Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Clearer graph below of hospitalisation data to Mar 4

Edited by Van wink

On 07/03/2022 at 18:45, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

They’ll keep coming out with all this scaremongering rubbish just to keep the fear factor up. It’s like the public are finally seeing through all this now it’s an endemic.

As for those graphs below this stupid meme, it was always going to happen with hospital admissions once the restrictions or final one of the so-called “curbs” were lifted. As long as it’s manageable for the NHS, then it’s not worth worrying about.

However, since this thread won’t f-off, please for the sake of mental health, stop posting graphs or articles like this. It’s bad enough with Ukraine to worry about while all those graphs alongside the penis and balls thing is being posted. I know it’s trivial now due to the war, but how awful our team are playing isn’t providing an escapism from it all, so please stop this.

Before Covid was launched from that bioweapon experiment gone wrong, Mental Health awareness was everywhere, especially with MAHA England badges being worn by my work colleagues. Now it’s hardly spoken about, just “The Spread” and how we are doomed for the past two years as if it’s some low-budget horror film.

There should be a function on this site so certain threads don’t appear on your account when viewing the forum.

This is no longer time to post scaremongering stories accompanied with a stupid picture of someone with a related facial expression to fit the narrative, let alone graphs showing things moving upwards. All “seeing the funny side” about Covid through stupid pictures and memes is so last year and the year before that.

This is the time to stop posting in this thread, although I will fall on deaf ears. So please, any moderator reading this, lock this darn thread and if anything bad happens we will be sure to be told, then when that is so, you can unlock it again.

Edited by KernowCanary

If you are no longer interested in the topic don’t read the thread. (or bump it) 👍

Edited by Van wink

Me and 3 other family members  have all tested positive for Covid in the last few days, we're all triple jabbed...

Thankfully all our symptoms are no worse than a bad cold.

2 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Me and 3 other family members  have all tested positive for Covid in the last few days, we're all triple jabbed...

Seems to be the way with most atm, thank goodness.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I'm hearing of lots of folk getting it - who are triple vaccinated. As VW has posted above, testing has dropped hugely and yet in the last week warnings have been beeping very loudly (stats and those that plot the numbers who post in a neutral way) that hospitalisations are going up in a very concerning way. Not good at all. I don't think it's just Ukraine but our government (unless I'm mistaken) has made virtually no sounds on this at all? It's like it's all over. Except it clearly isn't. I reckon 10% to 20% wear masks now. 

The fact that testing has fallen also means that the true numbers infected will be much higher. Just have to hope that the admissions data is a temporary trend. Yet, we've been here before haven't we? I expect Javid will have to say something soon. It is always reactive with this lot. 

Hope you will all be ok WOAS.🤞👍

32 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I'm hearing of lots of folk getting it - who are triple vaccinated. As VW has posted above, testing has dropped hugely and yet in the last week warnings have been beeping very loudly (stats and those that plot the numbers who post in a neutral way) that hospitalisations are going up in a very concerning way. Not good at all. I don't think it's just Ukraine but our government (unless I'm mistaken) has made virtually no sounds on this at all? It's like it's all over. Except it clearly isn't. I reckon 10% to 20% wear masks now. 

The fact that testing has fallen also means that the true numbers infected will be much higher. Just have to hope that the admissions data is a temporary trend. Yet, we've been here before haven't we? I expect Javid will have to say something soon. It is always reactive with this lot. 

Thanks bud. Hopefully what we've got is as bad as it gets.

12 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

They’ll keep coming out with all this scaremongering rubbish just to keep the fear factor up. It’s like the public are finally seeing through all this now it’s an endemic.

As for those graphs below this stupid meme, it was always going to happen with hospital admissions once the restrictions or final one of the so-called “curbs” were lifted. As long as it’s manageable for the NHS, then it’s not worth worrying about.

However, since this thread won’t f-off, please for the sake of mental health, stop posting graphs or articles like this. It’s bad enough with Ukraine to worry about while all those graphs alongside the penis and balls thing is being posted. I know it’s trivial now due to the war, but how awful our team are playing isn’t providing an escapism from it all, so please stop this.

Before Covid was launched from that bioweapon experiment gone wrong, Mental Health awareness was everywhere, especially with MAHA England badges being worn by my work colleagues. Now it’s hardly spoken about, just “The Spread” and how we are doomed for the past two years as if it’s some low-budget horror film.

There should be a function on this site so certain threads don’t appear on your account when viewing the forum.

This is no longer time to post scaremongering stories accompanied with a stupid picture of someone with a related facial expression to fit the narrative, let alone graphs showing things moving upwards. All “seeing the funny side” about Covid through stupid pictures and memes is so last year and the year before that.

This is the time to stop posting in this thread, although I will fall on deaf ears. So please, any moderator reading this, lock this darn thread and if anything bad happens we will be sure to be told, then when that is so, you can unlock it again.

My post wasn't intended to represent a serious position, hence the accompanying photo of Kenneth Williams 

It's the kind of article I expect to read on April 1st, or any day of the year in The Mail or Express, though a quick google tells me this story has been around for a year or so in other outlets. To be honest, I only read the first couple of lines myself, life's too short to read everything in The Mail 

Please don't take everything I post seriously 🤗

2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

My post wasn't intended to represent a serious position, hence the accompanying photo of Kenneth Williams 

It's the kind of article I expect to read on April 1st, or any day of the year in The Mail or Express, though a quick google tells me this story has been around for a year or so in other outlets. To be honest, I only read the first couple of lines myself, life's too short to read everything in The Mail 

Please don't take everything I post seriously 🤗

I'm afraid our friend is scaring himself. He doesn't have to read it.

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

I’d be more concerned about stories like those in the north west yesterday where a and e depts are begging people not to turn up unless life threatening problems because they’re so busy - nothing to do with covid, but given that it has been “normal” for years nobody seems to care.

I’ve tested positive today, I’d had a cold/sore throat for a few days and felt a bit meh so took a test.

fortunately I can work from home and if it stays like this and doesn’t last too long then it will be a relief to have it over with TBH.

it does **** my plans to go to the Leeds game but such is life.

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

I’ve tested positive today, I’d had a cold/sore throat for a few days and felt a bit meh so took a test.

fortunately I can work from home and if it stays like this and doesn’t last too long then it will be a relief to have it over with TBH.

it does **** my plans to go to the Leeds game but such is life.

Sorry to hear ICF. Let's hope it remains cold-like and sore throat and then fades as quickly. It's only been a week since rates have started to fall dramatically on Zoe where we are - though nationally Zoe has been recording around 175k cases for a while now. Obviously very prevalent.

• Like 1

Sorry to see that the Government funding for the Zoe app is to be stopped, short sighted imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In deaths per million UK now down to 33rd in world and 22nd in Europe.

In deaths per million in last week rest of Europe continue in catch up mode.

UK 11

Denmark  55

Greece  38

Germany    18

France  15

Italy   19

Spain   20

Austria   25

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-royal-cornwall-hospitals-suspend-all-visiting-after-significant-increase-in-patients-testing-positive-12562491

COVID-19: Royal Cornwall Hospital suspends all visiting after 'significant increase' in patients testing positive

A rise in cases in the county has prompted calls from public health teams for people to continue regularly testing and taking the necessary precautions to keep the virus "at bay".

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

In deaths per million UK now down to 33rd in world and 22nd in Europe.

In deaths per million in last week rest of Europe continue in catch up mode.

UK 11

Denmark  55

Greece  38

Germany    18

France  15

Italy   19

Spain   20

Austria   25

Encouraging figures, what’s the source of those please?

36 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Encouraging figures, what’s the source of those please?

Worldometer

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-royal-cornwall-hospitals-suspend-all-visiting-after-significant-increase-in-patients-testing-positive-12562491

COVID-19: Royal Cornwall Hospital suspends all visiting after 'significant increase' in patients testing positive

A rise in cases in the county has prompted calls from public health teams for people to continue regularly testing and taking the necessary precautions to keep the virus "at bay".

Believe me, you wouldn't want to visit Treliske Hospital. You wipe your feet when you come out of there.

23 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Results of Long Covid on the brain. Since most of cabinet had it I guess their short sightedness and 'loss of memory' is not unexpected. Then again I guess those that dismissed long covid probably didn't notice the 2% loss either.

• The overall brain size in infected participants had shrunk between 0.2 and 2%
  • There were losses in grey matter in the olfactory areas, linked to smell, and regions linked to memory
  • Those who had recently recovered from Covid found it a bit harder to perform complex mental task

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60591487

10 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Results of Long Covid on the brain. Since most of cabinet had it I guess their short sightedness and 'loss of memory' is not unexpected. Then again I guess those that dismissed long covid probably didn't notice the 2% loss either.

• The overall brain size in infected participants had shrunk between 0.2 and 2%
  • There were losses in grey matter in the olfactory areas, linked to smell, and regions linked to memory
  • Those who had recently recovered from Covid found it a bit harder to perform complex mental task

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-60591487

Has long covid stopped happening then or are you still in support of lockdowns? 

On 10/03/2022 at 11:40, Van wink said:

Sorry to see that the Government funding for the Zoe app is to be stopped, short sighted imo.

Tim Spectre

New COVID19 cases in U.K. hit record high! 221,000 cases per day and still rising - Scotland the worst hit but affects every region. Perfect timing (not) as the govt stops funding the Zoe Covid study and hospitalisations rise again - thanks for logging!

• Like 1

Nearly 270k cases on Zoe today, highest ever recorded, not scaremongering but just be aware that we rely on immunity derived from vaccines , as that wanes then things change so just stay safe. There are many in Government and even on here that want us to forget about Covid…don’t forget would be my advice!