Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

We should be celebrating, but there is always some science boffin to come along, say releasing the restrictions is a bad idea and that we should “Follow the Science”.

F*ck that and follow this…… common sense and self awareness!. Just go stuff it with your “Science”. I thought science was things like physics, biology and mixing chemicals together, not how a virus behaves and develops while we all hide behind the sofas away from it!.

Jesus wept, let’s celebrate an endemic or accept it for those who do not. I know it will never go away, but two years is getting too much and we’ve learnt more than enough since then on how to live alongside it.

There’s always a piece on the BBC News website which starts off well, but always ends with a “but” downside to it all the time and we just want good positive news.

54 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

We should be celebrating, but there is always some science boffin to come along, say releasing the restrictions is a bad idea and that we should “Follow the Science”.

F*ck that and follow this…… common sense and self awareness!. Just go stuff it with your “Science”. I thought science was things like physics, biology and mixing chemicals together, not how a virus behaves and develops while we all hide behind the sofas away from it!.

Jesus wept, let’s celebrate an endemic or accept it for those who do not. I know it will never go away, but two years is getting too much and we’ve learnt more than enough since then on how to live alongside it.

There’s always a piece on the BBC News website which starts off well, but always ends with a “but” downside to it all the time and we just want good positive news.

The key word is “ sensible “ , most people are, trouble is the small minority……………………..

Cases and deaths

205 all settings deaths in the U.K. as a whole - was 234 last week

England only 170 - was 214 last week

41,130 cases - was 46,186 last week

England only 30,080 - up 327 on yesterday - was 36,471 last week - that was up 4,528 on the day before.

England Patients (today)

8,948; this is the first time in eight weeks it’s below 9,000 which was before Christmas when Omicron started causing problems. This is a fall from yesterday of 281.

I really do think this thread is going to become irrelevant now, especially how the government have changed their reporting timescales.

Edited by KernowCanary

I think we have reached something of a plateau now. Barring new variants or something extraordinary I guess we will go along like this for a while and hopefully see further falls as the weather warms up.

At least it means no more bouncing red spikey balls on the news every sodding night. The stats are never going to stop as that feeds fear and that sells news.

The way it’s presented on local BBC News programmes in big letters before they show each region, alongside next to it if it’s gone up or down is just making it worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

At least it means no more bouncing red spikey balls on the news every sodding night. The stats are never going to stop as that feeds fear and that sells news.

The way it’s presented on local BBC News programmes in big letters before they show each region, alongside next to it if it’s gone up or down is just making it worse.

Thats why I decided it was time to wrap up daily reports. The Pandemic has ended in the UK.  There will be time for analysis when its over everywhere else.

• Like 2

I'd like to hear more about getting the vaccine and treatment drugs rolled out to the poorer countries.

• Like 1

It’s one crises to another! Are we going to start a doomsday thread? I’m going for global nuclear war or super volcano eruption! 😉

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s one crises to another! Are we going to start a doomsday thread? I’m going for global nuclear war or super volcano eruption! 😉

Nah, after the way this thread did peoples heads in, I think we’ve had enough.

Still, Covid makes you realise how worrying over Brex-****e, really is a waste of time in doing so.

When this nightmare began, my other half wrote on her Facebook “I’m right now just happy to have the amazing friends I have, amazing partner, roof over my head and a steady job for the both of us. Right now I’d rather be worrying over Brexit instead of a pandemic, as that don’t affect us anywhere in the same way as this, nor does it stop us from seeing our friends and loved ones”.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

Good to see someone put Professor Lockdown in his place also.

That smug face of his, the fact he broke his own rules so he could screw his mistress, is funded by Billy Gates and still had the nerve to appear on TV telling us what we should not be doing, makes this music to my ears.

20 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is anyone who tests positive on the 23rd really going to isolate for 10 days?

Nope not me, no way at all.

There were people giving out free testing kits outside a mall in Brighton today, so my friend up there told me on the phone.

Haven’t seen them since the first lockdown, so it will be nice to see them when the Canaries go down there also.

When we first locked down, there were people actually happy about it and celebrating. Just what is wrong with people?.

Edited by KernowCanary

Just had a letter from the NHS saying I’ve been randomly chosen for a PCR and flu test and they’ll send me a 10 pound voucher.

That’s TWICE now they’ve randomly chosen me to do their tests and I’m sick of it now. The letter went in the bin and they can keep their ten pound bribe.

Iceland have now followed Denmark’s lead and this will be effective from 25th Feb. At the border no vaccinations or PCR tests are needed and all curbs are to be lifted.

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

No posts for over a week, anyone got it ?

Nope, but know a couple of people who have caught it in the last week.

It's still everywhere and with the Government desperately trying to pretend that its all over I imagine that will continue to be the case for the foreseeable.

Those two were both fully vaccinated and had already caught it once before as well, so that suggests to me that even without a new variant the current one will continue circulate quite successfully.

5 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Nope, but know a couple of people who have caught it in the last week.

It's still everywhere and with the Government desperately trying to pretend that its all over I imagine that will continue to be the case for the foreseeable.

Those two were both fully vaccinated and had already caught it once before as well, so that suggests to me that even without a new variant the current one will continue circulate quite successfully.

I had in February, triple-jabbed. Tested positive right up until day 7 so only actually got out a day before I would have been allowed to anyway. Virtually no symptoms mind you, I had a brief 2 day cough and on one of those days my legs ached, the way they do the day after a particularly long run.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Quadruple vaxxed.

Super immune😉

I wonder how long someone vulnerable as yourself will have to have another booster. Are we looking at 6 months?

Shame it’s been bumped this thread, just when I thought it was going to page 2.

Lets just let that happen and stick to Private Messages shall we when it comes to discussing the “Kung flu”.

This thread should be locked, printed out and then strapped to a rocket, never to be spoken of again.

Edited by KernowCanary

19 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Shame it’s been bumped this thread, just when I thought it was going to page 2.

Lets just let that happen and stick to Private Messages shall we when it comes to discussing the “Kung flu”.

This thread should be locked, printed out and then strapped to a rocket, never to be spoken of again.

If its bothering you, don't read it.