Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Just waiting for Boris to close us down again, if it’s football behind closed doors least we won’t have the pleasure of watching it

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KernowCanary said:

Boris hasn’t got the guts after all the truth about the parties.

“I wanted to be locked down waaaaah 😞

I'm not sure there is any need for firmer measures other than maintaining anything that helps the individual maintain protection. I have eight in my immediate family who have it and none have anything worse than the same as a seasonal cold. They certainly will not need a hospital. And I would guess a massive amount of the population will not return to work until 4 January.

And politically, Boris will not dare open himself up to a new year of pointed fingers. I doubt he will really be looking beyond himself when making a decision.

• Like 1

National

98,515 - 143        

rate of increase of  30.5%            rate of increase continues to decline    1.6 million tests

No updates 25th and 26th and incomplete data from Wales and Scotland due to holidays.

Local

Norwich   West rate             1289.3      Local   R  estimated 1 - 1.2

N&N Patients 

21-12-2021                                     19
20-12-2021 22
19-12-2021 23
18-12-2021 25
17-12-2021 23

Vax     

1st Dose      1,935              89.8% done                               Norwich numbers   78.2%        Booster rate 45.7%     

2nd Dose     2,084              82.2% done                                                                  71.9%

Booster    22,983     total          32,480,361                56.5%          

In Hospital

22-12-2021                                    8,240
21-12-2021 8,027
20-12-2021 7,825
19-12-2021 7,589
18-12-2021 7,435
17-12-2021 7,506

6 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Just waiting for Boris to close us down again, if it’s football behind closed doors least we won’t have the pleasure of watching it

Unfortunately looks like we'll have to keep going 😂

No further restrictions to be announced today.

So all this talk of 2 to 3 million testing positive and hospitalisation through the roof by New Years isn’t looking very likely! This week will certainly tell if the lack of restrictions, family gatherings will lead to the numbers quoted or if indeed they’ve been over hyped again!

The figure fudging that will happen from the Welsh and Scottish numbers will be biblical. 140% of the population will have covid by the middle of the week

”LoOK WerE RiGhT!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Looks like

25th Dec   113,628

26th Dec   108,893

Agree with these stats, deaths not given, i guess will be added  bit by bit in the coming days.

34 minutes ago, Indy said:

So all this talk of 2 to 3 million testing positive and hospitalisation through the roof by New Years isn’t looking very likely! This week will certainly tell if the lack of restrictions, family gatherings will lead to the numbers quoted or if indeed they’ve been over hyped again!

You have evidence of where there was talk of 2 or 3 million ?

15 minutes ago, RobJames said:

On 15/12/2021 at 22:37, Well b back said:

Because they have had Delta and vaccinations recently their immunity levels are high. I believe after my post Whitty also explained the same thing, I think this explains it. We were nowhere near as badly effected with Delta and a lot of our second jabs are 5 - 6 months old.

https://metro.co.uk/video/chris-whitty-pours-water-south-african-claim-omicron-milder-2570663/

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/chief-medical-officer-explains-omicron-22475872

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/omicron-variant/article-10314001/Chris-Whitty-calls-caution-promising-Covid-hospitalisation-data-South-Africa.html

I see some are predicting a million cases a day in just over a week, and 2 - 3 million a day by early January. This sounds really scary but if the boosted vaccines hold up ( as I expect ) against severe illness it’s a result. The biggest problem maybe the time it takes the booster to work. The Pfizer pill should be good but who will take priority as we only have limited courses, should it be given somebody unvaccinated or somebody vulnerable that is fully bolstered up.

As I said a few days ago this could be the last battle, however I suspect more likely that it will be regular vaccines are needed. 

27 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Actually we were at 1.7M on Christmas eve.

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

I cannot see any evidence of 2 or 3 million. Did you just make that up?

Can you not read? 15th by WBB….as above!

In Hospital numbers will climb for a while yet. If London has peaked we should see their numbers come down pretty soon.

32 minutes ago, Indy said:

Can you not read? 15th by WBB….as above!

Perhaps if you just quoted the relevant part. That might help.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-boris-johnson-urges-caution-over-christmas-but-is-yet-to-announce-restrictions-as-treasury-reveals-it-will-say-more-on-financial-support-later-12469075?postid=3154219#liveblog-body

scientists advising people to use the LFT test other than directed?

what is wrong with these guys? Just shut up and go and flog your book elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Perhaps if you just quoted the relevant part. That might help.

You asked me where it was quoted, I showed you that WBB had posted it, you then jumped in with I made it up! As I said I was quoting previous posts who quoted 2-3million by early January, WBB is very knowledgeable on this thread and an excellent poster. Best you read through the links and find it yourself. I’ve answered your questions! 

So no evidence. Ah well. I should not have expected a sceptic to back his claims. Further. Having read through all their articles. I can find NO mention of 2or3 million. What I did find was this 'Professor Hunter said that while the 1million-per-day figure was 'theoretically possible', he believes it is too high' from the Daily Mail. What you have done is simply copied something without checking the source. Probably because it suits your agenda. The irony of that will not be lost on most.

Edited by RobJames

26 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-boris-johnson-urges-caution-over-christmas-but-is-yet-to-announce-restrictions-as-treasury-reveals-it-will-say-more-on-financial-support-later-12469075?postid=3154219#liveblog-body

scientists advising people to use the LFT test other than directed?

what is wrong with these guys? Just shut up and go and flog your book elsewhere.

They can go do one for all I care, they’ve been nothing but a right pain in the backside day one since this started, especially with Sage and their worse case scenarios all the time.

13 minutes ago, RobJames said:

So no evidence. Ah well. I should not have expected a sceptic to back his claims.

Sceptic? I didn’t quote the numbers WBB did, secondly I’m making a statement that the 1-2 million isn’t going to happen! I’ll leave it there as your obviously on a trolling expedition on here, but feel free to PM WBB who originally quoted this I’m sure he’ll point you to where you want to go!

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Looks like

25th Dec   113,628

26th Dec   108,893

Hi Ricardo

The figures I believe we’re for England only

The figures showed there were 113,628 new infections reported in England on 25 December, 103,558 on 26 December and 98,515 on 27 December.

26 minutes ago, RobJames said:

So no evidence. Ah well. I should not have expected a sceptic to back his claims. Further. Having read through all their articles. I can find NO mention of 2or3 million. What I did find was this 'Professor Hunter said that while the 1million-per-day figure was 'theoretically possible', he believes it is too high' from the Daily Mail. What you have done is simply copied something without checking the source. Probably because it suits your agenda. The irony of that will not be lost on most.

Hints of Bill about this posting, Merry Christmas you old fool 👍

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Hints of Bill about this posting, Merry Christmas you old fool 👍

Hints of a Bell more like it!

Edited by Indy

Those who are desperate for more restrictions should check out what France has just announced. My favourite “we have totally lost our biscuit” rule is:

• Eating food and drink will be banned on long-distance transport.

….seriously….

Edited by The Real Buh