Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I was not aware that anybody has a reliable test to show if people have had it and are therefore "safe".

They don't as far as I'm aware. Hence Hancock pleading to biotechs to find one that can be reliable. Plasma research is ongoing I understand (China) but is still being tested (antibodies from recovered patients).

There are lots of articles online about repeated testing though (drive through testing centres) to ensure anyone with the virus (even asymptomatic) can be isolated, preventing the possibility of further spread.

Stay safe

Hows it going with you today Ricardo? I know a couple of evenings ago you sounded a bit despondent but you seem on good form on the forum.

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well I'm glad some think it is OK to ignore the Government's guidelines of staying at home this Easter. That isn't an Eddie Stobart on its side. 

No one is saying it’s ok to ignore guidelines, they’re just making the point that a large number of the vehicles in that photo are still ok to be on the roads while you’re saying all brits are being arrogant and ignoring it all. As you’ve said, any caravans shouldn’t be there but don’t tar them all with the same brush, they’re “key” workers at the moment.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I can’t see any motor homes or caravans. Possibly one just after the bend. The large majority of the rest are lorries, a few normal cars, a couple of people carriers (we can’t see how many people in them) and a couple of white vans.

I give up. WTF is blocking the lane? And there have been many more according to local reports

Yes fair point - i’d only looked at the queue. But one is hardly loads.  

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Thing is, that photo could have been taken an hour after the accident, which would be why there’s a large amount of traffic there. Look at the other side of the road, pretty empty isn’t it ? 

That is not the point. The road is full of motorhomes and caravans.They have been told to stay at home. There are no sites open down here. They have nowhere to go. We do not need them pitching up wherever they arrogantly feel is OK for them. The police have been stopping them in Cornwall and asking the reason for them coming down here. And the fact is, there is no reason.😡

Don’t forget we have a very large traveller community in the uk who are a law onto themselves, so to judge this from a different perspective and it might not be normal folk!

Edited by Indy

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Stay safe

Hows it going with you today Ricardo? I know a couple of evenings ago you sounded a bit despondent but you seem on good form on the forum.

Have asked my daughter to take my car out for a run before it rusts away in the garage. I spoke to my son on Whatsapp but thats about all the contact I have had today apart from Mrs R.

I've been as far as 5 yds from the back door today, sat in the sun for a bit and watered some plants.🌻

The Forum is a godsend, at least I don't  have to go out for an argument. 😁

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Can’t you have one indoors without going online ? 😁

19 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Can’t you have one indoors without going online ? 😁

Any day and every day😉

Im not sure why there is still so much talk of testing at the moment.

The antibody testing is  currently far too unreliable to base a national strategy on and antigen testing is useful only now for getting key workers back to work (and since we are out of flu season we can expect the number of 'false' self isolation to be fairly low)

Perhaps we will get back into a position where we can have another go at containment but that window closed once ski season was done and everyone returned to their yoga lessons.

• Like 1

386 confirmed cases in Norfolk now, 75 deaths.  302 confirmed cases in Suffolk.

What is making life hard for me personally is that ive 2 vulnerable family members to take care of, but im having zero success with online food deliveries or getting face masks even when im forced to go shopping. Have tried every single major food chain, at varying times of the day, for weeks and all the time the slots are fully booked, so ive no choice but to go out to get food. And as i said previously, have face masks ordered with 3 different companies since mid february, still nothing has arrived. This does make it difficult to protect oneself..yet i see other nations, some even 3rd world standard, with lots of face masks. Difficult times indeed.

59 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Since the test can only tell you if you've got it and not if you've had it, how does that equate to "no longer threats". Surely if you've tested negative it doesn't prevent you from testing positive the next day or next week. All testing does is enable positives to self isolate.

I believe there is also a test which can tell you whether you've had it. 

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

What is making life hard for me personally is that ive 2 vulnerable family members to take care of, but im having zero success with online food deliveries or getting face masks even when im forced to go shopping. Have tried every single major food chain, at varying times of the day, for weeks and all the time the slots are fully booked, so ive no choice but to go out to get food. And as i said previously, have face masks ordered with 3 different companies since mid february, still nothing has arrived. This does make it difficult to protect oneself..yet i see other nations, some even 3rd world standard, with lots of face masks. Difficult times indeed.

Morrisons do an essentials box for £35 delivered next day if ordered before 3pm, no online delivery slot required as it comes by courier. Got one today and was decent, bacon went down a treat. Mostly Morrison's own brand stuff but I'm not complaining. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I believe there is also a test which can tell you whether you've had it. 

Which apparently doesn't  work and I have just heard on the news that the goverment, having paid for them, are seeking compensation.

No one is saying it’s ok to ignore guidelines, they’re just making the point that a large number of the vehicles in that photo are still ok to be on the roads while you’re saying all brits are being arrogant and ignoring it all. As you’ve said, any caravans shouldn’t be there but don’t tar them all with the same brush, they’re “key” workers at the moment.

Of course I have no objections to lorries etc.  How else would I shop for food? But the damning part of that photo is that there is a caravan on its side and it is a still photo and doesn't show the amount of "holiday" traffic as reported by local radio.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Which apparently doesn't  work and I have just heard on the news that the goverment, having paid for them, are seeking compensation.

Not seen the news yet, will give it a google

Have asked my daughter to take my car out for a run before it rusts away in the garage. I spoke to my son on Whatsapp but thats about all the contact I have had today apart from Mrs R.

I've been as far as 5 yds from the back door today, sat in the sun for a bit and watered some plants.

One of my mates has just phoned me and he is going stir crazy. He would normally nip to the local after work. But I told him its his fault he never wanted the responsibility of marriage.

5 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

As I am one of the extremely vulnerable, I have got a Sainsburys delivery although you still need to keeping logging in and waiting to book a slot.

I have noticed that Iceland occasionally have a few free slots but you need to look every day.

I have also managed to get prescriptions delivered which was the big worry last week.

The City council rang today and asked if I needed anything and left a number to ring in an emergency. People who live alone really need this service. The authorities seem to be getting their act together.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I've been as far as 5 yds from the back door today, sat in the sun for a bit and watered some plants.

One of my mates has just phoned me and he is going stir crazy. He would normally nip to the local after work. But I told him its his fault he never wanted the responsibility of marriage.

Yes, family is the most important thing in life.

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not seen the news yet, will give it a google

Apparently we have ordered 17 million according to BBC news. Those that have arrived are unreliable. 

Why can't the supermarkets prioritise, the vulnerable with home deliveries? If they made it clear you maybe only get one a week so order with that in my mind it might stop any problems

In a sinister move Cambridgeshire Police have developed an app that allows you to easily snitch on your neighbour and other individuals who may venture out too often.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I've been as far as 5 yds from the back door today, sat in the sun for a bit and watered some plants.🌻

Conquer Indoor Bicycle Cycling Trainer Exercise Stand - YouTube

...Get yerself one o' these Ricardo.....It'll keep you active and in shape....(Although I think the bike and the training stand are optional)....... 

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:
Conquer Indoor Bicycle Cycling Trainer Exercise Stand - YouTube

...Get yerself one o' these Ricardo.....It'll keep you active and in shape....(Although I think the bike and the training stand are optional)....... 

Social distancing might be a problem.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Social distancing might be a problem.

Comes....with a clean bill of health certificate.....

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why can't the supermarkets prioritise, the vulnerable with home deliveries? If they made it clear you maybe only get one a week so order with that in my mind it might stop any problems

They are doing that KG. You have to register with the Gov.Uk website if you are one of the 1.5 million that got a letter. Supermarkets are prioritising people on this list.

• Like 1

They are doing that KG. You have to register with the Gov.Uk website if you are one of the 1.5 million that got a letter. Supermarkets are prioritising people on this list.

Good

38 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Out of interest Ricardo, did the letters tell you where/how to register or have I missed something more public?

I ask only because according to the source I’ve seen (bbc, link below) only 900k received a letter. 600k is the number of people who were missed off the list and are now being added thanks to GPs and hospitals flagging those who are at risk but didn’t receive a letter. I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a few missed off, that’s understandable, but 2/5 seems like a lot to miss! Feel for those who are at risk, didn’t receive a letter in error and can’t get their food delivered.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-52123446