Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

It's really very simple.

I suspect the final humiliation will be when all the members of Sage resign including thre CMO etc if Cummings is still in post by Monday. Some people have some morals and principals and will have to make a stand.

The papers and interviews tomorrow will frankly crucify him and by extension Johnson. If there is a cover up too then Johnson himself is a target for resignation.

By the way - did anybody else catch CV-19 in Durham due to the visit ? Prove they didtn't !

The 2-1 bet stands until June 1st

But I fear its a loser.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think you've cornered the outrage market.😉

I hardly think my pointing out Tories (and you righties) lying amounts to outrage

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

And not forgetting Tom Driberg under the the glass coffee table.

The table was glass, but it wasnt Coffee on it. Mind you, the whole story would have been a bit messier without the table. 

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

At least the Liberals went both barrels and murder🧐

Uncle Cyril was chief  whip too under Thorpe so I’m surprised the party got in such a pickle.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The table was glass, but it wasnt Coffee on it. Mind you, the whole story would have been a bit messier without the table. 

It sounds like it was quite a party by all accounts.

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think he lost his deposit

• Haha 3

bank holiday weekend and plod will have the unenviable task of telling to 'lower orders' to observe the lock down rules - against the background of this hypocrisy (and cover up)

Good luck boys (and girls)in blue.

Who knows , you might even have one of your lot even condemning the actions of the man who has made your job that much harder this weekend

. but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one

,..........................tugging your forelock to your betters can handicap typing 😁

anyway off out, as with this cough a stroll along the quay should do wonders - and do stay save, remember 'master knows best'

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Defending him am I?

When Ive already said I dont give  **** and have had 2-1 him going.

Looks like i am going to lose my money.

I wouldn't give up hope entirely yet @RIcardo, looking at ****'s remarks he appears to be claiming he didn't break the rules which is total s**t (but entirely charactaristic of the man) but he also appears to be saying that Durham police are lying - and that, I suspect, more than anything else will throw more petrol on the fire and maybe tilt things slightly your way.

Resignation is so obviously the only right thing to do that it shouldn't even need saying, and in some ways it would be a welcome bit of good news after a very bleak couple of months. But trying to take a longer term view if this most deceitful and incompetent government are going to rally round and keep him that is also very good news as it will ultimately cause them vastly more damage than a quick resignation.

So hasn't happened very often for quite a while but for many of us we actually have a win-win situation 😀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

bank holiday weekend and plod will have the unenviable task of telling to 'lower orders' to observe the lock down rules - against the background of this hypocrisy (and cover up)

Good luck boys (and girls)in blue.

Who knows , you might even have one of your lot even condemning the actions of the man who has made your job that much harder this weekend

. but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one

,..........................tugging your forelock to your betters can handicap typing 😁

anyway off out, as with this cough a stroll along the quay should do wonders - and do stay save, remember 'master knows best'

I take it you will reply to the lie you posted on your return ?

7 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I wouldn't give up hope entirely yet @RIcardo, looking at ****'s remarks he appears to be claiming he didn't break the rules which is total s**t (but entirely charactaristic of the man) but he also appears to be saying that Durham police are lying - and that, I suspect, more than anything else will throw more petrol on the fire and maybe tilt things slightly your way.

Resignation is so obviously the only right thing to do that it shouldn't even need saying, and in some ways it would be a welcome bit of good news after a very bleak couple of months. But trying to take a longer term view if this most deceitful and incompetent government are going to rally round and keep him that is also very good news as it will ultimately cause them vastly more damage than a quick resignation.

So hasn't happened very often for quite a while but for many of us we actually have a win-win situation 😀

Aye, they'll be mulling over the options right now, " close ranks, for sure, the big decision is do we sack him to make ourselves look good,but with possible long term consequences,OR, do we somehow get him to resign and take all responsibly with him." 

Well either he broke the rules or the rules weren't fit for purpose or communicated effectively. It's a **** up either way

19 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Unless they have something else like proof he stopped at a service station I fear the bet is lost.

Yes you are probably right, much better for the opposition that he stays in the long run.

Edited by ricardo

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Unless they have something else like proof he stopped at a service station I fear the bet is lost.

Maybe, but flying off on a complete tangent - I put the asterisks in s**t to save the site time but why on earth has the site auto-sensor replaced the surname of the PM's political advisor with asterisks. I know his behaviour was extremely reprehensible but surely we're still allowed to use his correct surname??  😀

What on earth would it do if we called him some of the names he actually deserves  😂🤣😂

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes you are probably right, much better for the opposition that he stays in the long run.

I'm going to disagree with you there Ricardo.

One thing I've learned about the great British public is that they have very short memories.

Assuming we get through all this in a couple of months time, most people will have moved on to planning a holiday or be busy trying to find/keep a job etc.

Unless there is a proper independent enquiry (and possible criminal charges) which cause the resignations of senior members of the Government - the British people will have moved on, probably sad - but thats the way it is.

Cummings trip will have been completely forgotten about, might be raised a couple of times by the opposition but it will be seen as such a minor event by most that they won't care.

You can decide for yourself whether that is an indictment of the people of Gt. Britain 

Is it dying away.

Zero new Covid-19 cases reported over the last 6 days for 21 English local authorities.

Note 1. these are +ve Pillar 1 tests (no locations for Pillar 2); 2. possible cases yet to be reported for some of these dates.

With those caveats, here they are. Is your area on the list?
1Adur
2Broxbourne
3Chichester
4City of London
5East Hertfordshire
6Epsom and Ewell
7Harlow
8Havant
9Horsham
10Islington
11Malvern Hills
12North Kesteven
13Rochford
14South Hams (10 days with no new cases)
15Sutton
16Torbay
17Uttlesford
18West Devon (10 days with no new cases)
19West Lindsey
20Worthing
21Wychavon

I think you are correct Mark Y. I dont think the general public are any more concerned than they were about the other 2.  

• Like 1

Well Dominic Raab has already come out following the part line to defend Cummings already... so...

Unfortunately for them this won't be going away - fabulous stories about economic uplands is one thing, but fabulous stories about something everyone in the UK has direct knowledge of will cause massive damage, one way or the other. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8249237/Dominic-Cummings-lifts-lid-isolation-wife-young-son-ill-coronavirus.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-cummings-s-idUSKBN22Z0G5?taid=5ec92e75c4c54c00017f15a8&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

And here's the very same Government treating out advice to stay home... from this morning no less. 

Government.jpg

Edited by Surfer

I just remarked to Mrs KG about Rees Mogg's ridiculous tweet and Simon Pegg's reply.

She said remind which one is Rees Mogg. I said looks like where's Wally in a morning suit. And she said I#Oh yes, I remember. Why didn't you say asrehole, I would have known who you meant straightaway.

Wheres Wally

th?id=OIP.fPVy5zEV5dxTY0l70b7kJAHaHP&pid=Api

Jacob Rees Mogg

th?id=OIP.iqY_2ArGelCpTmdoeAFlNgHaJO&pid=Api

• Haha 1

Tom Newton Dunn is the Political Editor of the Sun.

Operation Save Dom steps up. Mid-ranking ministers and backbenchers now being asked by Tory whips to tweet support for Cummings, for “basically looking after his family”. One MP: “I told them to **** off”.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well Dominic Raab has already come out following the part line to defend Cummings already... so...

Unfortunately for them this won't be going away - fabulous stories about economic uplands is one thing, but fabulous stories about something everyone in the UK has direct knowledge of will cause massive damage, one way or the other. 

Well you cannot have the Leader of the Commons saying you have to protect the health of three year olds at all times and then advocate sending the poorer ones back to school. Rees Mogg is rapidly showing a posh voice and wealthy upbringing doesn't make you clever. It just accentuates your stupidity.

Stay at home sir

th?id=OIP.KPbsTlPwAfjoZ4tL0cJZeAAAAA&pid=Api

Back to school you oiks

th?id=OIP.RyINstliGZKsyZUvl3pTygAAAA&pid=Api

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Is it dying away.

Zero new Covid-19 cases reported over the last 6 days for 21 English local authorities.

Note 1. these are +ve Pillar 1 tests (no locations for Pillar 2); 2. possible cases yet to be reported for some of these dates.

With those caveats, here they are. Is your area on the list?
1Adur
2Broxbourne
3Chichester
4City of London
5East Hertfordshire
6Epsom and Ewell
7Harlow
8Havant
9Horsham
10Islington
11Malvern Hills
12North Kesteven
13Rochford
14South Hams (10 days with no new cases)
15Sutton
16Torbay
17Uttlesford
18West Devon (10 days with no new cases)
19West Lindsey
20Worthing
21Wychavon

Islington is an interesting one.

Probably peaked before lockdown and like neighbouring boroughs has very low returns for the whole of May

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If only they had ring fenced the care homes as well as they have Cummings says one.

They've thrown a protective ring around him 😉

5 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Islington is an interesting one.

Probably peaked before lockdown and like neighbouring boroughs has very low returns for the whole of May

All in the south of the country

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Cornwall reported our R0 has increased to R0.7 which is the highest it has been. So the increase in testing has shown that there is more of it than expected.

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Pretty much.   Two london boroughs and three on the essex/herts metropolitan fringe. Lockdown was the same for all so what is driving this regionalisation ?