Jump to content
Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Positives drop back to just over 0.6 percent today. ( 1012 )

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Hospitalised now below 1K ( was over 30k)

It’s a relief to see the figures drop back a bit from yesterday, day to day figures I know are not representative of trend but I was concerned when I saw the jump yesterday. Let’s hope we can buck the trend and not follow what’s happening in France and Spain, I am not optimistic but lets see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Positives drop back to just over 0.6 percent today. ( 1012 )

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Hospitalised now below 1K ( was over 30k)

As a vulnerable Ricardo, are you confident or reticent about the next couple of months. Much of the Western world is imposing tougher restrictions again while the UK , maybe behind in the time frame, seems to be ignoring the possibility that there could be problems ahead. Even local outbreaks are serious.

Furlough will end and virtually everything employment wise will be back, but obviously not normal.

Autumn will be upon us although in some ways that could be a relief if people start their hibernation process. And I assume holidays will be over and mass movement will have stopped.

Would you go to Carrow Road even if there is ample social distancing?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

As a vulnerable Ricardo, are you confident or reticent about the next couple of months. Much of the Western world is imposing tougher restrictions again while the UK , maybe behind in the time frame, seems to be ignoring the possibility that there could be problems ahead. Even local outbreaks are serious.

Furlough will end and virtually everything employment wise will be back, but obviously not normal.

Autumn will be upon us although in some ways that could be a relief if people start their hibernation process. And I assume holidays will be over and mass movement will have stopped.

Would you go to Carrow Road even if there is ample social distancing?

 

Yes, I am fairly confident about the next couple of months. We know a lot more about the virus and I think most of us are being careful in our everday actions. Crowded coffee shops and supermarkets are now something I purposefully avoid. I used to enjoy the occasional pint at lunchtime but have not been in a pub since March. 

I think it is important to keep abreast of developments in your local area and tailor your actions to local information. I think we are fairly safe here in Norwich and Norfolk at the moment. As to football,  I would be quite happy to go to a socially distanced CR while the rate of infection remains very low.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to my local council owned cinama/cafe just for a quick coffee. I'm not sure if the rigamarole of taking my name, giving me a number, showing me to the cafe and showing me to a seat was worth it for a £2 brew.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herman said:

I went to my local council owned cinama/cafe just for a quick coffee. I'm not sure if the rigamarole of taking my name, giving me a number, showing me to the cafe and showing me to a seat was worth it for a £2 brew.😀

Well, we all have to push the boat out now and again.😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Van wink said:

It’s a relief to see the figures drop back a bit from yesterday, day to day figures I know are not representative of trend but I was concerned when I saw the jump yesterday. Let’s hope we can buck the trend and not follow what’s happening in France and Spain, I am not optimistic but lets see.

Are Spain and France’s death rates going up yet?

I saw Spain had a “spike” to 26 deaths but they had a similar one off “spike” on 4 August then dropped back immediately to 0-3, and they’ve had random “spikes” to 17, 18 for one off days throughout June and July (I say random - not sure if they’re something like our ‘bank holiday spikes’). Has there been any sustained increase in daily deaths anywhere in Europe though? Presume there must have been somewhere?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jools said:

The vitamin D deficient and virus susceptible folk of Manchester celebrating their independence day last night:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC_blano/status/1294594057382092801

 

Make your mind up Jools. One minute they are not really British and the next minute they are.

Which one is it?

And just to disappoint you Jools, Police said no arrests were made either in Manchester or London.

Yes they were bleddy effin stupid to congregate like that. Just miss the celebration for a year instead of risking your and everyone elses health. No respect for them for that at all. Mindless fools.

Afzal Khan, the Labour MP for Gorton and Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons, said those who took part had shown disrespect to the residents of Rusholme and 'put us all at risk' by ignoring coronavirus lockdown rules.

Disappointed, frustrated and angered with the appalling behaviour on Wilmslow Road last night," he wrote.

Happy with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aggy said:

Are Spain and France’s death rates going up yet?

I saw Spain had a “spike” to 26 deaths but they had a similar one off “spike” on 4 August then dropped back immediately to 0-3, and they’ve had random “spikes” to 17, 18 for one off days throughout June and July (I say random - not sure if they’re something like our ‘bank holiday spikes’). Has there been any sustained increase in daily deaths anywhere in Europe though? Presume there must have been somewhere?

 

Not sure on the death rates Aggy and that’s a fair question. Another fair question is why if infections are going up are hospitalisations and subsequent death rates not increasing. There are theories but as far as I am aware nothing proven. Your argument seems to me to be always driven by consideration of the number of deaths, which is fair to a point, my thoughts tend to go back to first principals based on our experience so far, that being if infections rise in due course hospitalisations and deaths will follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Van wink said:

Not sure on the death rates Aggy and that’s a fair question. Another fair question is why if infections are going up are hospitalisations and subsequent death rates not increasing. There are theories but as far as I am aware nothing proven. Your argument seems to me to be always driven by consideration of the number of deaths, which is fair to a point, my thoughts tend to go back to first principals based on our experience so far, that being if infections rise in due course hospitalisations and deaths will follow. 


My argument is that the “economy vs lives” debate is a very different debate to the “economy vs having three days in bed with a bit of flu” debate.

If there is clear evidence that infections in the community are actually rising (and we’re not just seeing an increase due to increased testing identifying numbers that have always been there), and there’s clear evidence that the genuine increase of infections will lead to more deaths, then yes there’s a clear argument for increased restrictions to save lives.

As it is currently, despite an increase in infections multiple places in Europe, I haven’t seen deaths significantly increase anywhere. I have seen testing ramped up significantly everywhere. The infections have been rising in some countries for over a month yet no significant increase in deaths. It’s probably too simplistic to attribute it all to the testing, but if it’s something else (such as the virus becoming weaker), then that can only be good news too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2020 at 19:41, Van wink said:

Billy, I posted a small section of a new contract I was sent, I did that genuinely as thought others may be interested to see how T and T is changing. 
As for your question, I have no idea why they have used the same phrase that they used in other contracts, other than the very obvious observation that contracts are not written from scratch each time, and that HR use standard phrases that may appear in many contracts.

But the 'they' in question is Serco, or Sitel. The contract tracers as you claim to be one of are not employed by the NHS, so there would be no NHS contract to be signed.

That is why I know you are, once again, lying.

In fact what has been changed is that "allocating roles to regional teams to work with councils, after criticism that the centrally run system was failing to tackle local outbreaks."

Nothing about private staff being moved to the NHS, or even moved around the country.

However it matters little what you post about my supposed behaviour, be it you or as RTB/BB. What does matter is that the evidence of your lying is put forward

What others make of it is up to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bill said:

But the 'they' in question is Serco, or Sitel. The contract tracers as you claim to be one of are not employed by the NHS, so there would be no NHS contract to be signed.

That is why I know you are, once again, lying.

In fact what has been changed is that "allocating roles to regional teams to work with councils, after criticism that the centrally run system was failing to tackle local outbreaks."

Nothing about private staff being moved to the NHS, or even moved around the country.

However it matters little what you post about my supposed behaviour, be it you or as RTB/BB. What does matter is that the evidence of your lying is put forward

What others make of it is up to them

If you don’t know what your talking about, which you clearly don’t,  it’s better to keep quite Billy. I am employed by NHS Professionals.

ps the others are right and you are wrong🤫

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Van wink said:

If you don’t know what your talking about, which you clearly don’t,  it’s better to keep quite Billy. I am employed by the NHS.

ps the others are right and you are wrong🤫

There are no others, unless you count RTB,BB and Ben10

What I am talking about is what those in the UK already know,

Track and trace has been run by Serco or Sitel - not the NHShere has been no new contract issued to NHS staff requiring them to re-locate if necessary

Local track and trace will now be down by local existing staff

This can easily be found out by any curious enough to check.

That you have been unable to provide any evidence that backs your claim, and which runs counter to everything known should just push others towards seeing your guff as another one of your lies,

 

But do feel free to post up more of that contract, maybe the date and department covering this. Rates of pay, your job title (house fibber) and under which health authority you will be employed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Bill said:

There are no others, unless you count RTB,BB and Ben10

What I am talking about is what those in the UK already know,

Track and trace has been run by Serco or Sitel - not the NHShere has been no new contract issued to NHS staff requiring them to re-locate if necessary

Local track and trace will now be down by local existing staff

This can easily be found out by any curious enough to check.

That you have been unable to provide any evidence that backs your claim, and which runs counter to everything known should just push others towards seeing your guff as another one of your lies,

 

But do feel free to post up more of that contract, maybe the date and department covering this. Rates of pay, your job title (house fibber) and under which health authority you will be employed

 

I’m employed by NHS professionals Billy, tier two clinical contact tracer. 👍  
You stand alone in your ignorance 😀

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Chrissake don't  keep winding him up. He'll be off to Rennes knocking on doors and asking for Bagster next.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure who is supposed to be being wound up, but you do seem to be getting a little over wrought

I wouldn't get yourself too excited - hand cranks lies, we are used to it

he did attend the Uruguay round of Gatt talks, and was once a senior NHS manager............. honestly 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Calm down Bill, I hope you’re  keeping that face covered. I don’t want to have to be giving you a call 😉

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new UK public  health agency based on the German model. A start but will not work alone. Just needs to add an intelligent leader. A modern political system. A decent education system. A functioning healthcare system. A body to fight right wing extremism. A modern infrastructure system. And a reformed economic structure.  Then the UK may not end up having one of the worst health and economic responses to  a pandemic in the world. Quite why people want these people to have more power to kill more people and more jobs is a mystery.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

No Perspex screen then 😁

Maybe I should have put that link in the Come On Sarah thread. 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herman said:

Maybe I should have put that link in the Come On Sarah thread. 😮

The remark about plasterers radios was quite sufficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Herman said:

A bit of a conundrum. How do you trace hundreds of people when a large proportion will not be happy to be traced??😀

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/16/canada-toronto-strip-club-brass-rail-tavern-covid-19

All/many/some left contact details at the club (I'm not sure whether it was a legal requirement)

Who would've thought there were so many men called John Doe in Toronto...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bill said:

But the 'they' in question is Serco, or Sitel. The contract tracers as you claim to be one of are not employed by the NHS, so there would be no NHS contract to be signed.

That is why I know you are, once again, lying.

In fact what has been changed is that "allocating roles to regional teams to work with councils, after criticism that the centrally run system was failing to tackle local outbreaks."

Nothing about private staff being moved to the NHS, or even moved around the country.

However it matters little what you post about my supposed behaviour, be it you or as RTB/BB. What does matter is that the evidence of your lying is put forward

What others make of it is up to them

 Looks as if there are a few shifts available for tomorrow Billy. NHS Professionals👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Van wink said:

I’m employed by NHS professionals Billy, tier two clinical contact tracer. 👍  
You stand alone in your ignorance 😀

and yet a few weeks back you were telling us of a hard shift tracing folk - yet that work was ONLY being carried out by Serco or Sitel not the NHS

NHS professional is for .... professionals. , it is not an agency for unqualified herberts to join as a professional

But do keep digging...... it does make for hilarious reading 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d have a little bet with you Billy, for a good charity, trouble is I know you never pay up, like you didn’t last time you lost😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

curious that you and RTB should both peddle that lie

as the other one about me stealing £1000 from the Legion

however if you have evidence of either please feel free to post it up

as to a bet I will bet yu any sum you wish that you have no evidence of either because both are lies

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Three shifts available tomorrow when I last looked Billy, and you’re right, NHS Professionals is for professionals,  like me 😉

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...