Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

YF is right, a circuit break will slow things down but in the absence of any proposals as to what the time bought will be used for its all rhetoric, from both sides. Comments like we need a circuit break to "fix track and trace", which I hear from  number of Labour MP's is  as hopeless and no better than what the government are or are not doing. 

This is it.  A full, circuit break, lockdown for 2 weeks will buy a bit of time but unless we do something with that time what is the point?

The plan in March was clear but what do we do now?

• Like 2

295k  tests

18980 - 138  similar to yesterday but 30k more tests

Inpatients  4941 up by 291 since yesterday

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Yesterdays European.

Italy   7332 - 43 rising sharply

France 22591 - 104  new normal?

Spain  11970 - 209 some backdating here

Germany  6063 - 31 rising sharply

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

792 new admissions today!!

Obviously a lot sent home then as hospitalisation numbers only up 291.

Some of course left by the other door.

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I don’t worship politicians, that’s you little lad. Can somebody sort out a safe space for this guy to have a cry because I had a go at Kier “all the rooms in his giant house are painted beige” Starmer. Grow up.

So you see failure after failure, epic corruption, grand incompetence and a PM completely out his depth and all you can do is whine "but, but Labour"?! How about actually blaming the people in charge for once instead of passing the buck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

So you see failure after failure, epic corruption, grand incompetence and a PM completely out his depth and all you can do is whine "but, but Labour"?! How about actually blaming the people in charge for once instead of passing the buck.

Very happy to blame them for their part in this. The tories have done an awful job but in a national, actually international situation labour have shown what they really are. The party of “protest”. No solutions, no action. Just endless moaning. 

unelectable, and the reason the tories will be in power for another generation

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

So let me get this right

we all have to lock down, even if we are in a lower risk area, just because you live in a disgusting hell hole city where nobody can wash their hands properly?

yeah, alright Andrew Burnham. When people die in Manchester it’s on you. Speccy t@&t is bending over and taking it hard from Starmer. Labour really are rats aren’t they. 

I live in a hell hole city. Am I disgusting and am I someone who doesn't wash my hands properly? Just wanted to know how I am labelled.

They've given a solution, using the advice of the government's own scientists. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I live in a hell hole city. Am I disgusting and am I someone who doesn't wash my hands properly? Just wanted to know how I am labelled.

The virus is spreading in high density population areas. Wash your hands.

53 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Obviously a lot sent home then as hospitalisation numbers only up 291.

Some of course left by the other door.

The back door is being propped open as we speak.

13 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The back door is being propped open as we speak.

a lot don't even make it into hospital. Much of the very frail population that cop it die pretty quickly and prefer to live out their final hours at home. Thats what my mate was suggesting who is a GP that has dealt with some of these cases. Think about how frail some of these people are in the first place

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Boris will be out on his own soon, NI about to circuit break, Wales about to announce it and Scotland considering it.

Who’s paying for it?

18 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

a lot don't even make it into hospital. Much of the very frail population that cop it die pretty quickly and prefer to live out their final hours at home.

I don’t blame them!

Where is the evidence that the previous lockdown had any more than a marginal effect?  There isn't any.  None.  A ten year old child could have told them that the infection rate was bound to start rising in the autumn, just as it declined to near zero in the summer despite packed beaches, mass street protests and no compulsory mask-wearing in shops.  Covid didn't arrive from outer space.  It's a new member of an old family of viruses and is behaving in a similar way, as ought to have been expected.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Where is the evidence that lockdown has any more than a marginal effect?  There isn't any.  None.  

That would be because we haven’t had one yet.

• Confused 1

Just now, Van wink said:

That would be because we haven’t had one yet.

We had one earlier this year and it’s financially devastated us. I know you want 2 weeks off “work” but can’t you just book it off?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

You’ve made the mistake of thinking I support Boris Johnson. It’s a common trait amongst generic labour supporters like you. Kier Starmer tells you what to think, you oblige, how intelligent of you.

The problem is more complex than scientific advice. A scientist has no further responsibility beyond declaring “lock everything down” it’s true, it’s work in controlling the virus. Shutting the whole world down for a few months would kill the virus immediately, of course itd devastate the world in different ways and that’s where political decisions come in.

Kier Starmer is in the luxurious position of not having to actually deal with this very serious problem. Now he’s taken the opportunity to attack because he was becoming known as being a leader of the opposition that does nothing. I believe the term “beige Kier Starmer” was being banded around. He’s doing this to save his job. It’s about him and his parties votes not saving lives or anything so noble. He is a snake.

it’s not going to work either. The guy headed CPS that’s the level of failure of a human being we are taking about here. Anybody know any coppers or people in criminal prosecutions who can tell the group what CPS is known as commonly in the game? It’s a name that really caught on as a result of his and others in his era who lead the CPS. In fact, I’m willing to say he was probably responsible for delivering the least amount of criminal justice to victims in history, and it’s Carried on since. I mean, people were raped under his tenure and people walked free in record numbers.

😂😂😂 I think you probably greater overestimate your own intelligence and therefore tend to underestimate others or at least make very foolish assumptions about them, but let's take those points in order.

Firstly I'm not a Labour supporter and I won't be voting for Starmer when the next election comes around but I nevertheless welcome some competent opposition to our utterly incompetent government - any rational person would given that in our dysfunctional electoral and parliamentary system a properly functioning opposition is our only protection against a corrupt, malign or incompetent government and this one is all three.

I didn't make any mistake about your attitude to Boris Johnson - I'm well aware that you have previously posted along the lines of despising all politicians and that they were all the same. In fact in one particularly risible rant I think you said there was no difference between any of them, although I presume that you don't actually believe that yourself since you're now getting your knickers in a twist over Starmer. In any case you remind me of @Barbe bleu who often points out that he's not a Johnson supporter and yet somehow is always there trying to justify or rationalise Johnson's latest screw up or set of lies.

I burst out laughing at your paragraph starting 'The problem is more complex than scientific advice', not just because it starts with a statement of the blindingly obvious and then continues with a load of nonsense but because it ws no bearing on what I said - you were having a go at Starmer for making a 'political' decision. I was pointing out the equally blindingly obvious that Johnson's decisions are also 'political' (surprising perhaps that politicians in general make political decisions) but that the difference between Johnson and Starmer was that Starmer had a rational basis for his decision and was truthful, Johnson didn't and lied.

No one pretends these decisions are simple - although you give it a good go when you start talking in sweeping generalities (polite term for absolute tripe) like 'Shutting down the whole world for a few months'.  You clearly only deal in headlines and don't bother with the detail otherwise you would know that the scientists and other experts involved are acutely aware of the complexity and mulitplicity of the issues. Your desription of them is a total parody and also flies in the face of what economists with a brain are saying which is that the main factor blocking an economic recovery in this country is not the lockdowns but the complete lack of confidence (primarily amongst consumers)  - confidence which has been undermined both by Johnson's catastrophic handling of the pandemic and his continuously confusing messages and multiple changes of direction.

The rest of your blious rant about Starmer is completely irrelevant IMO. I'm not a fan either but we desparately need an effective Leader of the Opposition and during ten long years of appallingly poor Tory governments Starmer is the best so far by a country mile - I think the vast majority of the country recognises this, and especially Johnson supporters who know it but don't like it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Creative Midfielder said:

😂😂😂 I think you probably greater overestimate your own intelligence and therefore tend to underestimate others or at least make very foolish assumptions about them, but let's take those points in order.

Firstly I'm not a Labour supporter and I won't be voting for Starmer when the next election comes around but I nevertheless welcome some competent opposition to our utterly incompetent government - any rational person would given that in our dysfunctional electoral and parliamentary system a properly functioning opposition is our only protection against a corrupt, malign or incompetent government and this one is all three.

I didn't make any mistake about your attitude to Boris Johnson - I'm well aware that you have previously posted along the lines of despising all politicians and that they were all the same. In fact in one particularly risible rant I think you said there was no difference between any of them, although I presume that you don't actually believe that yourself since you're now getting your knickers in a twist over Starmer. In any case you remind me of @Barbe bleu who often points out that he's not a Johnson supporter and yet somehow is always there trying to justify or rationalise Johnson's latest screw up or set of lies.

I burst out laughing at your paragraph starting 'The problem is more complex than scientific advice', not just because it starts with a statement of the blindingly obvious and then continues with a load of nonsense but because it ws no bearing on what I said - you were having a go at Starmer for making a 'political' decision. I was pointing out the equally blindingly obvious that Johnson's decisions are also 'political' (surprising perhaps that politicians in general make political decisions) but that the difference between Johnson and Starmer was that Starmer had a rational basis for his decision and was truthful, Johnson didn't and lied.

No one pretends these decisions are simple - although you give it a good go when you start talking in sweeping generalities (polite term for absolute tripe) like 'Shutting down the whole world for a few months'.  You clearly only deal in headlines and don't bother with the detail otherwise you would know that the scientists and other experts involved are acutely aware of the complexity and mulitplicity of the issues. Your desription of them is a total parody and also flies in the face of what economists with a brain are saying which is that the main factor blocking an economic recovery in this country is not the lockdowns but the complete lack of confidence (primarily amongst consumers)  - confidence which has been undermined both by Johnson's catastrophic handling of the pandemic and his continuously confusing messages and multiple changes of direction.

The rest of your blious rant about Starmer is completely irrelevant IMO. I'm not a fan either but we desparately need an effective Leader of the Opposition and during ten long years of appallingly poor Tory governments Starmer is the best so far by a country mile - I think the vast majority of the country recognises this, and especially Johnson supporters who know it but don't like it. 

Tl;dr thanks for typing it out though, b1tch.

32 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Who’s paying for it?

Richard Branson 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Where is the evidence that the previous lockdown had any more than a marginal effect?  There isn't any.  None.  A ten year old child could have told them that the infection rate was bound to start rising in the autumn, just as it declined to near zero in the summer despite packed beaches, mass street protests and no compulsory mask-wearing in shops.  Covid did not arrive from outer space.  It's a new member of an old family of viruses and is behaving in a similar way, as ought to have been expected.

Yes its a great shame that people follow their emotions rather than the facts but thats human nature I suppose. There is plenty of evidence to show lockdowns have minimal effect long term. The course of the epidemic follows virtually  the same curve in all countries independent of the severity of lockdown or having no lockdown at all.

An interesting take from Ireland just reinforces this view.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Richard Branson 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

>Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

>Paying for stuff

D6A39069-7811-4DD9-9978-0F1F9D0E4FD2.gif

36 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes its a great shame that people follow their emotions rather than the facts but thats human nature I suppose. There is plenty of evidence to show lockdowns have minimal effect long term. The course of the epidemic follows virtually  the same curve in all countries independent of the severity of lockdown or having no lockdown at all.

An interesting take from Ireland just reinforces this view.

Nail on the head Ricardo.  The politicians (aided by the media) are whipping up people's emotions regardless of the facts and then reinforcing them by restrictions which have very little positive effect and are causing a great deal of collateral damage, some of it irreparable.  Off with their heads!

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Got a lot of time for Burnham but Canary references don’t sound good coming from Manchester.

Burnham is basically right. The area needs T3+ but also the financial support to go with it. One without other just asks for trouble.

Its not politics as MPs of all parties in the area have similar concerns. 

I'm doing my best to ignore the nonsense comments made this evening. Wishful thinking is catching and probably associated with significant excess mortality.

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Burnham is basically right. The area needs T3+ but also the financial support to go with it. One without other just asks for trouble.

Its not politics as MPs of all parties in the area have similar concerns. 

I'm doing my best to ignore the nonsense comments made this evening. Wishful thinking is catching.

“They made fun of politicians I’m obsessed with and it hurt my feelings”

Edited by The Real Buh

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

“They made fun of politicians I’m obsessed with and it hurt my feelings”

Are you talking to yourself ? Best ignored by everybody.

Edited by Yellow Fever