Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

A quick check shows that there will be numerous groups exempt from this buffoonery

Rather like having a smoking ban in the pubs that only applies to certain smokers and is not enforced

Meanwhile every other area is free to do as it pleases, if only that there is no enforcement , just as there won't be in shops

"John Apter, National Chair of the Police Federation of England and Wales, said  "To expect my colleagues to be policing the supermarket aisles, looking for those shoppers not wearing a face covering, is unrealistic and unfair," he said.

“We simply don’t have the resources, and this would fundamentally undermine the model of policing which is to police by consent."

And as the shops have said, not only will they not be enforcing it, but their staff will not have to wear a mask either.

Only hand crank in all his ignorance can not see the flaw in all that.

Either make that, and all the other measures mandatory and enforceable, or not. As all this does is undermine the message of necessary precautions.

Just now, Bill said:

A quick check shows that there will be numerous groups exempt from this buffoonery

Rather like having a smoking ban in the pubs that only applies to certain smokers and is not enforced

Meanwhile every other area is free to do as it pleases, if only that there is no enforcement , just as there won't be in shops

"John Apter, National Chair of the Police Federation of England and Wales, said  "To expect my colleagues to be policing the supermarket aisles, looking for those shoppers not wearing a face covering, is unrealistic and unfair," he said.

“We simply don’t have the resources, and this would fundamentally undermine the model of policing which is to police by consent."

And as the shops have said, not only will they not be enforcing it, but their staff will not have to wear a mask either.

Only hand crank in all his ignorance can not see the flaw in all that.

Either make that, and all the other measures mandatory and enforceable, or not. As all this does is undermine the message of necessary precautions.

There is no flaw in the principal that wearing masks reduces the risk of spread of infection. Now run along and have another argument with yourself there’s a good chap, do come back when you have learned to be a good boy!

Oh look, hand crank is lying again

Don't address the points made but invent something else and argue against that instead

one of the means by which others have identified you as being BB and RTB

s I tend to think that John Apter, National Chair of the Police Federation of England and Wales and various spokesmen for large retail outlets know a bit more that some nutter stuck out in France, so I shall pay heed to their words

I’ve addressed the point from the start of this thread and throughout the other one Billy, the wearing of  face masks is a useful public health intervention to reduce the  risk of spread of the virus. Your constant efforts to ridicule and undermine those taking the correct action to protect others is sad but not out of character.

Lying yet again

You have not addressed the point being made,

The constant inconsistency of your government putting out contradictory messages

Requiring shoppers to wear cloth of dubious use, while having no means of enforcement and allowing many in the shop not to have to follow that mandate - similarly not applying it to every other closed space

The requirement to use  a hand cleanser before entering a shop, the safe distancing and strict instructions about how often you can touch an item have all been forgotten.,,,, this side of the channel, anyway

There is no enforcement of this requirement on any transport either

So when you are able to come up with a reasoned argument as to why there is not a problem with those failings then post away.

Until then don't post up lies instead

So no answer, yet again.... hardly unexpected

now why not give BB or RTB a run out instead ?

34 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I’ve addressed the point from the start of this thread and throughout the other one Billy, the wearing of  face masks is a useful public health intervention to reduce the  risk of spread of the virus. Your constant efforts to ridicule and undermine those taking the correct action to protect others is sad but not out of character.

Why are you bothering? 

5 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Why are you bothering? 

Damn, I had it certain to be RTB

still it does excuse you from having to deal with losing another argument

18 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Why are you bothering? 

That’s a fair question, I respond less and less these days because it’s like having a discussion with a 4 year old. But when he constantly tries to undermine the public health message I almost feel as if I don’t have any choice, but that will be it for now.👍

Edited by Van wink

I am not objecting to others wearing a mask, nor if a shop required me to - their business, their rules

What I am pointing out is the inconsistencies and about turns

This has not gone away and so the measures previously required still need to be adhered to. Unfortunately folk are not, on the basis that they are being lied to, certain 'privileged folk are excused and the whole thing is a shambles

However now off to Aldi where I will be the only one cleaning his hands, if it is still there, avoiding handling stuff that I am not going to buy and social distancing as much as possible

I can assure you virtually no one else does - and therein lies the problem

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2020 at 01:14, Bill said:

oh dear, the numpties won't like this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-52287761/coronavirus-should-i-wear-a-mask-to-stop-the-virus

visited Aldi this evening - the security guard who I usually have a joke with didn't have his mask on - I had called him Hannibal Lecter last time

it appears a nurse told him the other day that he should get everyone entering the shop to use the sanitiser they use to clean the trolley handles, to clean your hands before and after you leave the shop, they now use a trolly with four hand pump bottles available

she also had a look at his mask and said that won't stop anything

......oddly enough they had ran out of garlic cloves when I looked, thankfully I still had my wooden cross made out of lollipop sticks.....and the budgie mirror I got off Ebay

so with the medieval chant I am learning  I feel quite safe now

All that hubris. And now in just another week the security guard you mocked will be enforcing you wearing a mask too Bill. Hopefully it hides your red cheeks.

5 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

All that hubris. And now in just another week the security guard you mocked will be enforcing you wearing a mask too Bill. Hopefully it hides your red cheeks.

So you joined 15 minutes ago to reply to a post I made 3 months ago

You are too obvious at times, hand crank

and too clueless all of the time

as shops have already said they will not be enforcing this

neither is it a week

ps imagine having to trawl through all of my past posts..... just to get it wrong again 🤣

otherwise from thise who do know

"Some of the Government's most senior advisers have warned that face coverings can give people a false sense of security and lead to over-reliance on "ineffective homemade masks" rather than thorough hand hygiene.

The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) says incorrect use of coverings - such as putting them on incorrectly, touching the face more than normal and reusing dirty ones - could increase the spread of infection."

pretty much what Bill has stated, and in contradiction of the twaddle hand crank has been spouting

"The Government .....guidance states they do not protect the wearer but may protect others if people are infected but have not yet developed symptoms."

Seems clear enough to me

25 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Don’t get confused between Bill and Ben

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Don’t get confused between Bill and Ben

Maybe Ben is Bill?  With 90% having bill on mute he needs someone to argue with

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Don't be a Desmond.

“Enforcement will be largely undertaken by the British people themselves”.... not sure what I think about that. Does almost suggest it isn’t going to be enforced. And  can’t say I particularly approve of a cabinet minister suggesting the general public should be enforcing the law itself...

6 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Maybe Ben is Bill?  With 90% having bill on mute he needs someone to argue with

He’s lost his touch and moved from devious to obvious. 😉

16 minutes ago, Aggy said:

“Enforcement will be largely undertaken by the British people themselves”.... not sure what I think about that. Does almost suggest it isn’t going to be enforced. And  can’t say I particularly approve of a cabinet minister suggesting the general public should be enforcing the law itself...

Aye it is a bit of an odd statement. It's not up to the public to enforce anything. Police can enforce, shops can refuse entry, the public can tut loudly and that's it.

26 minutes ago, Herman said:

Aye it is a bit of an odd statement. It's not up to the public to enforce anything. Police can enforce, shops can refuse entry, the public can tut loudly and that's it.

As I have said - another shambles which only leads to more scepticism and mistrust from the public

More so when barely 48 hours before Gove was saying the opposite

This latest diktat will go the way of so many of the others, slowly ignored to the point of indifference

When action is needed it will be hard to get people to take notice

A shambles that is playing with people's lives

10 hours ago, Aggy said:

But why isn’t it compulsory in restaurants and pubs? Or anywhere in public to be honest... presumably under the new rules, you can queue up outside Sainsburys without your mask, cough over as many people as you want, then put it on inside? Bill says above that shop staff don’t have to wear a mask (not seen that so don’t know if true) - but if true why don’t they? Are they getting tested every time they go into work? No - so why are they really any different to anyone else?

Because in a restaurant you would have to remove - or at least move the mask to one side - every time you wished to put food or drink into your mouth.

And then you would be back on here whining about how difficult that was.

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Because in a restaurant you would have to remove - or at least move the mask to one side - every time you wished to put food or drink into your mouth.

And then you would be back on here whining about how difficult that was.

16 hours ago, Aggy said:

One (fairly obvious actually) point I’ve just thought of whilst typing this to be fair, is that I suppose you’d have to temporarily remove the mask to eat and drink anyway, so pretty pointless in restaurants and pubs.... but even so, I do think it’s a bit weird that you can be fined for not wearing a mask in a shop where you browse for a short period of time and tend not to face people too much, then go next door, and perfectly legally sit inside around other people for a prolonged period of time, have a chat over a coffee, splutter  wherever you want all without a mask.

For me, it should have been wear one in all indoor public spaces. Full stop. Staff as well. 

Err, try harder. 🙄

Enjoy the sunshine and being outdoors during the summer chaps, make the most of it and stay safe.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Enjoy the sunshine and being outdoors during the summer chaps, make the most of it and stay safe.

Do I need to wear a mask outdoors?

38 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Do I need to wear a mask outdoors?

With a face like yours........ 

• Haha 1

Another day, more vindication of Bill's words

You can sit in a pub mask free, but buying a takeaway coffee requires a mask

Although supposedly mandatory, it will not be enforced anywhere

If you feel it would cause you distress you can be excused

Children under age 11 are not expected to wear a mask, and no one is required to abide by any social distancing or  sanitise their hands at any point

As to the material it can be a string vest, as long as it goes across your mouth and nose.

Absolute nonsense, that does nothing bar bring law into disregard.... with all the consequent problems

Doing well. And Stevenage has the largest hospital in the area, so to have big fat zeroes is fantastic.👍

I wonder what happened in Herefordshire?