Jump to content
Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So apparently it’s a misunderstanding - the self-quarantine rules as clearly communicated by the PM and his Cabinet were not actually broken....

The senior advisor to the PM, who had need to arrange child care for his 4 year old could not get any help from his employer....

Is that what they are going with? Is he not already classified an “essential worker”? Can anyone possibly believe that if they WANTED to stay in London they couldn’t have worked it out? 
 

Combined with the, at minimum, economical with the truth article from DC’s own wife, and No 10 throwing the local police under the bus, Boris has indeed set himself up for another U turn when the Sunday / Monday papers start to dissect this pile of lies in every detail. 
 

I bet Matt Hancock is looking forward to his press briefing today 🙂 Unless he’s gone on a long weekend holiday too and they offer up a sacrificial lamb to hide behind “no comment”
 

Aside from the political theatre and ongoing crisis of BJ’s credibility, this has to effect the ability of the Government to administer the lock down. If DC can do this why is Pritti Patel insisting on 14 day quarantine for everyone coming to UK who only MIGHT have CV19?

Having hounded a Scottish health minister and a UK senior health advisor to resign over breaking lockdown, they can’t just ignore this - even if they had said “yes, Dominic Cummings spoke with Boris Johnson and the PM issued special approval to travel” it would be far less damaging than “those lockdown rules, well it’s O.K. to ignore them, just don’t get caught”
 

Edited by Surfer
Site not editing
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Amazing how these people keep getting caught out, should have realised there is always someone watching.

but there's not always an attempt at a cover up....which is where the damage really lies

And talking of lies we have his wife lying in the Spectator, long after it this known about.

Number 10 to have claimed that the police were not aware, when they did know

Both of which lead to the question whether Johnson was involved in that deceit,

As if he had been informed by the police  then he has stood by and allowed a false story (a lie) to be maintained

An advisor breaking the lock down rule is one thing, the PM being involved in a cover up is a far greater concern.......... for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Shame for what started out as a good thread.

Sadly once a thread reaches a number number of posts, it attracts the attention of the same old attention seekers and trolls who derail the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Trouble is Ricardo, people take pictures of and tell the world about what they had for breakfast. The so called leader of the free world tweets so many times a day that he will get caught out even if its just punctuation. When you and I were nippers, the Government was far more in the background. Supermac and Wilson kept out of the limelight. I struggle to understand why so many need the world to love them and congratulate them.

Indeed, amazing how people are interested in such minutiae. Politicians were no different back in the day its just that we didn't  hear of any misdemeanours  until they were long gone. John Major and Edwina Curry springs to mind and there was also much speculation about Wilson and Marcia Falkender.

Of the three who recently got caught out I had more sympathy with Ferguson missing out on his nuptials. I supose if you put yourself in the public eye you have to live with the consequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t mind talking about government lying, when are we discussing Tony Blair?

He is why I question what the government does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Don’t mind talking about government lying, when are we discussing Tony Blair?

We have done many times but as a socialist I prefer to think he was more of a Tory than anything else. The death of John Smith was so unfortunate.

And Blair was a liar of the 1st order. And all other PM's since have adopted his technique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, amazing how people are interested in such minutiae. Politicians were no different back in the day its just that we didn't  hear of any misdemeanours  until they were long gone. John Major and Edwina Curry springs to mind and there was also much speculation about Wilson and Marcia Falkender.

Of the three who recently got caught out I had more sympathy with Ferguson missing out on his nuptials. I supose if you put yourself in the public eye you have to live with the consequences.

Don't forget we knew nothing about Boothby and Kray. We knew about Boothby and Supermac's wife but heterosexual was permitted.

I remember George Brown asking Wilson what he wanted to do with the Homosexual Bill and Wilson said pay it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, amazing how people are interested in such minutiae.

A PM caught up in a cover up ...... is minutia ?

You become more absurd with every post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brexit, PMQS,Tony Blair,John smith, cummings and goings and what his wife said ,John major, WMDS,The Russia report

Hard right nationalists are better in germany.

End on a Monty python reference, look around for the next fight and go back to the brexit thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....perspective tells me I've heard of all this kind of thing before (Cummings) and it will happen again. It's about idealism and realism and how much one gives up of the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely, lovely photo of Dom out in front of his London house today saying he cares nothing for what it looks like, the "optics". And there he is holding a child's football.

You have to admire the sheer marketing masterclass of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't forget we knew nothing about Boothby and Kray. We knew about Boothby and Supermac's wife but heterosexual was permitted.

I remember George Brown asking Wilson what he wanted to do with the Homosexual Bill and Wilson said pay it..

Make a mistake, own up and resign and it is 'yesterdays chip paper;

Try to deny it, attempt a cover up and the harm is multiplied....if only that you come under closer scrutiny, as with Profumo.

That lesson is well-known. By Johnson having been sacked very quickly when caught out lying previously.

If Johnson is not able to sack Cummings, then the question remains

Who is really uin charfe at number 10 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't forget we knew nothing about Boothby and Kray. We knew about Boothby and Supermac's wife but heterosexual was permitted.

I remember George Brown asking Wilson what he wanted to do with the Homosexual Bill and Wilson said pay it.

Yes, Boothby always seemed like a slimy toad but none of the bi sexual stuff was known at the time. Its usually **** with the tories eg Profumo, Parkinson etc and money with Labour, Robert Maxwell, John Stonehouse.

Funny that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Brexit, PMQS,Tony Blair,John smith, cummings and goings and what his wife said ,John major, WMDS,The Russia report

Hard right nationalists are better in germany.

End on a Monty python reference, look around for the next fight and go back to the brexit thread

Mengele, Crippen, Jack the Ripper, Ghengis Khan, Peter Sutcliffe................. err, that is the defence case for Dennis Neilson, m'lud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Lovely, lovely photo of Dom out in front of his London house today saying he cares nothing for what it looks like, the "optics". And there he is holding a child's football.

You have to admire the sheer marketing masterclass of it. 

His bike looked at bit small. I imagine he is taking his youngster out. I will pish myself if a bobby fines him for being out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

His bike looked at bit small. I imagine he is taking his youngster out. I will pish myself if a bobby fines him for being out.

Think he was yes, it's a special bike. But it's the whole choreographed look isn't it. Reminds me of the Boris Johnson and Carrie Symmonds photo in a park staring at each other after that shouting match at his former house when neighbours reported him to the police.

Such positioning! It's a skill. And as mentioned above, under Blair it all started (spin).

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Lovely, lovely photo of Dom out in front of his London house today saying he cares nothing for what it looks like, the "optics". And there he is holding a child's football.

You have to admire the sheer marketing masterclass of it. 

it is a cycling helmet, and he puts the kids bike in the boot

 

sadly some irreverent journalist does not follow Ricardo's cap doffing deference and asks

"how far are you going today, mr cummings ? " 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sonyc said:

Think he was yes, it's a special bike. But it's the whole choreographed look isn't it. Reminds me of the Boris Johnson and Carrie Symmonds photo in a park staring at each other after that shouting match at his former house when neighbours reported him to the police. It's a skill. And as mentioned above, under Blair it all started (spin).

no, it;s been going on for yonks - only now it has to be done far more

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yes, Boothby always seemed like a slimy toad but none of the bi sexual stuff was known at the time. Its usually **** with the tories eg Profumo, Parkinson etc and money with Labour, Robert Maxwell, John Stonehouse.

Funny that.

Neil Hamilton and Keith Vaz should have switched parties then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it is a cycling helmet, and he puts the kids bike in the boot

 

sadly some irreverent journalist does not follow Ricardo's cap doffing deference and asks

"how far are you going today, mr cummings ? " 😄

Defending him am I?

When Ive already said I dont give  **** and have had 2-1 him going.

Looks like i am going to lose my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Neil Hamilton and Keith Vaz should have switched parties then.

Thats why I qualified it with "usually"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hancock and Raab now have come out in support of Dom. 

Ps. Wonder if people who got fines under lockdown for breaking the rules can now reclaim?

 

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know if this essential trip Dom made included unblocking a sink ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Defending him am I?

When Ive already said I dont give  **** and have had 2-1 him going.

Looks like i am going to lose my money.

mwrginks the laddie doth protest too loudly

 

meanwhile some may recall the outrage sparked on here when I said that I had travelled to my brothers

chief among the self righteous was our old friend, the neighbourhood plod, who wailed about him not being able to visit his grandchildren because of the lockdown

perhaps he would like to express his outrage on this matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Thats why I qualified it with "usually"

And not forgetting Tom Driberg under the the glass coffee table.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...