Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Nobody disputes that one comment. It’s the context. 

I beg your pardon? You’ve done nothing but dispute that he made such a comment. Now you can’t deny that he did we move on to the context? The quote is a poor choice of words and was always going to be picked up on by news companies and mainstream media because of its sensational nature, just like their 4000 deaths a day.  Job done though as it’s made headlines and will scare the **** out of many people now

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

23 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

And yet for all your banging on about it here  is the quote direct from his mouth....

Didn’t.

Say.

He.

Never.

Said.

That.

But you’re conveniently ignoring everything else he said that We’ll Be Back posted which actually clarifies his actual thoughts and gives you the context rather than his clearly exasperated quick retort to the plonker that asked the question.

Are you yourself denying he said what WBB quoted then?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Didn’t.

Say.

He.

Never.

Said.

That.

But you’re conveniently ignoring everything else he said that We’ll Be Back posted which actually clarifies his actual thoughts and gives you the context rather than his clearly exasperated quick retort to the plonker that asked the question.

Are you yourself denying he said what WBB quoted then?

In the position they are in do you not think it would be wise to refrain from such sensational comments that will always be picked up on, purely for the nature of the comment. As soon as he said that News outlets were always going to lead with that quote, simple as that. As I’ve said it’s sensational and blatantly fear mongering but it’s had the desired effect, more  news headlines to put the fear of god into people 

9 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Job done though as it’s made headlines and will scare the **** out of many people now

Good! With several vaccines nearly upon us and a few months to get through until the return of better weather which naturally takes the strain off hospitals and the other deadly winter ailments, then if you would rather risk passing on something potentially deadly to someone you supposedly care about for no other real reason than rebelling against the government (good fun being a part of a movement, innit?), then more fool you! Show some respect to those that may naturally have plenty more years left ahead of them for the sake of a hug, and don’t disrespect the others of us that actually value other people’s gift of life.

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Good! With several vaccines nearly upon us and a few months to get through until the return of better weather which naturally takes the strain off hospitals and the other deadly winter ailments, then if you would rather risk passing on something potentially deadly to someone you supposedly care about for no other real reason than rebelling against the government (good fun being a part of a movement, innit?), then more fool you! Show some respect to those that may naturally have plenty more years left ahead of them for the sake of a hug, and don’t disrespect the others of us that actually value other people’s gift of life.

Or you know, just leave it up to the individual to make their own choices that they are happy with which is what I said to begin with but don’t get off your soap box...

Just now, Teemu’s right foot said:

Or you know, just leave it up to the individual which is what I said to begin with but don’t get off your soap box...

My god, that’s what Whitty said, it’s not law and it’s up to you but he wouldn’t encourage it as you don’t know if you have the virus.

Speaking at a Downing Street press conference on Thursday, Prof Whitty - who revealed he would be "on the wards" over Christmas - said: "Would I want someone to see their family? Of course, that's what Christmas is about. 

"But would I encourage someone to hug and kiss their elderly relatives? No, I would not. 

"It's not against the law - and that's the whole point. You can do it within the rules that are there, but it does not make sense because you could be carrying the virus and if you've got an elderly relative, that would not be the thing you'd want to do in the period where we are running up to a point where we actually might be able to protect older people. 

"So I think people just have to have sense. The fact that you can do something - this is true across so many other areas of life - doesn't mean you should."

3 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Or you know, just leave it up to the individual which is what I said to begin with but don’t get off your soap box...

Wouldn’t have had to if you could actually read between the lines in the first place, and see that Chris Whitty made it perfectly clear hugging has not been outlawed, just he himself personally recommended against it! What the hell is wrong with that?!

Seriously! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😂

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

My god, that’s what Whitty said, it’s not law and it’s up to you but he wouldn’t encourage it as you don’t know if you have the virus.

Ever get the feeling you’re going around in circles, WBB 😉😂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Wouldn’t have had to if you could actually read between the lines in the first place, and see that Chris Whitty made it perfectly clear hugging has not been outlawed, just he himself personally recommended against it! What the hell is wrong with that?!

Seriously! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Infact, I take back the ‘read between the lines’ comment, but I was simply trying to be polite as you clearly can’t read his very simple message, and would rather focus on his exasperated one liner. 

It’s there for all to see, in black and white. Not illegal, no laws, you can do it if you selfishly wish but don’t criticise the bloke because he personally advises against it (nothing more!) - he’s clearly got decency about himself and doesn’t want to risk a fatality within his family. 

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Seriously! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

What the hell is wrong with advice that even though you can, you shouldn’t hug a relative? You seriously need me to answer that? 

2020, the year that hugging a relative is now seen as “selfish” and many people have lost their fricken minds...

3 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

What the hell is wrong with advice that even though you can, you shouldn’t hug a relative? You seriously need me to answer that? 

2020, the year that hugging  relative is now seen as “selfish” and many people have lost their fricken minds...

Yes, please do answer that. It’s very simple. It’s not an illegal or unlawful act, but to protect the vulnerable he PERSONALLY advises against it.

It’s really not hard to understand 👍

Taking it down to basics, Teemu, I have a question for you which only needs to be answered with a yes or no.

Does Coronavirus kill people?

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Yes, please do answer that. It’s very simple. It’s not an illegal or unlawful act, but to protect the vulnerable he PERSONALLY advises against it.

It’s really not hard to understand 👍

I’m seriously concerned that you people will be able to intergrate back into society when this is all over. Maybe the government will need to spend yet more money on councelling to convince you that it’s ok to spend time in the company of other humans and actually having contact with them is safe...

2 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

I’m seriously concerned that you people will be able to intergrate back into society when this is all over. Maybe the government will need to spend yet more money on councelling to convince you that it’s ok to spend time in the company of other humans and actually having contact with them is safe...

Well it’s going to have be us ‘you people’ that reintegrate into society as fortunately we’ll be the only ones left here by all accounts! Natural selection I guess? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Taking it down to basics, Teemu, I have a question for you which only needs to be answered with a yes or no.

Does Coronavirus kill people?

Well, @Teemu’s right foot? You’ve gone a bit quiet? It’s only a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ that’s required 😉

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Well it’s going to have be us ‘you people’ that reintegrate into society as fortunately we’ll be the only ones left here by all accounts! Natural selection I guess? 

Tell me about it, I’ve only got a 99.7% chance of survival if I catch it

Here’s a thought, maybe you’re suffering from Stockholm syndrome? 

Here’s a thought, maybe you’re suffering from Stockholm syndrome? 

And therein lies the problem in one.

It’s all about YOURSELF! 

Falling down the stairs kills people. We’ve yet to go on a major demolition of houses and mass buildings of bungalows though...

700 people don't die falling down the stairs in a day. That's the big bloody difference.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Does that statistic make you under 18 ?

1 minute ago, Herman said:

700 people don't die falling down the stairs in a day. That's the big bloody difference.

But they do of cancers, every day of every year. So I’ll ask again, if world governments are so concerned about our health and well being then where is the hundreds of billions of pounds that’s been thrown at this to find cures and prevention of a far bigger killer?

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Although I don’t most of us oldies live in bungalows, no stairs.

On a more serious point, in wave 1 many senior citizens fell broke their hips and contracted Covid in hospital. Our amazing NHS have solved that problem this time by having Covid secure areas. Of course that means that some of our doctors and nurses have not even been with their families for 6 weeks let alone thought about hugging their parents.

There's been hundreds of billions of pounds spent on cures and treatments for cancer. There's many of us still here because of it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

There's been hundreds of billions of pounds spent on cures and treatments for cancer. There's many of us still here because of it.

In 2019/20 cancer research U.K. had funding of 455 million, much of that will have been funded through charity. An absolute drop in the ocean compared to this years bill for covid , that’s less than premier league clubs annual spend! 

Back to reality.

Vaccines won't have any real bite on the the numbers until say April.

The Christmas relaxations coupled with idiotic people will no doubt lead to a very a large and deadly spike later in January and another full on even harder lockdown to get through to Spring. 

Is this Christmas binge worth it ? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

But they do of cancers, every day of every year. So I’ll ask again, if world governments are so concerned about our health and well being then where is the hundreds of billions of pounds that’s been thrown at this to find cures and prevention of a far bigger killer?

They have MRNA technology will vaccinate against cancers, we all pray, but will take billions of investment. Our 2 new diagnostics clinics are moving into a 3 year trial involving 140,000 55 - 75 year olds that will have blood twice a year and the technology at our new clinics will pick up early signs of 50 different cancers. 
MRNA was being developed, without Covid would have taken another 5-10 years.