Jump to content
Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Definitely a vaccine supply problem, no more jabs at Reydon till 16th at the earliest, that’s now THIRTEEN DAYS with none.

Hi CK, I'm an NHS responder and we have had an email saying they expect to ramp up the vaccine effort from the 15th March.

Hopefully that is true as we will surely have to be doing a lot of 2nd dose jabs soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are positive lateral flow tests on school pupils not being followed up with a confirmatory PCR, I cant follow the logic here, surely we want pupils and all involved to have the highest possible confidence in their test results.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Why are positive lateral flow tests on school pupils not being followed up with a confirmatory PCR, I cant follow the logic here, surely we want pupils and all involved to have the highest possible confidence in their test results.

If we are concerned about school test results, perhaps we could bring in Gavin Williamson, he has great experience in this field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dj11 said:

If we are concerned about school test results, perhaps we could bring in Gavin Williamson, he has great experience in this field. 

He's a bit busy at the moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dj11 said:

If we are concerned about school test results, perhaps we could bring in Gavin Williamson, he has great experience in this field. 

Viral load determined by teacher assessment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Why are positive lateral flow tests on school pupils not being followed up with a confirmatory PCR, I cant follow the logic here, surely we want pupils and all involved to have the highest possible confidence in their test results.

I don't think there is any reason why they couldn't be is there ?

I thought you could just book a PCR test and head on down and get it ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This picture has appeared in various outlets of the Tory propaganda machine Sunday papers today.

Going to have to get into work super early tomorrow to install all these imaginary dividers, perspex screens and "knee-operated sinks" that are apparently all going to be delivered and installed by 8:25 tomorrow morning....

Presumably all of this will be funded by flogging our smartboards and replacing them with blackboards.

Good job my classes of 30/31/32 are apparently to be reduced to 9 who will all have laptops though.

This isn't an accident, this is actual Goebbels level, state sponsored propaganda. Do people really believe this ****? If you replaced the students with unicorns it would be VERY marginally less realistic.

Ev3Mt9SWYAM36Zb?format=jpg&name=900x900

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ah ok, so it’s sounding like there will be no confirmatory PCR tests for the initial Lateral flow tests for older children done in schools, but there will be for the later ones done at home.

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the word "might" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that article.😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kick it off said:

This picture has appeared in various outlets of the Tory propaganda machine Sunday papers today.

Going to have to get into work super early tomorrow to install all these imaginary dividers, perspex screens and "knee-operated sinks" that are apparently all going to be delivered and installed by 8:25 tomorrow morning....

Presumably all of this will be funded by flogging our smartboards and replacing them with blackboards.

Good job my classes of 30/31/32 are apparently to be reduced to 9 who will all have laptops though.

This isn't an accident, this is actual Goebbels level, state sponsored propaganda. Do people really believe this ****? If you replaced the students with unicorns it would be VERY marginally less realistic.

Ev3Mt9SWYAM36Zb?format=jpg&name=900x900

That’s probably Eaton 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Ah ok, so it’s sounding like there will be no confirmatory PCR tests for the initial Lateral flow tests for older children done in schools, but there will be for the later ones done at home.

Of course the more cynical amongst us might suggest that is a politically motivated decision.

LFT + = PCR TEST = Statistics of confirmed cases skyrocketing (due to increased testing) and scrutiny being put on the government's decision to use an arbitrary date to send kids back to school.

LFT + = Isolate at home = no statistics to hold the government to account or reveal the real situation to the public.

Hmmmmm.... I wonder....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Van wink said:

That’s probably Eaton 

Doubt it, nobody ****ing a pig corpse in the diagram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kick it off said:

This picture has appeared in various outlets of the Tory propaganda machine Sunday papers today.

Going to have to get into work super early tomorrow to install all these imaginary dividers, perspex screens and "knee-operated sinks" that are apparently all going to be delivered and installed by 8:25 tomorrow morning....

Presumably all of this will be funded by flogging our smartboards and replacing them with blackboards.

Good job my classes of 30/31/32 are apparently to be reduced to 9 who will all have laptops though.

This isn't an accident, this is actual Goebbels level, state sponsored propaganda. Do people really believe this ****? If you replaced the students with unicorns it would be VERY marginally less realistic.

Ev3Mt9SWYAM36Zb?format=jpg&name=900x900

Probably more like this. 
 

82534779-11F4-4E33-94A6-668FB6F74569.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kick it off said:

This picture has appeared in various outlets of the Tory propaganda machine Sunday papers today.

Going to have to get into work super early tomorrow to install all these imaginary dividers, perspex screens and "knee-operated sinks" that are apparently all going to be delivered and installed by 8:25 tomorrow morning....

Presumably all of this will be funded by flogging our smartboards and replacing them with blackboards.

Good job my classes of 30/31/32 are apparently to be reduced to 9 who will all have laptops though.

This isn't an accident, this is actual Goebbels level, state sponsored propaganda. Do people really believe this ****? If you replaced the students with unicorns it would be VERY marginally less realistic.

Ev3Mt9SWYAM36Zb?format=jpg&name=900x900

Where’s the little girl using the sanitiser and the one washing their hands going to sit ?, and who donated the laptops or do you have to bring your own. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

This picture has appeared in various outlets of the Tory propaganda machine Sunday papers today.

Going to have to get into work super early tomorrow to install all these imaginary dividers, perspex screens and "knee-operated sinks" that are apparently all going to be delivered and installed by 8:25 tomorrow morning....

Presumably all of this will be funded by flogging our smartboards and replacing them with blackboards.

Good job my classes of 30/31/32 are apparently to be reduced to 9 who will all have laptops though.

This isn't an accident, this is actual Goebbels level, state sponsored propaganda. Do people really believe this ****? If you replaced the students with unicorns it would be VERY marginally less realistic.

Ev3Mt9SWYAM36Zb?format=jpg&name=900x900

Go

To

Work

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Van wink said:

Investment in local authority ( EHO’s ) and DPH at County level would have given a massive boost to T and T. 

We disagree on how much contact tracing can realistically contribute to suppression but we don't disagree on public health  ore generally.

We tend to think of 'health' as something you are recovered to by the NHS.   If though we really want to understand rising life expectancy over the last 200 years and prospects for the future then only maybe around 10% of our study should be focussed in what happens in hospitals.

Give everyone a decent house and easy access to green space and we might find our small mental health budget can cope. We could do the same exercise with many parts of the NHS (except perhaps geriatric medicine)

Edited by Barbe bleu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Give everyone a decent house and easy access to green space and we might find our small mental health budget can cope. We could do the same exercise with many parts of the NHS (except perhaps geriatric medicine)

That is a good summary of Maslow's hierarchy isn't it? The physiological and safety needs planned for and resourced. Yet since 1980 we haven't invested very much in good public housing, though more homes have reached a decent home standard. Herman produced a very good summary of a progressive portfolio for a government on one of the other threads yesterday  (Positive Brexit) but I would add your points. There are solutions to a fairer and more equitable society but there are lots of signs that we are moving in a different direction.

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That is a good summary of Maslow's hierarchy isn't it? The physiological and safety needs planned for and resourced. Yet since 1980 we haven't invested very much in good public housing, though more homes have reached a decent home standard. Herman produced a very good summary of a progressive portfolio for a government on one of the other threads yesterday  (Positive Brexit) but I would add your points. There are solutions to a fairer and more equitable society but there are lots of signs that we are moving in a different direction.

Its probably some deep evolutionary thing.   Maybe we need to see trees to feel good as the primeval part of our brain is telling us they are what we climb when we see a sabre toothed tiger?

I wouldnt go as far as saying we need 'public' housing. We just need certain standards that need to be met regardless of the source and we need to be ensuring that these standards are met.

Now there might be very good arguments for mass council housing building but I suspect that if that debate is opened it'll entrench attitudes and prevent anything being done.

And since this is the virus thread....  enforced standards (pointless having  unenforced standards really) should include minimum spaces, ventilation, sunlight, access to parks etc . All the stuff we have talked about here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Some very learned people are finding out whether mixing the two vaccines, Astra Zeneca followed by a Pfizer vaccination will actually/could possibly provide a much more all round protection. Anybody heard of such research and is a good suggestion?

 

Yes, I think there are some posts on the Sarah thread.    Absolutely a good thing to look into in my book. Even if there is no immunological benefit cost must be a consideration.

Not heard of any  study being published though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A twelve month trial of giving one shot of AZ vaccine and one shot of Pfizer vaccine started four - six weeks ago. I wouldn't expect any results for a while yet though in view of the length of the trial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

We disagree on how much contact tracing can realistically contribute to suppression but we don't disagree on public health  ore generally.

We tend to think of 'health' as something you are recovered to by the NHS.   If though we really want to understand rising life expectancy over the last 200 years and prospects for the future then only maybe around 10% of our study should be focussed in what happens in hospitals.

Give everyone a decent house and easy access to green space and we might find our small mental health budget can cope. We could do the same exercise with many parts of the NHS (except perhaps geriatric medicine)

Indeed, the wider determinants of health,it’s what public health ( environmental health ) is all about

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Some very learned people are finding out whether mixing the two vaccines, Astra Zeneca followed by a Pfizer vaccination will actually/could possibly provide a much more all round protection. Anybody heard of such research and is a good suggestion?

 

Yes there is a trial doing this at the moment. There are other trials around the world, including our very own Oxford vaccine with Sputnik, which began in February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

National

 5177 - ?    not yet updated

Local

Fading fast in our area

image.png.527dcc5eecd61c200b1ac3bd7b6e615f.png

image.png.ac5e1a727339a54a91c4e79510dda46b.png

image.thumb.png.6a54da501f34c16e0ee1da5686e747e9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ricardo said:

National

 5177 - ?    not yet updated

Local

Fading fast in our area

image.png.527dcc5eecd61c200b1ac3bd7b6e615f.png

image.png.ac5e1a727339a54a91c4e79510dda46b.png

image.thumb.png.6a54da501f34c16e0ee1da5686e747e9.png

Nearly a million tests and under 6000 positives , brilliant 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Just seen the vaccine is now available to people who are 56-59. Just gone online and booked mine for Friday 12th 😀👍.

And finally...i have got the call and a slot time for the 13th. for my 1st jab. Considering im in the over 65 age group i must have been right at the tail end of this group to get a slot. Patience has been rewarded at last.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The world moves through another milestone with over 300 million vaccinated now. The pace is becoming rapid as supply moves to the next level. The US are going at some pace fast approaching 2.5 million a day. This week the rough daily total administered has gone up around 1.5 million. The US are also now using Johnson and Johnson that technically only requires one dose.

More than 304 million doses have been administered across 114 countries, according to data collected by Bloomberg. The latest rate was roughly 7.93 milliondoses a day.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Well b back said:

Yes there is a trial doing this at the moment. There are other trials around the world, including our very own Oxford vaccine with Sputnik, which began in February.

I hope they're not using rabbits in these trials, they've suffered in the past from mixingthedoses. 😀

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...