ground between active protest and compliance."

There you go again Rudolph....making "superior" comments and ending up with a view that is pointless unless you explain yourself. Try a paragraph instead of a sentence. It may help.

• Do you mean "all" Norwich supporters sheepishly tolerate mediocrity, and should everybody be tarred with this same brush? If you don''t mean "all" then improve your grammar. If you do mean "all" are sheepish, then surely you are not surprised that "too many" of them fail to see any middle ground between active protest and compliance. Do you see the point of "pointless?"

• Do you mean they are currently sheepishly tolerating mediocrity as compared to what they have done over the decades, because surely the facts don''t support you on this over the long term? 

• Given that Norwich City attendances have clearly gone up and down over a long period of time, by you referencing "Norwich supporters", are you suggesting Norwich supporters are different from supporters at most other clubs when performance on the field changes?

Incidentally, you will see that I have put this in bullet form for you because,as you state, unlike others, you have difficulty comprehending. Thank you for advising that this is because of your limited education. I will try to help in this regard in the future. It may help if you go for a "swim" before you come on the message board.  

[/quote]

I think this is the rudest post I''ve ever read, you should be ashamed. Just because you''ve had the benefit of a superior education there is no need to be this vitriolic. If you can''t allow those less fotunate to join in then you should stick to having in-depth intellectual discussions with your peers, I''m sure you''ll feel much happier in that company.

I''m not that easily fooled Zipper. Rudolph has been trolling for some time without reaction from me, but that''s not the reason I react in this case. The true colours for this relative newcomer are to be pompous and superior. As I have long stated on this message board, one of the roles I choose to play is to confront that attitude when I see it. Although my edge is cutting, I always apply it to the point that''s being made. Whether or not the point is responded to is irrelevant to me. I will always do what I have always done.