Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

50 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Something tells me you are a card-carrying member of the incel community

62% of incels are married!!!!!! 

Nah , made it up but thought the idea was funny.

• Haha 2

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

100% of people accusing people of being incels are incels 🤣

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nurse! They are all out if bed again.

I knew this would come in handy.

image.png.a13adb6c350af075c8b5c1e68a7779ae.png

I guess the coronavirus conversation has officially ended. 

Kept me going for a good few weeks.  Hopefully we can get back to it once lockdown release plans  are revealed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Amused me 🤣

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I’m out of reacs but this is good 

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

That's the funny thing.

I would actually trust the government less than the private companies. There are lots of laws to control private companies and invariably any misuse leaks and becomes public.

Government abuse / misuse is another matter - indeed most of your concerns is not about private companies collecting data but about 'deep state' intrusion and control.

Me too. Private companies just want your money. Government wants your b a l l s.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Germany did have their first confirmed human-to-human transmission a month before us. 

They have of course blown us out of the water when it comes to testing, but its not really as simple as saying that our lockdown started 10 days after theirs (or whatever it was) because the virus had taken hold earlier there. 

On 5th March the UK had 115 confirmed cases in total and Germany had announced 109 new cases in 24 hours on that same day. Just as an example.

Yes that may be partially due to more testing, but the point still stands that the point of lockdown is to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed by everybody catching it at the same time, or 'flatten the curve', so you'd try and avoid a crazy peak in cases. 

You would have expected Germany's lockdown to start earlier than ours.

We also have the benefit of watching what happens now that Germany is beginning to lift lockdown. Their data can be trusted and we can ascertain whether it would be a good idea to follow suit or not, so there are some benefits to not mirroring their lockdown to the day.

Just to get this discussion back on track - yes I agree. 

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

When’s the nationwide clap for people in your profession?

I bet you were furloughed, like, immediately lol.

Key worker (teacher), full pay, still in on a rota.... Keep going... although you're not getting any better at this....

RedKid.Net

I was just about to say  I blame the teachers, but on second thoughts it might be a bad move😀

• Haha 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Key worker (teacher), full pay, still in on a rota.... Keep going... although you're not getting any better at this....

RedKid.Net

I feel sorry for your students. Hope they have better science and technology teachers.

51 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Agreed.

I would argue many don’t “want” to be rehabilitated because they don’t know any different. I’m not even sure rehabilitation isn’t the right word - if they’ve never known any different. But, yes, some people won’t change. I’m well aware it’s not all to do with wealth vs poverty either - plenty of rich folk who commit crimes!

The strange thing is as we disagree on habitual criminals and their human rights, I started by saying Sweden have for the past two years given their people a choice to be chipped, from there I did say by chipping habitual criminals you could place them at crimes committed saving thousands of pounds wasted on investigations and possibly reducing crime! Just my opinion differs to yours but I’ve not called you any names, respect you as a poster as I do most on here.

But back to topic, why is another app on your phone to help track the virus on a short term bases such an invasion of privacy when most who are against it are using this forum, probably on Facebook and Twitter! I’d imagine most of everyone’s information is already out there!

Edited by Indy

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

RedKid.Net

Touchè  !!       🤺

Edited by wcorkcanary

15 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Kept me going for a good few weeks.  Hopefully we can get back to it once lockdown release plans  are revealed 

If there is anything in this looks like the virus was circulating several weeks before we thought, confirming earlier suspicions.

David Chazan

@davidchazan

"Leading French doctor says France had its first #COVIDー19 case on December 27, nearly a month earlier than previously thought. He says presence of virus was revealed by testing patients who were hospitalised for pneumonia in December and January"

You know the worst thing about all this argueing.......... I genuinely had to look up what an "incel" is  😭

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mark .Y. said:

You know the worst thing about all this argueing.......... I genuinely had to look up what an "incel" is  😭

A bit like the flat-earthers. I thought they were a group of lads having a laugh while trying to make a serious point about something. Turns out they are serious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

so did I....involuntarily celibate....for those that dont know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

If there is anything in this looks like the virus was circulating several weeks before we thought, confirming earlier suspicions.

David Chazan

@davidchazan

"Leading French doctor says France had its first #COVIDー19 case on December 27, nearly a month earlier than previously thought. He says presence of virus was revealed by testing patients who were hospitalised for pneumonia in December and January"

That tallies more with Cambridge study a week ago.

Started in southern China most likely September to December.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

That tallies more with Cambridge study a week ago.

Started in southern China most likely September to December.

...Jesus... how far does this go.

I wonder what the rightys will have to say about this

" Ministers face ongoing criticism over coronavirus testing, as the number of daily tests dropped below 80,000, care home staff reported difficulties in getting checked and home kits were delivered without return envelopes. "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/ministers-under-fire-as-covid-19-testing-drops-back-below-100000-daily-target

"....just 7% of the 31,000 tests delivered to care homes to test all residents and staff had been carried out so far.Thousands of kits delivered to care homes last week were unused because of a lack of clarity about who can administer them, social services chiefs said."

So it matters little if they are f**king with people's lives, as long as they can pull off a good PR stunt. Supported by dimwits who may well find themselves victims to this same incompetence at some stage.

And the rightys tell us that incompetence has not been the cause of deaths, well

" Fewer people would have died from coronavirus in the UK if the country had greater testing capacity sooner, transport secretary Grant Shapps said. Asked whether fewer people would have died if testing capacity had been greater sooner, he told BBC One’s The Andrew Marr Show: “Yes. If we had had 100,000 test capacity before this thing started "

It is not enough to test. You need to be tracing. German has been doing extensive tracing since February. I know as colleagues were tested traced and isolated back in February from China and Skiing. Germany should have been a lot worse affected than the UK because it was closer connected to hotspots. It wasn’t  because of test trace and isolate. The UK has ramped up testing but still hasn’t got extensive tracing in place. Accordingly UK is a couple of months behind Germany so it could be a while before the UK can safely lift restrictions. 

50 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Proud boast here then that I left earlier. Ahead of the curve 😉😆

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T said:

It is not enough to test. You need to be tracing. German has been doing extensive tracing since February. I know as colleagues were tested traced and isolated back in February from China and Skiing. Germany should have been a lot worse affected than the UK because it was closer connected to hotspots. It wasn’t  because of test trace and isolate. The UK has ramped up testing but still hasn’t got extensive tracing in place. Accordingly UK is a couple of months behind Germany so it could be a while before the UK can safely lift restrictions. 

Presumably the tracing becomes relevant after restrictions are lifted? If we’re all at home then does tracing have much impact on anything? 

Also if i go into Sainsbury’s and three days later turns out I have coronavirus, does everyone who has been into that Sainsbury’s since then have to be traced and locked down? How are other places doing it?

Nobody cares about The Real Buh being a virgin or Kick It Off failing to get on a grad scheme, not on this thread, how about you just agree to hate each other and move on? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 minutes ago, T said:

Germany should have been a lot worse affected than the UK because it was closer connected to hotspots. It wasn’t  because of test trace and isolate. 

Where is the evidence for that?