Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Sorry to deny you the kudos of being shamed by me but I had others in mind.😂 That said, I could look back to see if you need adding to the list...😎

The list? Bl00dy hell. Please don't Purple. I'll be good from now on. 😇 That said, I have a feeling I might already be on one or two people's lists already... 

OTBC

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Bill said:

blimey, the meds have kicked in early today - are you sure you have taken the correct dosage

otherwise I shall refer to when you had not logged in for over a week then leapt out of the dark so to speak, logged in and replied.....with your usual guff

we were to assume that by pure coincidence a comment by me that did not mention you should cause you to start ranting and raving yet again

whereas the release of the club accounts and a home defeat to the bottom club had not caused you to add the slightest peep

odd that for someone who claims his only interest is football......or not, maybe

not so much **** Emery, as **** H

ps don't twist folk's posts, it's such a giveaway

I'm going to be very honest with you here Bill. I wrote a long and detailed response to your post - some of my very finest work - but then stupidly closed down the tab and lost the lot. Gutted. Not sure what to do now. I know you will have been getting moist with anticipation for my next amusing post. I feel like I've really let you down.

Apologies again. I feel nothing but shame. 😔

OTBC

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Masks just arrived at work and 3 suspected cases so far in the trust. Tests to date, zero. 

Hi MY

3 suspected cases I guess is not good, and no tests is worse, out of how many staff is that ?

Several thousands 

7 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Hi MY

3 suspected cases I guess is not good, and no tests is worse, out of how many staff is that ?

I’d guess at several thousands across the mental health trust. Staff were improvising and making their own masks last week. Can’t see testing happening any time soon. 

Boris should have scrapped the patronising letters and focused on testing kits. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bill said:

it's also worth noting how it is the same few names

however much their appearances on here come and go

That's never been a problem for you 😉

( apart from your couple of months hiatus at the end of last year. I trust you weren't poorly ? )

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

BBC news saying WHO on the verge of changing advice re mask wearing.

Yes,, it seems that there was a (single) study in the US that suggests that the virus could be spread up to 8 m by sneezes and that though a normal mask was far too permeable to stop virions it might help deflect droplets a little.

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Another attempt to engage sensibly with you Aggy, although I can't help feeling that I am being a little naive in attempting to do so. I recognise that there is a possibility that I am being unfair, but it does seem to me that you may be deliberately obfuscating and denying that you have said things in an attempt to justify what you have said. It is not a tactic that is unknown to someone else on this thread. 

I have never misquoted you at all. Every word that I have quoted from you was a direct, verbatim quotation. 

No “direct, verbatim quotation” to support your accusation that I am “ok” with the lack of PPE though?

I think you may want to remember that not every post in this thread is in direct response to whatever you’re posting about. Other than where you’ve misquoted me, I genuinely couldn’t tell you anything that you’ve said in this thread.

Your post above trying to show that in fact all of my posts have been arguing with you (rather than engaging with the people who they were actually in response to and who I have actually quoted in the posts) is baffling.

If I didn’t know better, I’d have given it high marks for top quality trolling.

Edited by Aggy

3 hours ago, T said:

Germany has increased its ICUs to 40000 and ventilators to 30000. The UK is more in line with Spain and Italy. I’ve no interest in nationalistic jingoism. I am interested in why some countries do some things better. I have long wondered why countries don’t benchmark themselves against other countries to see what they can do better in both directions. Circumstances are always different so not always transferable but surely learning from other people is better than nationalism. At least scientists and medics are not so nationalistic and see the obvious benefit of working internationally. Hopefully an important lesson for the majority from this crisis. 

It's not just us though. The US shared in the major H1N1 epidemic in 2009/10 when over 60 million Americans were infected and almost 300,000 died worldwide. They appear to have learned nothing from their own quite recent experience, let alone learning from someone else's. But at that time, the UK and most of Europe did manage to stay relatively unaffected - whether by accident or design is very difficult to say.

Some countries do benchmark - but often it's against Sweden, who have long been held up as one of the best heathcare systems in the world (perhaps along with Singapore). Yet this time around Sweden are ploughing their own furrow and haven't yet even locked down. 

These are very difficult arguments with no agreed right answers - having said all of that the UK governments responses to date have been confused to say the least.

• Like 2

I totally agree that we are not alone but that doesn’t mean testing PPE and ventilator plans in the UK have not been a mess. Germany and S Korea clearly did have an emergency plan and the UK clearly didn’t. And we know that the UK prioritised populist nationalism emergency planning over healthcare  emergency planning. I repeat you would not expect to have everything in place but you should have a plan to put everything in place. UK society had the wrong priorities. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Other than where you’ve misquoted me

I have not misquoted you anywhere - they were all direct quotations as well you know. The fact that you are trying to obfuscate and hide your meaning with pedantry and repeated deceptions suggests that you trying to run away from being held to account for what you say, in the same way that you have edited so much of what you have written long after it was posted.

Anyway, I rather discuss the issue with sensible people, whether or not I agree with their views than engage with someone who seems to be a time-waster trying to "play games." You may find it amusing, but I think that it's a little bit childish - you have my sympathy.

I said a few days ago that Boris has blood on his hands and was shouted down for it.

We were promised thousands of ventilators. We are getting 30. Not 30,000. 30. THIRTY.

Boris refused to sign up with the EU to bulk buy ventilators and PPE for health professionals because of Brexit.

I can't believe anyone is saying he is not responsible and he's doing a good job. He has done his standard laissez faire twatting about and people have died because of it. Here's your "admin error" as Johnson called it, in the link below. 8 ****ING MEETINGS in not an "admin error" it's gross negligence and incredulous levels of incompetence.... and now he's hiding. Again. First it was a fridge, now he's having the world's longest case of Covid19 to avoid having to answer questions on his disgusting disregard for the lives of the country. Brexit over breathing. Utter disgrace.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/uk-discussed-joint-eu-plan-to-buy-covid-19-medical-supplies-say-officials

"herd immunity wasn't the government strategy, it was taken out of context" was a reply I received a few days ago - watch this and then tell me it wasn't the strategy. You can't whitewash history in these days.

Germany can test 100,000 per day. We can't even manage 5 figures most days. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-eu-medical-equipment-brexit-latest-a9428401.html

If you voted Tory and plan on clapping the NHS tonight, you can quite frankly go **** yourself because doctors have died needlessly due to the ****ing clown you put in number 10.

and for the record, no, this isn't an anti-Tory rant, it's an anti-incompetence rant. Rishi Sunak etc have proven themselves sensible and capable. Boris and Hancock have proven themselves incompetent and dangerous.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Badger said:

I have not misquoted you anywhere - they were all direct quotations as well you know. .

So provide a direct quotation to support your accusation that I’m “ok” with the lack of PPE?

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

BBC news saying WHO on the verge of changing advice re mask wearing.

If they decide not to it will be because they don't want to exacerbate the global shortage of masks.

Plus I had a word and told them if it did change they would be getting a call from Bill, the phone just went dead!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T said:

I totally agree that we are not alone but that doesn’t mean testing PPE and ventilator plans in the UK have not been a mess. Germany and S Korea clearly did have an emergency plan and the UK clearly didn’t. And we know that the UK prioritised populist nationalism emergency planning over healthcare  emergency planning. I repeat you would not expect to have everything in place but you should have a plan to put everything in place. UK society had the wrong priorities. 

I know conflating this emergency with Brexit is a very touchy subject with some but it was reported last week, or possibly the week before I don't exactly remember, that the UK was in process of putting an emergency plan together but although the experts worked up a plan it never came to fruition because the government decided it couldn't afford the time for Parliamentary approval due to Brexit - this is doubly bizarre since despite the government's (both TM & BJ) obsession with Brexit to the exclusion of all else, the HoC didn't actually ever get to spend very long debating Brexit and even when they eventually did get involved I distinctly remember several long gaps when MPs were basically doing next to nothing whilst the government tried to figure out some way to get the unpassable Brexit Bill passed. Then, of course, when BJ finally did win a vote he just sat on his hands and decided he wanted an election and wasn't going to do anything at all until he got one. So there was absolutely no reason why Parliament couldn't have done the work to approve this emergency planning, or some of the other bits of Parliamentary business that the government happily junked.

So I think you are being fairly kind to say they had the wrong priorities - they were utterly irresponsible as a government in pursuit of a single idealogical obsession.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

what if you wear a sensible mask.

image.jpeg.e620049c52ab18c616db933cf821dd9c.jpeg...I'd be Damned if I was to been seen wearing a mask of him!.....
'I'd Smash it up!'.......

I understand from a bbc interview with a university professor in emergency planning that a potential pandemic was seen as a high risk but it was decided that the civil servants should work on brexit rather than pandemic emergency plan so I understand it was a problem with expert resources rather than politician time.

I was always of the view that Brexit was not the end of the economic world but that there was more important things to spend time and money on like healthcare. It turns out unfortunately that I was more right than I realised but no doubt I’m still wrong and the punters still know better than the experts so I don’t fully blame the politicians who misled the public but also those who chose to be misled and are still in a state of denial. Unfortunately everyone will have to take the extra burden of this irresponsible behaviour. 

40 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I said a few days ago that Boris has blood on his hands and was shouted down for it.

We were promised thousands of ventilators. We are getting 30. Not 30,000. 30. THIRTY.

Boris refused to sign up with the EU to bulk buy ventilators and PPE for health professionals because of Brexit.

I can't believe anyone is saying he is not responsible and he's doing a good job. He has done his standard laissez faire twatting about and people have died because of it.

"herd immunity wasn't the government strategy, it was taken out of context" was a reply I received a few days ago - watch this and then tell me it wasn't the strategy. You can't whitewash history in these days.

Germany can test 100,000 per day. We can't even manage 5 figures most days. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-eu-medical-equipment-brexit-latest-a9428401.html

If you voted Tory and plan on clapping the NHS tonight, you can quite frankly go **** yourself because doctors have died needlessly due to the ****ing clown you put in number 10.

and for the record, no, this isn't an anti-Tory rant, it's an anti-incompetence rant. Rishi Sunak etc have proven themselves sensible and capable. Boris and Hancock have proven themselves incompetent and dangerous.

It's fair comment.

My original criticism of Johnson was that he can only do 'popular' things and tell people what they want to hear whether it's true or not. It's what he's done all his life.

It makes him (and his government) spectacularly ill-equipped to deal with the pandemic - hence always procrastinating and putting off difficult and possibly unpopular decisions until they become inevitable. Reminds me a bit of the EPL.

• Like 1

I think people will have long, long memories when this is through. It's after all for many a once in a lifetime event. So many stories, so many losses. And some folk are not going to come out of it well, both in politics and bigger business. The repurcussions will go on for some time. I stated at the end of Feb that I wondered whether a government might be brought down by this.

The NHS hopefully comes out so much stronger in future years but there will be post traumatic stress for so many to manage and try and get over.

You really need a government to have strong leadership in times like this. Of whatever colour.

3 minutes ago, T said:

I understand from a bbc interview with a university professor in emergency planning that a potential pandemic was seen as a high risk but it was decided that the civil servants should work on brexit rather than pandemic emergency plan so I understand it was a problem with expert resources rather than politician time.

I was always of the view that Brexit was not the end of the economic world but that there was more important things to spend time and money on like healthcare. It turns out unfortunately that I was more right than I realised but no doubt I’m still wrong and the punters still know better than the experts so I don’t fully blame the politicians who misled the public but also those who chose to be misled and are still in a state of denial. Unfortunately everyone will have to take the extra burden of this irresponsible behaviour. 

Yah Yah absolutely....

image.jpeg.3cff1262067aba2cfca6af5dbd4f309f.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Aggy said:

So provide a direct quotation to support your accusation that I’m “ok” with the lack of PPE?

Every quotation I have given from you was copied and pasted directly and you know it. I explained in detail your tactics of obfuscation, denial and deception in depth in a post I made this morning. You have, predictably, failed to deal this and just to reiterate a falsehood.

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

It's fair comment.

My original criticism of Johnson was that he can only do 'popular' things and tell people what they want to hear whether it's true or not. It's what he's done all his life.

It makes him (and his government) spectacularly ill-equipped to deal with the pandemic - hence always procrastinating and putting off difficult and possibly unpopular decisions until they become inevitable. Reminds me a bit of the EPL.

A point I've made. And this may be a factor if the football authorities want to try to restart the season and Johnson thinks the popular move would be to allow that. Supposedly the government's attitude at the moment - this could change - is to give the green light.

A report a few days back said the government didn’t consider football would be a drain on essential emergency services and suchlike.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think people will have long, long memories when this is through. It's after all for many a once in a lifetime event. So many stories, so many losses. And some folk are not going to come out of it well, both in politics and bigger business. The repurcussions will go on for some time. I stated at the end of Feb that I wondered whether a government might be brought down by this.

The NHS hopefully comes out so much stronger in future years but there will be post traumatic stress for so many to manage and try and get over.

You really need a government to have strong leadership in times like this. Of whatever colour.

I think the lockdown is the thing that’s most likely to cause more immediate problems for a government. If it only lasts another few weeks then maybe not, but if starts getting towards six months or more as some are suggesting then I think there will be a serious reaction from the public. 

Difficult one for the government though - because if they lift the lockdown too soon, they’d get blasted if we end up with higher deaths than other countries. If they extend it too long, there could be economic impacts that ruin many more lives in the long run.

5 minutes ago, Badger said:

Every quotation I have given from you was copied and pasted directly and you know it. I explained in detail your tactics of obfuscation, denial and deception in depth in a post I made this morning. You have, predictably, failed to deal this and just to reiterate a falsehood.

Ah, so there is no direct quotation to back up your accusation that I am “ok” with the lack of PPE?

When the fine weather arrives and if we're still in lockdown......I think things may get a bit 'heated'..... 

Just now, Mello Yello said:

When the fine weather arrives and if we're still in lockdown......I think things may get a bit 'heated'..... 

At least if it’s only while there’s fine weather, the ‘heatedness’ won’t last too long in the UK! 

4 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Ah, so there is no direct quotation to back up your accusation that I am “ok” with the lack of PPE?

Every quotation I have given from you was copied and pasted directly and you know it.

I explained in detail your tactics of obfuscation, denial and deception in depth in a post I made this morning. You have, predictably, failed to deal this and just to reiterate a falsehood.

5 hours ago, kick it off said:

Sorry, I went to China in the summer and found it to be a pretty vile culture.... they then gave the world a pandemic due to eating disgusting ****, and now they have approved a "treatment" for the disease they caused by eating weird ****... the "treatment" is an injection of bear bile, goat horn and herbs.... DO THEY NOT ****ING LEARN? What in the actual **** is wrong with them?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52130552?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5e859d574e049e066f596657%26China approves bear bile as treatment%262020-04-02T08%3A19%3A55.873Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:ec6be682-5f4f-48ca-a4f3-e88491a984e4&pinned_post_asset_id=5e859d574e049e066f596657&pinned_post_type=share

Absolute ****.

edit: see you next Tuesdays

Edited by JF

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

569 deaths today

Ya its another new high, but actually the deaths in Netherlands and Belgium today, once again, if you go by nation population, is worse then the UK.  Belgium 189 deaths...Netherlands 166..these are almost Spain proportions.

Likely sad milestones  will be reached later tonight...1 million cases globally, also 50,000 deaths. Also Germany will reach 1,000 deaths, yes lower than here but their daily deaths have been reaching new highs every day to.