Jump to content
Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Recommended Posts

Thought we would be left out of tier 3 for a while longer but itv local news just said Birmingham, Walsall ( that’s us ), Wolverhampton, Sandwell and Solihull likely to go to tier 3 as early as Monday. That’s just about every major area above Coventry in tier 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teemu 

If you feel Covid doesn’t exist you should move to the North. So far we have lost 2 relatives and we are about to go into tier 3 to protect the South from getting the tsunami.

With the greatest of respect when it gets to where you live you will realise that Covid does exist.

I appreciate everyone has their own views but convincing people Covid does not exist is not helpful.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

it'd be good to see some scenarios of outdoor activities on this. Things like going to the footy with 30% capacity or having a drink around a table with 6 friends outside

Must say TJ I am the very nervous hideaway type in the scenarios ( if that makes sense ) and I must say I am getting more confident outside. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

it'd be good to see some scenarios of outdoor activities on this. Things like going to the footy with 30% capacity or having a drink around a table with 6 friends outside

Yeh, the outdoor scenario’s will be so different won’t they. Ultimately it’s all about reducing risk and lowering the potential for spread. It’s a shame that people don’t seem able to take some basic precautions to look after their own health and that of others. I guess the issue at football grounds is keeping the separation not only in the ground but also in the lead up, entering and exiting the stadium and people shouting and singing.

Astonishing to see the crowd at Bishops Stortford the other night, how on earth can the message be got across when there are such blatant anomalies.

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

A thread and graph to show that Weekly deaths and respiratory deaths are at a normal level for the time of year
 

 

Sorry TRF but I think this is really missing the point.  Covid infections started to rise again in September and have really taken off, by all measures, in October.  There is always a lag between infections, then hospital admissions and increased numbers of deaths are the final outcome of the increases.

 

Sure enough, we're now seeing increased hospital admissions and, finally, increased numbers of deaths.  But the current much higher infection levels will only translate into even higher admissions and deaths after a delay.  And this is despite lots of restrictions across much of the country which are suppressing the level of infection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, It's Character Forming said:

Sorry TRF but I think this is really missing the point.  Covid infections started to rise again in September and have really taken off, by all measures, in October.  There is always a lag between infections, then hospital admissions and increased numbers of deaths are the final outcome of the increases.

 

Sure enough, we're now seeing increased hospital admissions and, finally, increased numbers of deaths.  But the current much higher infection levels will only translate into even higher admissions and deaths after a delay.  And this is despite lots of restrictions across much of the country which are suppressing the level of infection.

Yep, the death figures don’t cast much light on the progress of epidemic atm, I have no problem with people taking alternative views but it would be more helpful to their cause if the data was relevant to what we are dealing with and the way we know things progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Sorry TRF but I think this is really missing the point.  Covid infections started to rise again in September and have really taken off, by all measures, in October.  There is always a lag between infections, then hospital admissions and increased numbers of deaths are the final outcome of the increases.

 

Sure enough, we're now seeing increased hospital admissions and, finally, increased numbers of deaths.  But the current much higher infection levels will only translate into even higher admissions and deaths after a delay.  And this is despite lots of restrictions across much of the country which are suppressing the level of infection.

I didn’t even read the ins sorry.

Did it quote the August figures ? Of course it will show no excess deaths and hopefully they will be kept to a minimum over the winter thanks to our wonderful doctors and nurses.

Main way to slow it will be a vaccine, something he is opposed to taking and persuading others to not take it as well, luckily 80 % of the U.K. do not share that view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

A thread and graph to show that Weekly deaths and respiratory deaths are at a normal level for the time of year
 

 

Respiratory deaths (excluding covid?) are below normal but if you add covid and others together (that is add the blue line to the orange) is it above normal ?

This is a question not a statement by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Must say TJ I am the very nervous hideaway type in the scenarios ( if that makes sense ) and I must say I am getting more confident outside. 

it annoys me that more emphasis isn't being given to promote safe outdoor activities that would otherwise be unsafe inside. I am playing 7 a side football outside once a week to get my fix and everything I have read since the start of the pandemic on outdoor spread reassures me that my risk in that setting is absolutely tiny provided I don't hang around in a big group at the end chatting and laughing away.

In an abnormal time, agile thinking is needed. Perhaps things like having pop up food courts outside should be promoted (with capacity limits clearly) rather than pussyfooting around on what pubs can and can't do.

This is one of the reasons why I think it hasn't taken off as much in many developing nations. They do much of their shopping/trading outdoors in open spaces so while it can look busy and chaotic, its far less susceptible to covid spread than many "safe looking" indoor shops.

I wasn't annoyed about the beaches being pretty full in summer for this precise reason. Yes there is plenty around that that could be unsafe like the toilets and arcades etc. but sunbathing on a reasonably full beach in summer was incredibly low risk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

No spread by fomites!?

Why have I been cleaning everything delivered to the house for so long?!

There are different studies BB. Some say fomites remain an issue. The aerosol research is compelling but it doesn't mean droplets are unimportant. Keep cleaning would be my guidance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

No spread by fomites!?

Why have I been cleaning everything delivered to the house for so long?!

I would still be careful but, the research I have read in the past suggests that virus dna can be found on fomites but not necessary viable virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Well b back said:

Teemu 

If you feel Covid doesn’t exist you should move to the North. So far we have lost 2 relatives and we are about to go into tier 3 to protect the South from getting the tsunami.

With the greatest of respect when it gets to where you live you will realise that Covid does exist.

I appreciate everyone has their own views but convincing people Covid does not exist is not helpful.
 

It’s a thread and graph about covid that’s been posted by somebody that has far more knowledge on the subject than anyone on this thread. It isnt saying covid doesn’t exist is it, it’s showing the situation as of this week. 

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

A thread and graph to show that Weekly deaths and respiratory deaths are at a normal level for the time of year
 

 

This tweet is completely misleading. Last year (and every relevant year before that) we did not have an entire population practising social distancing and shielding methods. This has dramatically reduced the number of respiratory diseases that would normally be passed between people if these suppressing measures were not in place. The fact that death rates are "normal" for the time of year would indicate that without the suppressing measures in place the death rate would be way above "normal".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

This tweet is completely misleading. Last year (and every relevant year before that) we did not have an entire population practising social distancing and shielding methods. This has dramatically reduced the number of respiratory diseases that would normally be passed between people if these suppressing measures were not in place. The fact that death rates are "normal" for the time of year would indicate that without the suppressing measures in place the death rate would be way above "normal".

Perhaps you should take it up with the person that posted it. I’m sure the former Vice President of a giant pharmaceutical company will more than welcome your feedback 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Perhaps you should take it up with the person that posted it. I’m sure the former Vice President of a giant pharmaceutical company will more than welcome your feedback 

I get the feeling he's not interested in the truth. But the facts are the facts, there has been a big decline in many typical respiratory diseases because of the suppressing measures the population have taken since spring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I get the feeling he's not interested in the truth. But the facts are the facts, there has been a big decline in many typical respiratory diseases because of the suppressing measures the population have taken since spring. 

So the masks stop flu but not covid!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Delia saying it's time to open up the football or the smaller clubs will go bust.

Actually think it's already too late for that, enjoy your life hidden away

0.23% overall deaths

0.05% deaths under 70

Good job covicowards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Did the government get this wrong or did the people ignore the government?

I'll give you one guess !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bagster said:

So the masks stop flu but not covid!

 

so very very dumb! Try researching the epidemiology before you say such foolish things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

It’s a thread and graph about covid that’s been posted by somebody that has far more knowledge on the subject than anyone on this thread. It is saying covid doesn’t exist is it, it’s showing the situation as of this week. 

A man who refused to wear a face covering after believing false conspiracy theories about Covid-19 has said battling the virus was "the worst two weeks" of his life.

Trevor Jones from Bolton, in north west England, said he initially believed others who told him coronavirus was "man flu" or linked to the 5G network, but became gravely ill after testing positive in September.

He received critical care in hospital and said he "lost a stone and a half in 12 days".

He said his experience had changed his perspective on the virus and how seriously it should be taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'll give you one guess !

 

Just  looked it up.    Isolation on return from Spain requires since 26 July.   This strain first detected in northern Spain in June. 

Government should probably have been more cautious (though at cost clearly) but most infections probably spread by people not isolating as required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Testing new record today also test capacity now approaching half a million a day

347k  tests

24405 - 274         7days ago 20530       14 days ago  15650

 

Inpatients  10708    up 400,    since yesterday

 

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Yesterdays European. 

Italy           26831 - 217 another highest yet     

France      47637 - 235

Spain        23580 - 173     

Germany  18732 - 76 another highest in Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ImageImage

Its grim up north.

pretty much on the floor still in our neck of the woods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A man who refused to wear a face covering after believing false conspiracy theories about Covid-19 has said battling the virus was "the worst two weeks" of his life.

Trevor Jones from Bolton, in north west England, said he initially believed others who told him coronavirus was "man flu" or linked to the 5G network, but became gravely ill after testing positive in September.

He received critical care in hospital and said he "lost a stone and a half in 12 days".

He said his experience had changed his perspective on the virus and how seriously it should be taken.

 

 

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A man who refused to wear a face covering after believing false conspiracy theories about Covid-19 has said battling the virus was "the worst two weeks" of his life.

Trevor Jones from Bolton, in north west England, said he initially believed others who told him coronavirus was "man flu" or linked to the 5G network, but became gravely ill after testing positive in September.

He received critical care in hospital and said he "lost a stone and a half in 12 days".

He said his experience had changed his perspective on the virus and how seriously it should be taken.

Nobody is saying it doesn’t exist, again it was a graph and a thread which was an interesting read by a person who is as knowledgeable on the subject as any member of the sage group that is advising the government. He is of the opinion that there are many misdiagnosis within the deaths. There was a story midweek about a youngster in Ireland who died and it went down on the stats as Ireland’s youngest covid death. His family have come out and said that he didn’t die of covid and his name shouldn’t have been used a covid statistic 

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...