Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

Hugely encouraging 

It’s looking good, just like the modelling here and real time data in South Africa suggested.

We are much more densely populated than Z.A., so we were always going to see a decrease in the early’ish stages.

I just hope this is the beginning of this nightmare ending. They talked about suppressing far too much, when you really need to get immunity going, not delay the obvious. The first lockdown was needed as we had no vaccine, the second just ridiculous as it started going again as soon as it ended and the third one didn’t seem right, just excessive.

Edited by KernowCanary

More good news today after our win!….

Another big fall - this wave is seemingly fading fast as the Zoe data continues to show it doing too

U.K. daily stats

287 all settings deaths - was 313 last week

81,713 cases - was 99, 652 yesterday & 146,390 last week (No Wales data on Saturdays bear in mind)

Lowest UK number since 15 December

England only

74,756 - was 87,857 yesterday & 130,330 last week

Lowest since 19 December.

For all the ridicule we got over the “Kentish variant”, when it probably came about elsewhere in the country, alongside the “Sick man of Europe” jibes and Chinese newspaper cartoons of a sick Big Ben, we have got one over all those ridiculers once and for all, by becoming most probably the fastest country to start going down the road to an Endemic.

Edited by KernowCanary

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

Another big fall - this wave is seemingly fading fast as the Zoe data continues to show it doing too

U.K. daily stats

81,713 cases - was 99, 652 yesterday & 146,390 last week (No Wales data on Saturdays bear in mind)

England only

For all the ridicule we got over the “Kentish variant”, when it probably came about elsewhere in the country, alongside the “Sick man of Europe” jibes and Chinese newspaper cartoons of a sick Big Ben, we have got one over all those ridiculers once and for all, by becoming most probably the fastest country to start going down the road to an Endemic.

Big rise, big fall, classic curve that we have let rip and it’s worked out well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Big rise, big fall, classic curve that we have let rip and it’s worked out well. 

Really??

Deaths 300ish per week for weeks, the NHS on its a**e, and the economy in a quasi-lockdown with negligible assistance to the sectors affected - afraid I don't see that as working out well, but at least we'll always have the parties...................😊

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Really??

Deaths 300ish per week for weeks, the NHS on its a**e, and the economy in a quasi-lockdown with negligible assistance to the sectors affected - afraid I don't see that as working out well, but at least we'll always have the parties...................😊

The NHS every winter is “on its a*se”, it’s just been made a huge deal out of by the MSM this time round because of a certain virus that actually escaped from a lab, and didn’t do what SARS and MERS did before it…. stay in the country it originated.

Besides, deaths always lag behind the cases and this drop will be seen later.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

U.K. daily stats

England only

Best outcome for a major country in the world, thanks to Boris and his team. No wonder the left want him gone.

9 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Really??

It was the best way to deal with Omicron IMO, further restrictions really would have done very little against such an infectious virus. Obviously there was never going be a "good" result so maybe I phrased that wrongly, but the recent strategy was probably right on this occasion.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

It was the best way to deal with Omicron IMO, further restrictions really would have done very little against such an infectious virus. Obviously there was never going be a "good" result so maybe I phrased that wrongly, but the recent strategy was probably right on this occasion.

I think that is correct. Things like enforcing 2 metres distance and seeing fewer than 6 people at a time would have done virtually nothing to stop it.

You’d have basically needed full lockdowns to make any serious dent in it.  But all full lockdowns do is delay - we’d have still had the same deaths eventually and the economy would have been hit far harder.

• Like 1

Not only did the MSM depress us and still do with stats and scaremongering, but suggesting “We’ll Meet Again” as a “Pandemic anthem”.

Talk about trying to ruin mental health by using a song about men going out to war, it should have been something upbeat to get peoples spirits and confidence up, that we will beat this…. like…. I dunno?, “Things Can Only Get Better”?, I know Tony Blair played it to death in 1997, but don’t let that war mongering ar$ehole ruin things.

Edited by KernowCanary

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

We can expect massive backpedalling from the Lockers down this week.

For all their brains they never heeded the tale of “the boy that cried wolf”

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Not if Drakeford is anything to go by.

National

70,924 -  88

rate of decrease of  38%           1.4 million tests

Numbers dropping quicker than Boris's popularity rating

Local

Norwich   West rate             1323.3  down  massively             Local   R  estimated 1 - 1.3

N&N in Hospital (seems to have stalled)

11-01-2022                                   111
10-01-2022 115
09-01-2022 110
08-01-2022 112
07-01-2022 103

Vax  

1st Dose           25,880                90.6% done                               Norwich numbers   78.9%        Booster rate 54.6%     

2nd Dose          39,709                 83.3% done                                                                 73%

Booster    92,623    total          36,388,391                63.3%          

In Hospital 

13-01-2022                                 19,539
12-01-2022 19,729
11-01-2022 19,766
10-01-2022 19,876
09-01-2022 19,079
08-01-2022 18,642

Lockdowns are nothing but Chinese inventions that only killed off mental health and people’s livelihoods, nothing else. Boris was all against them until the MSM pressured the government to do them, then from there they became Boris’s babies and he laughed at us while having his garden parties. The way he used to say the word “Lockdown!”, while he smirked, got me suspicious from day one something was not right.

Edited by KernowCanary

51 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Lockdowns are nothing but Chinese inventions that only killed off mental health and people’s livelihoods, nothing else. Boris was all against them until the MSM pressured the government to do them, then from there they became Boris’s babies and he laughed at us while having his garden parties. The way he used to say the word “Lockdown!”, while he smirked, got me suspicious from day one something was not right.

Lockdowns were absolutely necessary, the pandemic has evolved and so has the appropriate response.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

First premier league win since what seems like 2003, covid numbers going  down despite no material restrictions and employees actively encouraged to party in the workplace. Is this the 'new normal'? I quite like it

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Lockdowns were absolutely necessary, the pandemic has evolved and so has the appropriate response.

Only the first one, as we had no vaccines, the other two were not.

They are not begin events, they destroy livelihoods, prompt suicides and cause small businesses to die, all while the likes of Jeff Bezos thrive.

The first one was necessary because there was no other choice, the second one was a joke and third one wasn’t needed.

The government don’t give a crap for “commoners” mental health and income streams to make ends meet anyway.

Edited by KernowCanary

Any restrictions at the moment are just to prevent too many of NHS staff getting it and closing hospital wards and lengthening A&E waiting times.

My postmen told me that 16 were off in the Redruth branch of the PO which met that some areas hadn't had their post for four days. I don't think self certification for a month helped the situation. Too many were taking an LFT and were swing the lead.

I think there is too much assumption that restrictions were just based on reaction to infection. Both my sons and one of my Grandsons said that they felt they could have gone to work but weren't allowed to.

Idiots singing songs about lockdown was the worse of it all as far as the gimmicks went.

They would record themselves singing them and then posting them on YouTube, hoping they would go “viral”. All the songs were someone else’s songs with the lyrics changed, nothing original at all. At least with Weird Al Yankovic he was funny.

One of the ones I hate the most, is this family of parents and their kids singing a parody of a Les Miserables song. They often sang their lines at the same time as someone else, so subtitles were used. An utter mess and it just depressed me more, not “raise the spirits”.

That first lockdown was full of gimmicks just to test the patience, such as a man wearing a leotard dancing down his street and idiots wearing identical clothing doing the same dance so they were all in sequence…. all while this rubbish got filmed. Dancing nurses….. don’t even get me started.

As soon as this becomes endemic, I want this thread gone and any reminders of all that cr*p we had to endure never to be mentioned ever again. Clapping for the NHS while looking smug and making your tin pan noises while letting off your fireworks and airhorns, don’t pay their bills. I never want to see any more clapping around the country montages ever again (all while the person who started it gets a guest appearance), it’s an insult.

Edited by KernowCanary

19 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Best outcome for a major country in the world, thanks to Boris and his team. No wonder the left want him gone.

I am not from the left, and the reason I want him gone is because he’s a serial liar and embarrassment to our Country.

I guess the reason for you changing the reason of the outcome was because you were shot down in flames on a different thread. If it is the same definition with a change of wording as has already been shown, your comments are simply not true. If major means China USA and Russia then the actions taken by one of those because of an ex president which had the worst outcome you supported.

I suspect there are not many people on this thread whatever their views that got as much wrong as they got right, I remember a poster who now mocks those supporting lockdowns that supported lockdowns and told us millions were going to die in the U.K.

36 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Idiots singing songs about lockdown was the worse of it all as far as the gimmicks went.

They would record themselves singing them and then posting them on YouTube, hoping they would go “viral”. All the songs were someone else’s songs with the lyrics changed, nothing original at all. At least with Weird Al Yankovic he was funny.

One of the ones I hate the most, is this family of parents and their kids singing a parody of a Les Miserables song. They often sang their lines at the same time as someone else, so subtitles were used. An utter mess and it just depressed me more, not “raise the spirits”.

That first lockdown was full of gimmicks just to test the patience, such as a man wearing a leotard dancing down his street and idiots wearing identical clothing doing the same dance so they were all in sequence…. all while this rubbish got filmed. Dancing nurses….. don’t even get me started.

As soon as this becomes endemic, I want this thread gone and any reminders of all that cr*p we had to endure never to be mentioned ever again. Clapping for the NHS while looking smug and making your tin pan noises while letting off your fireworks and airhorns, don’t pay their bills. I never want to see any more clapping around the country montages ever again (all while the person who started it gets a guest appearance), it’s an insult.

I hope you are not mocking the NHS as lots more would have been f***** without their courage. 
Most have stayed to the bitter end, but believe me 10’s of thousands will be gone in a few months time.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

The NHS every winter is “on its a*se”, it’s just been made a huge deal out of by the MSM

No, it hasn't - it is quite true that the NHS is 'on its a**e' every winter to a certain extent and in certain areas but this year it is on its a**e to an unprecedented degree and right across the entire service - for example, we have never previously experienced so many critical incidents being declared or had a backlog of operations anything like the current 6m+.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The initial lockdown was the correct response in the light of the incompleteness of our knowledge in the early stages of the pandemic. Any lockdown against Omicron was obviously pointless and totally  counterproductive in the light of evidence from S.Africa.  Even the ultra cautious should be able to see the logic of that by now.

12 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

No, it hasn't - it is quite true that the NHS is 'on its a**e' every winter to a certain extent and in certain areas but this year it is on its a**e to an unprecedented degree and right across the entire service - for example, we have never previously experienced so many critical incidents being declared or had a backlog of operations anything like the current 6m+.

They would s*** themselves if they had to go on a COVID ward let alone an icu. They would also s*** themselves when facing groups of anti vaxers baying for blood.

The brave ones that put on here pictures of empty corridors in hospitals at 3am on a Saturday night.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The initial lockdown was the correct response in the light of the incompleteness of our knowledge in the early stages of the pandemic. Any lockdown against Omicron was obviously pointless and totally  counterproductive in the light of evidence from S.Africa.  Even the ultra cautious should be able to see the logic of that by now.

But Johnson didn’t want an initial lockdown. 
He also wanted more restrictions when omicron came along, luckily for him 100 of his MPs wanted less restrictions. 
Only a few weeks ago there was a you tube on here saying we would have 1, 2 or even 3 million cases a day, luckily that didn’t happen.

In September boosters were laughed at, when it came to them being important because of the jokes 1/3 of those eligible didn’t take them up. At tax payers expense we now have empty hubs, full only of staff and 100 of millions of doses of vaccine stockpiled that will go to waste, when the real problem is getting them out to the unvaccinated countries in the world.

Had the unvaccinated got vaccinated and others taken up their boosters, the U.K. among many other countries would now be in a much better position and our icu wards would be fairly empty and we could have got on with important things like cancer and heart operations to name but a few things.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

I hope you are not mocking the NHS as lots more would have been f***** without their courage. 
Most have stayed to the bitter end, but believe me 10’s of thousands will be gone in a few months time.

No, I’m mocking those who thought it would be a good idea to clap for them instead of campaigning for a deserved pay rise.

For your information, in protest to those too stuck up to give them payrises and think clapping was the answer, as well as this government not giving it to them, I’m actually running a local half marathon later in the year for NHS Together Charities and actually decided on this before Christmas.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

But Johnson didn’t want an initial lockdown. 
He also wanted more restrictions when omicron came along, luckily for him 100 of his MPs wanted less restrictions. 

Not that I am aware of. The only people pushing for more restrictions were ISAGE and certain sections of the media that have no gone very quiet as their fear mongering has become more exposed. The evidence that Omicron was far less serious was available well before Xmas. Excessive caution is just as costly as excessive openness. Either by design or good fortune we have choosen the correct course. The vulnerable still need to avoid risks but the vast majority need to get back to normality before they forget what it feels like.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The initial lockdown was the correct response but wasn't at the right time - it was way too late which meant that it had to remain in place far longer than would have been necessary if the government had acted more promptly (i.e. when the scientists advised it).

As far as Omicron was concerned, as far as I can recall, there was almost zero demand for actual lockdown from anyone but there was certainly a lot of people who quite rightly IMO wanted to see some of the less onerous restrictions brought in (and once again earlier) in order to take some speed out of the spread - this would have bought more time to get boosters into arms and reduced the build up of pressure on the NHS. It would also, IMO, have meant less carnage amongst our businesses who have effectively been thrown under the bus by the government during what has turned out to be a quasi/unofficial/(?insert own description) lockdown anyway.

• Like 1

Two of my friends who I used to see regularly on the Falmouth pub crawl, I haven’t seen much since Covid and the other one not at all. One of them used to work at one of the pubs we would visit and when she left, she didn’t go out much, then when Covid came along, I only ever seen her on Instagram and then surprisingly on Christmas Eve for the first time since March 2020!.

Our other friend stopped going out when he went to five gigs in a week all in Scotland. To recoup the spendings, he did an abstain from the pubs, only for this to be even more prolonged when Covid struck. He also later told my other half and myself on a video call in July 2020 that he has an underlying condition, so more the reason he hasn’t been out to a pub since and we haven’t seen him since November 2019! :(.

Still, all in all, the reason why I’m saying all this, is that although my better half and myself miss those people (and came across a photo today of myself and my other half with them both), I am using these examples, as I would like to point out that most of the public have acted intelligently through all of this, only for it to vastly improve this winter - such as taking up boosters, self policing in terms of restricting social lives such as like my friends have been doing; visits to pubs/restaurants, mitigating part of the need for laws.

Of course, there were idiots in the early stages of this having private parties, but that was only a minority of the population and we hardly heard about such acts going on during the third lockdown.