Jump to content
Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

My job has just disappeared and has been rearranged as an emergency response. We are now in an emergency situation whereby everything is up in the air.

Any update on ACE inhibitors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question must be, how many have had the virus and not known, how many have it now.....so far the death rate might be massively over exaggerated at 3%, if it turns out that those infected are closer to the million + which some scientists say are the more realistic global numbers who are either self isolating and won’t be tested or might have already been infected without tested. That would take the % down to less than 1%.
Now I’m not saying this level is acceptable, but it’s a damn sight better than the scaremongering numbers being touted, the sooner we get that test for confirmation if you’ve had the virus the sooner realistic numbers and move forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

My job has just disappeared and has been rearranged as an emergency response. We are now in an emergency situation whereby everything is up in the air.

Really sorry to hear Bristol. I hope you will be ok and that the government helps folk out who are affected (hopefully will hear this afternoon?).

My son has lost half of his job and my wife has hers ended (albeit it was a part time role).

Hopefully the situation will be improved in a few months time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indy said:

The question must be, how many have had the virus and not known, how many have it now.....so far the death rate might be massively over exaggerated at 3%, if it turns out that those infected are closer to the million + which some scientists say are the more realistic global numbers who are either self isolating and won’t be tested or might have already been infected without tested. That would take the % down to less than 1%.
Now I’m not saying this level is acceptable, but it’s a damn sight better than the scaremongering numbers being touted, the sooner we get that test for confirmation if you’ve had the virus the sooner realistic numbers and move forwards.

It doesn't matter what the rate is if you are one of them. Stay the fcuk home where possible for the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

It doesn't matter what the rate is if you are one of them. Stay the fcuk home where possible for the next few weeks.

My job dictates I can’t, as many others too. You’d be jumping up and down if you don’t have power or water! So it does matter, we need to be sensible and stop all scaremongering till we know more.

once we know we’re clear and have had the virus we can go about our work without restrictions, still be as stringent in hygiene.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Some good news

Eurovision cancelled.

🎶 congratulations...🎶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

My job dictates I can’t, as many others too. You’d be jumping up and down if you don’t have power or water! So it does matter, we need to be sensible and stop all scaremongering till we know more.

Indeed, those who have to be out and about need to take care. Those of us who have been advised to stay home as much as possible need to heed the warnings.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, those who have to be out and about need to take care. Those of us who have been advised to stay home as much as possible need to heed the warnings.

But the more of us who get clear to help those who need it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cases up by 25 % today, we are moving up the curve, hope people are taking this seriously now!!   

 

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bill said:

🎶 congratulations...🎶

🎼🎵 What's another year 🎼🎵

Jonny Logan for the non irish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Cases up by 25 % today, we are moving up the curve, hope people are taking this seriously now!!   

 

One scientist said that those really infected or have been infected will be closer to 8 times those who have tested positive.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indy said:

One scientist said that those really infected or have been infected will be closer to 8 times those who have tested positive.....

Yep

Its a shame community testing has stopped but as more labs come on stream presumably that will resume.

London looks like its going to create a North Italy scenario here, but little real data about distribution elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Harold Shipman would have made hay had he been still alive during this virus thing 

Need a home visit, no problem for Harold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Indy said:

My job dictates I can’t, as many others too. You’d be jumping up and down if you don’t have power or water! So it does matter, we need to be sensible and stop all scaremongering till we know more.

once we know we’re clear and have had the virus we can go about our work without restrictions, still be as stringent in hygiene.

I think that's the key - be as sensible as you can without locking yourself in a closet (unless you are health or age high risk). Follow social distancing etc and dont take silly riskes but aside from that, business as close to normality as possible. Obviously easier if you are outside a city etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Need a home visit, no problem for Harold.

Ah yes the old Deer Hunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mrs KG and I are avoiding social gatherings such as golf and her knitting circle but on the other hand are checking with people they are OK and have done the shopping for solitary neighbours. OK we might get it but you cannot leave the even more vulnerable to get on with it. Our thermometer tells us we are OK and we are getting out in the garden for the fresh air.

I think we are definitely entering the accelerating phase with even experts saying the figure for those infected is 50+K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


My mate's boyfriend lives in Saudi Arabia. His apartment block have had new locks fitted to the outside of all external doors today and they're being locked in - allowed out for one hour a day to do any shopping etc - on a mandated minibus that will be counting people on and off and then returning them to be locked up in the apartments. Madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kick it off said:


My mate's boyfriend lives in Saudi Arabia. His apartment block have had new locks fitted to the outside of all external doors today and they're being locked in - allowed out for one hour a day to do any shopping etc - on a mandated minibus that will be counting people on and off and then returning them to be locked up in the apartments. Madness.

No fire Regulations in Saudi ? Not doubting the veracity of the post just incredulous  at the stupidity of such a tactic.  Still, human rights isn't exactly something the Saudis are famous for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy with a horrendous 475 deaths reported today, and 8.3% of their total cases have died. With numbers like that you can understand why so many governments are taking strong action against this pandemic.

image.png.48cc3409956d08586ce48835d7125d2e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Italy with a horrendous 475 deaths reported today, and 8.3% of their total cases have died. With numbers like that you can understand why so many governments are taking strong action against this pandemic.

image.png.48cc3409956d08586ce48835d7125d2e.png

That’s not accurate, it only takes into account tested people. Today it was said that real number of infected people are about 8 times that are tested. So that % of deaths isn’t correct, it’s of those tested positive. Thousands have not been tested who are like to have had it or have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the fact we’re all so concerned about the virus, yet the real threat and hardship is yet to come.

Crude oil down to 20$ a barrel, oil companies starting to have mass layoffs.

Airline industry talking of 2 million staff directly and indirectly going to be effected long term.

Service sector in the uk alone has 1 million jobs at risk.

Stocks and value of British companies devalued by 28%.

Pound at its lowest strength since 1985 and falling.

Bonds starting to be devalued, first time in nearly 100 years that investors are so spooked they are trying to get money back from borrowing governments.

Pension companies in massive losses impacting on bank investment portfolios.

The think tanks are predicting a global job loss of 15%, with up-to %18 in the uk.

This is just a month into a global lockdown, take head we need to get out of this lockdown and start moving forward or there will be massive implications to health, wealth and your families future, this will seem very trivial if we don’t start to do more about everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No fire Regulations in Saudi ? Not doubting the veracity of the post just incredulous  at the stupidity of such a tactic.  Still, human rights isn't exactly something the Saudis are famous for. 

Apparently not - will upload the letter they sent him in a bit - utter madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I love the fact we’re all so concerned about the virus, yet the real threat and hardship is yet to come.

Crude oil down to 20$ a barrel, oil companies starting to have mass layoffs.

Airline industry talking of 2 million staff directly and indirectly going to be effected long term.

Service sector in the uk alone has 1 million jobs at risk.

Stocks and value of British companies devalued by 28%.

Pound at its lowest strength since 1985 and falling.

Bonds starting to be devalued, first time in nearly 100 years that investors are so spooked they are trying to get money back from borrowing governments.

Pension companies in massive losses impacting on bank investment portfolios.

The think tanks are predicting a global job loss of 15%, with up-to %18 in the uk.

This is just a month into a global lockdown, take head we need to get out of this lockdown and start moving forward or there will be massive implications to health, wealth and your families future, this will seem very trivial if we don’t start to do more about everything.

I think we have to get through the illness saving as many lives as possible before we consider economic consequences of all this. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think we have to get through the illness saving as many lives as possible before we consider economic consequences of all this. 

You do realise the last time a set of events like this happened over 7 million people died as the consequence of the Great Depression. So it’s not great to focus on the here and now without looking at the bigger picture. Add to that in 1929 there few billion less people on the planet.

Just pointing out that there’s not an endless fund to dish out money. At some point it’s not going to be there and a lot more people will be unemployed.

Stuff the long winded testing on vaccines, get them done fast and vaccinate the at risk group, get normality back before we go past the brink.

Edited by Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think we have to get through the illness saving as many lives as possible before we consider economic consequences of all this. 

In the contracts thread you reminded me that Footvall is a multi million pound industry and we cant just forget it for now. Seems your saying almost the exact opposite in the post I just  quoted .  ?

Both posted within minutes of each other.  This must be a very complex argument you have with yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Indy said:

You do realise the last time a set of events like this happened over 7 million people died as the consequence of the Great Depression. So it’s not great to focus on the here and now without looking at the bigger picture. Add to that in 1929 there few billion less people on the planet.

Just pointing out that there’s not an endless fund to dish out money. At some point it’s not going to be there and a lot more people will be unemployed.

this^, I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Indy said:

You do realise the last time a set of events like this happened over 7 million people died as the consequence of the Great Depression. So it’s not great to focus on the here and now without looking at the bigger picture. Add to that in 1929 there few billion less people on the planet.

Just pointing out that there’s not an endless fund to dish out money. At some point it’s not going to be there and a lot more people will be unemployed.

Stuff the long winded testing on vaccines, get them done fast and vaccinate the at risk group, get normality back before we go past the brink.

There are millions of people in this country alone in that at risk group. Let’s get the tests done properly first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...