Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Ok seems you people have little to no experience in ADHD or autism

I'll give some examples

My son during the lockdown decided for some unknown reason to unplug his phone so no one could get hold of him.

Five days later all the family is in panic mode, aswell as his work

My eldest daughter drove 60 miles, knocked on his door, no answer, she is now in floods of tears. She then goes to his work and no one is there, she is in a state.

At that moment he walks around the corner, he has literally no clue why everyone is upset.... zero, he's perplexed

I even find him strange and I'm strange 🙂

He thinks differently to me, I don't always understand it but I accept it.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

You've turned into Jools,Bagster. Lots of whataboutery and yeah-buttery but no real admittance of making mistakes. If he had held his hands up apologised we may have moved on. He dug deep instead dragging the PM and sundry lickspittles down with him.

He won't see it Herman, it's the point I'm trying to make.

5 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Well no 

He didn't do any of that did he?

You just made that up

He drove to Durham and then to Durham castle

You said " he didnt harm anyone " I just gave you a few examples of other reprehensible  behaviour  that may do harm , but may not....if you are lucky enough to get away with it. He thought he'd  got away with it ...he was wrong.  His demeanour  at having his actions questioned  spoke volumes . ... and I'm an avid reader.

https://www.wddty.com/magazine/2020/june/natural-virus-killers.html

Moving away from the Cummings thing, this article is fascinating (and long) and chimes with a report I've read recently about lockdown and it's potential screening effects. I never knew viruses were as ubiquitous as they obviously are.

Interesting suggestions on how to deal with viruses when we contract them too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I have no empathy for the fact that he is barely human.

Nice , anything else hateful you'd like to add or are you done

9 minutes ago, Bagster said:

They were terrible examples, if he behaved like that I wouldn't take his side

Only to you are they terrible examples because  you surely know they are behaviours  that could well cause harm to others , just  as Cummins did. A test drive with wife and child in the car to see if his vision was ok....to a Beauty spot ...on his wife's birthday. Yeah right. Would love to hear what you would say if Corbyn or Starmer did the same..... I  guess we'll  never know but I know where I'd put my  money. Prob best to back down while you still have an iota of credibility....unless you enjoy being ridiculed, apparently that is a 'thing ' for some people. Just as some think they are above decent behaviour.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

20 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

In some ways one of the most remarkable incidents happened right at the beginning of this saga.

It was Cummings' reaction to finding out Boris had Covid 19:

he ran. Ran clean out the door of no. 10.

Now that is not a normal reaction. Did anyone else react like that? Given the closeness of his working with Johnson (& many others) he must have realised his chances of being infected were sky high, but running away like that?

To put it bluntly, I reckon he was soiling himself. I think that was his frame of mind when he decided to get out ASAP.

I think he's odd. I think his personality displays aspects of autism, & his reaction suggests to me that he doesn't deal rationally with the threat of illness. If so it would go some way to explain, if not excuse, his subsequent actions.

He ran out of Downing St to go home when he heard his wife was ill.

1 minute ago, Bagster said:

Nice , anything else hateful you'd like to add or are you done

I'd like to add loads.

The style of our current Government has been described as pugilistic, and that style has been set by DC. This was summed up as "never apologise, never admit anything and attack the questioner." I for one believe that having the humility to apologise when wrong, admitting to mistakes and conducting oneself in a civilised way are central to being a properly formed human being.

DC is none of these things, so in my opinion he is barely human.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

He ran out of Downing St to go home when he heard his wife was ill.

I was referencing The Mirror:

Dominic Cummings was spotted running away from Downing Street after news broke that Boris Johnson had coronavirus.

The Prime Minister's top aide was seen dashing out of the door of Number 10 as the news broke that his boss would be entering quarantine for 7 days.

Wearing a green jacket and carrying a large laptop bag, Mr Cummings ran across Downing Street towards a set of steps at the end of the road, leading to the street's back gate.

3 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I'd like to add loads.

The style of our current Government has been described as pugilistic, and that style has been set by DC. This was summed up as "never apologise, never admit anything and attack the questioner." I for one believe that having the humility to apologise when wrong, admitting to mistakes and conducting oneself in a civilised way are central to being a properly formed human being.

DC is none of these things, so in my opinion he is barely human.

In that case half the people I've ever met are barely human. It would also apply to a lot of posters on here.

• Like 2

Infection rate still to high for T and T imo. To early to be significantly easing off on lockdown.

Edited by Van wink

11 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Infection rate still to high for T and T imo. To early to be significantly easing off on lockdown.

If there is one plus in all of this, it's got to be surely that there has been a huge amount of learning that has taken place and will help in the future.

Clearly we have not been ready but surely we will be better prepared for any new waves?

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is there a lockdown? Not so , judging by the actions of the man that wrote the rules, they can do whatever  they like and because politics is so divisive some would stoop to support them rather than admit that the person they support has f ucked up. This is why we teach our children to come clean if theyve messed up . We deal with it and move on. We do not teach them to deny , obfuscate and deflect. 

There are some principles that are non negotiable. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I was referencing The Mirror:

Dominic Cummings was spotted running away from Downing Street after news broke that Boris Johnson had coronavirus.

The Prime Minister's top aide was seen dashing out of the door of Number 10 as the news broke that his boss would be entering quarantine for 7 days.

Wearing a green jacket and carrying a large laptop bag, Mr Cummings ran across Downing Street towards a set of steps at the end of the road, leading to the street's back gate.

Ah, apologies, you are right, although looking at the coverage it wasn’t clear that he was running away because Johnson had tested positive. The one report I have quickly seen doesn’t link the two. He may just have been in a hurry to get somewhere for an unconnected reason.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

He may just have been in a hurry to get somewhere for an unconnected reason

Late for an eye test?

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

If there is one plus in all of this, it's got to be surely that there has been a huge amount of learning that has taken place and will help in the future.

Clearly we have not been ready but surely we will be better prepared for any new waves?

8000 new infections a day, far to high to be doing what’s proposed.

31 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Only to you are they terrible examples because  you surely know they are behaviours  that could well cause harm to others , just  as Cummins did. A test drive with wife and child in the car to see if his vision was ok....to a Beauty spot ...on his wife's birthday. Yeah right. Would love to hear what you would say if Corbyn or Starmer did the same..... I  guess we'll  never know but I know where I'd put my  money. Prob best to back down while you still have an iota of credibility....unless you enjoy being ridiculed, apparently that is a 'thing ' for some people. Just as some think they are above decent behaviour.  

Oh yes sir, I'll back down because it would really upset me if you didn't think I had any credibility.

Believe what you want to believe I really don't care but your examples were ridiculous.

You also don't know the exact fact about his eye sight , how bad it was or whether it would be affected by duration, if so he could stop.

You make conclusions without knowing real facts.

You then get angry and insulting when someone offers a different view 

Get a grip of yourself Karen 😉

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

S. Korea.

Re-imposed lock down.

2nd wave anybody ?

Is it “lockdown”? Only thing I’ve read said museums and parks were closing again, not that people were being forced to stay indoors again.

Vallance.

"Antibody surveys estimate that under 7% of people have antibodies to the virus, meaning the “vast majority” are still vulnerable, he adds."

I think we can really forget about 'herd immunity anytime soon. 

Boris has just drawn a line under it.

I guess we have debated enough. I fail to see why any member of the public would defend someone who admitted breaking the rules which was confirmed by Durham Constabulary, but lawyers have to defend murderers.

4 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Oh yes sir, I'll back down because it would really upset me if you didn't think I had any credibility.

Believe what you want to believe I really don't care but your examples were ridiculous.

You also don't know the exact fact about his eye sight , how bad it was or whether it would be affected by duration, if so he could stop.

You make conclusions without knowing real facts.

You then get angry and insulting when someone offers a different view 

Get a grip of yourself Karen 😉

Now who's getting touchy?  You have no idea about his eyesight  but unless you are devoid of intelligence  then I think you may agree that a test drive with wife and child is not the best way to find out, crass stupidity... and we are supposed to believe in this man ?

I have never been  called Karen and as for credibility  , I'm willing to wager I'm not the only person that is completely confused as to why you want to defend him. 

Just as it was only the Binners that thought Lambert behaved reasonably at Carrow  rd....

Blind Loyalty  (for now anyway) anyone?

1 minute ago, Bagster said:

I suppose that was aimed at me Keelan?

I offered a different viewpoint that's all

I look at it from a different angle because that's how my brain works

I'm sorry if that offends anyone 

Maybe you should rebuild the gas chambers and gas the minority ;

Anyhow I've said my piece , judge away

Until the next time 🙂

No one understands me!  Wah wah. Man up and admit you were trying to defend the indefensible.  Lawyers  have an excuse.....they get paid to do it....what's your excuse?

2 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Until the next time 🙂

I think that you've just broken my "offenderometer".

4 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Speaking as somebody whose grandfather was in a concentration camp that had gas chambers, that he somehow by the twists of fate never ended up in.... I feel quite well founded to say that you can go **** yourself.

I'm not someone who offends easily, or is particularly PC, but there are some things that are not OK and flippant comments about gas chambers is one of them.

7 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Until the next time 🙂

There's a line on this forum, it's often blurred, bent and pushed at, but you've just blown through it.

Do you even appreciate how utterly distasteful and disgusting that comment is?

I concur with KIO, go **** yourself. Reported.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 20:57, BigFish said:

Yep, 60,000+ dead good job. So good that Cyprus are opening their tourist industry for everyone else but banning Brits. Well done for the the most tasteless post on this thread

60000 deaths? That’s not what the ONS have reported. Even with your exaggerated figure that is about 0.09% of the UK population. Tragic for the families concerned but still much less than the annual death rate from cancer for comparison. So yes, well done to the government even if the hard lefties hate it.