Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

Over 50's flat, over 60's and 70's still falling

Young'uns and lower vacinated cohorts still driving it.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Dr Campbell thinks its good news on Omicron

To be fair his report on hospital numbers in SA was a complete load of rubbish and his mate Ryan who said Omicron was less transmissible than Delta was quite worrying. 
We need to slow the numbers, simple as, to get those boosters in arms and first and second doses moving fast. Hopefully the vaccinating of the most vulnerable, the house bound, will begin next week, all be it 10 weeks later than it should be. The current data coming out of South Africa on paper is quite worrying, but in practice is likely to be totally different in Western countries. The government appears to have acted on the info coming out of Guateng, which is just as likely to be as right or as wrong as your guy, but let’s hope it’s wrong. Personally I suspect it will be somewhere in the middle, but of course if the vaccines don’t hold infections we could see one hell of a lot of infections, then we just need to hope ( no reason to suspect they won’t  ) Pfizer and Moderna hold up against severe disease. If they do and treatments work then it will be the western world getting back to normal in Spring and I have no reason to suspect the MRNA vaccines won’t do well. 

We are now at war with Ormicorn but as Vallance said today let’s prepare for the worse and hopefully it will be much better.

By the way I will be putting my trust in the vaccine at the weekend and attending FCR.

Hospitalizations in Omicron-hit South African province are RISING faster than in any previous wave with over 1,000 admissions in a week - as doctor warns: 'We shouldn't be seeing these kinds of numbers this early'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

To be fair his report on hospital numbers in SA was a complete load of rubbish and his mate Ryan who said Omicron was less transmissible than Delta was quite worrying. 
We need to slow the numbers, simple as, to get those boosters in arms and first and second doses moving fast. Hopefully the vaccinating of the most vulnerable, the house bound, will begin next week, all be it 10 weeks later than it should be. The current data coming out of South Africa on paper is quite worrying, but in practice is likely to be totally different in Western countries. The government appears to have acted on the info coming out of Guateng, which is just as likely to be as right or as wrong as your guy, but let’s hope it’s wrong. Personally I suspect it will be somewhere in the middle, but of course if the vaccines don’t hold infections we could see one hell of a lot of infections, then we just need to hope ( no reason to suspect they won’t  ) Pfizer and Moderna hold up against severe disease. If they do and treatments work then it will be the western world getting back to normal in Spring and I have no reason to suspect the MRNA vaccines won’t do well. 

We are now at war with Ormicorn but as Vallance said today let’s prepare for the worse and hopefully it will be much better.

By the way I will be putting my trust in the vaccine at the weekend and attending FCR.

Hospitalizations in Omicron-hit South African province are RISING faster than in any previous wave with over 1,000 admissions in a week - as doctor warns: 'We shouldn't be seeing these kinds of numbers this early'

I'm always suspicious of 'social influencers'  - Dr. Campbell is actually a Ph.D in nursing - not a medical doctor.

I would agree what we know so far is high transmissibility - and as far as infections goes can certainly defeat 2 jabs. 3 as of tonight looks better.

As to severity that's still very much to be proved in our populations (and in winter too). At a guess I would suggest similar to previous but we can of course hope.

50 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Actually given the present expected rapid rise in cases I suspect plan B is now too little too late. 

At least the kids break up in a week, students too.  However I'm suspicious that we'll be in a real mess in a couple of weeks with spiralling cases yet only then knowing the severity - too late to react if a poor prognosis.

Have trust in the vaccine my friend. 
The booking app has crashed tonight, people are running scared of our new variant. What persuasion couldn’t do the fear of Ormicron is already working.

This could be the last battle.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Have trust in the vaccine my friend. 
The booking app has crashed tonight, people are running scared of our new variant. What persuasion couldn’t do the fear of Ormicron is already working.

This could be the last battle.

Fear is a strong emotion and driver for some. I'm always positive that we have the means to defeat it but we need time and zero complacency which has been my bug-bear about Johnson and the 'it's gone away crowd let's party' all along. 

By th way - SA is 'summer' - It's not apparent to me how they could get more 'outdoors' there.

Edited by Yellow Fever

UK will be inundated by Omicron within weeks. Do not get sick for any reason or injured. Omicron doesn't have to be half as deadly as delta to completely overwhelm health care system.

Denmark has probably the best sequencing in the world. Two weeks until it takes the lead. This is real world data that says we are going into mother of all lockdowns.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/08/omicron-covid-cases-could-soon-exceed-one-million-day-says-sajid/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1638997832-1

1 million cases a day coming our way by the end of the month 😂 bring it on! What a f***ing s***show!

I wonder if it will get to a point where we all just constantly have Covid.

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/08/omicron-covid-cases-could-soon-exceed-one-million-day-says-sajid/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1638997832-1

1 million cases a day coming our way by the end of the month 😂 bring it on! What a f***ing s***show!

I wonder if it will get to a point where we all just constantly have Covid.

We do to a point, cold virus is a Covid isn’t it? 
Reality is we can’t stop this strain, you can try to put the brakes on, but it’ll go through the population at some point…..

Edited by Indy

36 minutes ago, Upo said:

Denmark has probably the best sequencing in the world. Two weeks until it takes the lead. This is real world data that says we are going into mother of all lockdowns.

who's footing the bill for this one? When does it end? When the entire world is at ZeroCovid? Then another pangolin will give us "Covid 20 - the squeakual"

Just now, Indy said:

We do to a point, cold virus is a Covid isn’t it?

1 million a day. If an infection period is 2 weeks then 20% of everyone will have it at 1 time.

If this really does come to fruition then jobs ****ed for the whole world healthcare system for a good while at least as no lockdown would be severe enough to stifle this short of the police shooting people in the streets and essential services stopping. Strap in guys! Hope we can at least beat Man U at the weekend so we don't end the world bottom of the prem

7 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

1 million a day. If an infection period is 2 weeks then 20% of everyone will have it at 1 time.

If this really does come to fruition then jobs ****ed for the whole world healthcare system for a good while at least as no lockdown would be severe enough to stifle this short of the police shooting people in the streets and essential services stopping. Strap in guys! Hope we can at least beat Man U at the weekend so we don't end the world bottom of the prem

Well 20 million have had the triple jab, so vast majority of them would be protected, the mild symptoms being reported appear to be backed up by the numbers being hospitalised in SA, the virus has been there for decent time and they’re not seeing additional beds taken by the virus, they are seeing more patients in hospital with other ailments testing positive so it looks like this is the variant most in the know were saying 18 months ago.

Who knows but I can’t see any lockdown being adhered to nor needed, time will tell, this government has totally cocked up any trust this population had in them.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well 20 million have had the triple jab, so vast majority of them would be protected, the mild symptoms being reported appear to be backed up by the numbers being hospitalised in SA, the virus has been there for decent time and they’re not seeing additional beds taken by the virus, they are seeing more patients in hospital with other ailments testing positive so it looks like this is the variant most in the know were saying 18 months ago.

Who knows but I can’t see any lockdown being adhered to nor needed, time will tell, this government has totally cocked up any trust this population had in them.

yup, I can't help but think we are at a pivotal moment with all this. We may just about squeak to Christmas without too much of a crisis but January is going to be a complete ****show either way. What even happens after the Omicron wave leaves town? We just wait for a new one to materialise and go again?

7 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

yup, I can't help but think we are at a pivotal moment with all this. We may just about squeak to Christmas without too much of a crisis but January is going to be a complete ****show either way. What even happens after the Omicron wave leaves town? We just wait for a new one to materialise and go again?

Indeed,but treatments are moving forwards too, so there’s a moment when we just treat Covid as another cold virus type. Just depends on how long before that moment comes! By March hopefully.

8 hours ago, Indy said:

Please don’t be led by the nurse claiming to be a medical doctor. 1000 in hospital in Gauteng in the last 5 days alone. Does not mean that it will happen in Western Europe if the vaccines hold up, but only time will tell. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Please don’t be led by the nurse claiming to be a medical doctor. 1000 in hospital in Gauteng in the last 5 days alone. Does not mean that it will happen in Western Europe if the vaccines hold up, but only time will tell. 

I haven't got a problem with him being a Ph.D  - but as with most of these YouTube channels they tend to tell people what they want to hear as opposed to what they should. Its just far too soon to draw any real conclusions on Omicron much beyond it's very very transmissible. There will always be an 'influencer'' selling an odd pseudo scientific crackpot theory - 'the fat emperor' comes to mind but Campbell I think is at least trying to be honest but still grasping at anything anecdotally positive.

My own completely unsubstantiated concern is that if Omicron is spreading so fast in 'outdoors' SA in summer - it might make hay in Carrow Road at a home game! Every football stadium could become Cheltenham super-spreader with rocket boosters!

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

I’m not, I’m being lead by the current findings from the WHO. We shall see, but the speed of spread means the hospitalisation and deaths also has a quicker lag.

By the way December is the start of higher malaria numbers I believe in Africa, so without knowing the reason for people being admitted we can’t place the blame on Covid. Everyone is tested on admission for Covid.

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

My own completely unsubstantiated concern is that if Omicron is spreading so fast in 'outdoors' SA in summer - it might make hay in Carrow Road at a home game! Every football stadium could become Cheltenham super-spreader with rocket boosters!

You can always stay at home and read my report😀

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I haven't got a problem with him being a Ph.D  - but as with most of these YouTube channels they tend to tell people what they want to hear as opposed to what they should. Its just far too soon to draw any real conclusions on Omicron much beyond it's very very transmissible. There will always be an 'influencer'' selling an odd pseudo scientific crackpot theory - 'the fat emperor' comes to mind but Campbell I think is at least trying to be honest but still grasping at anything anecdotally positive.

You’re not going to stop any virus with this transmissibility in the unvaccinated and though the vaccinated certainly are less prevalent to catching it along with spreading it they still will too.

You can shut down, and try to stop the spread but you still need to get out shopping, looking after loved ones and certainly can’t stop the spread. So getting the jab is the best option and then to go with limited sensible restrictions. What more can be done? I still think too many people are scared of the inevitable that we’re all going to die at some point, it’s still predominantly an old weaker or vulnerable killer, so these are the ones who should be looked after with advanced restrictions themselves to protect them. I’m not sure what those on here want a full global lockdown for a year to choke the virus?

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

You’re not going to stop any virus with this transmissibility in the unvaccinated and though the vaccinated certainly are less prevalent to catching it along with spreading it they still will too.

You can shut down, and try to stop the spread but you still need to get out shopping, looking after loved ones and certainly can’t stop the spread. So getting the jab is the best option and then to go with limited sensible restrictions. What more can be done? I still think too many people are scared of the inevitable that we’re all going to die at some point, it’s still predominantly an old weaker or vulnerable killer, so these are the ones who should be looked after with advanced restrictions themselves to protect them. I’m not sure what those on here want a full global lockdown for a year to choke the virus?

I think you misunderstand what we need to do and what the fear is - that's to slow or control the virus such that thr NHS isn't overwhelmed and collapses for all and everybody and we get scenes straight out of India here.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think you misunderstand what we need to do and what the fear is - that's to slow or control the virus such that thr NHS isn't overwhelmed and collapses for all and everybody and we get scenes straight out of India here.

No YF I haven’t and you nor I know what’s needed to be done! Hospitalisation are very low compared to the numbers infected with the delta variant which is at first report a down site more severe.

So I’ll go again to challenge the doomsters,, what exactly do you think needs to be done to slow it down?

1, stop everyone working? Millions of people need to travel to a work sites and mix, it’s just how it is.

2, stop people revelling? Goods are moved in massive bulk around the country do you want to stop all the deliveries?

3, stop people going shopping or going out at all? We still need to eat, see loved ones we care for etc.

4, stop education again?

Lets not beat around the bush, it’s not about slowing this strain, it’s R 2.5 to 4 in its transmission rates and is already in this country, it’s not going to be stopped.

Luckily over 20 million have already had three vaccines, vast majority have had two vaccines and this is going to stop the numbers hospitalised and deaths compared to other times we had big waves.

Additionally we now understand the treatments and hospitalisation time for Covid has been dramatically reduced.

So the reality is we’re totally unprepared in the way we live to prevent this from spreading, it’s like holding back a waterfall with a sieve, it’s heading our way and rather than think we can prevent this quick spread we need to have a plan to deal with it, if we really think more will be hospitalised then the nightingale hospitals should be implemented and additional staff put on standby.

WBB - just to say that I think December is the start of malaria in Africa and hospitalisation start to rise this time of year, so without actually knowing why patients are being hospitalised for we don’t know the true Covid numbers, as said anyone hospitalised is automatically tested for Covid.

I just don’t think there’s much more we can sensibly do, yes you can cancel parties, stop mass gatherings like sports events and cancel Christmas but it’s not going to stop the press of this variant.

Edited by Indy

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

No YF I haven’t and you nor I know what’s needed to be done! Hospitalisation are very low compared to the numbers infected with the delta variant which is at first report a down site more severe.

So I’ll go again to challenge the doomsters,, what exactly do you think needs to be done to slow it down?

1, stop everyone working? Millions of people need to travel to a work sites and mix, it’s just how it is.

2, stop people revelling? Goods are moved in massive bulk around the country do you want to stop all the deliveries?

3, stop people going shopping or going out at all? We still need to eat, see loved ones we care for etc.

4, stop education again?

Lets not beat around the bush, it’s not about slowing this strain, it’s R 2.5 to 4 in its transmission rates and is already in this country, it’s not going to be stopped.

Luckily over 20 million have already had three vaccines, vast majority have had two vaccines and this is going to stop the numbers hospitalised and deaths compared to other times we had big waves.

Additionally we now understand the treatments and hospitalisation time for Covid has been dramatically reduced.

So the reality is we’re totally unprepared in the way we live to prevent this from spreading, it’s like holding back a waterfall with a sieve, it’s heading our way and rather than think we can prevent this quick spread we need to have a plan to deal with it, if we really think more will be hospitalised then the nightingale hospitals should be implemented and additional staff put on standby.

WBB - just to say that I think December is the start of malaria in Africa and hospitalisation start to rise this time of year, so without actually knowing why patients are being hospitalised for we don’t know the true Covid numbers, as said anyone hospitalised is automatically tested for Covid.

I just don’t think there’s much more we can sensibly do, yes you can cancel parties, stop mass gatherings like sports events and cancel Christmas but it’s not going to stop the press of this variant.

Frankly Indy I think you're the doomster - it's a policy of despair- you seem to have given up any hope of controlling it.

Most of Europe is already restricting further - our current restrictions even the new plan B are in effect almost non-existent vs virus spread. As I noted earlier the schools and universities are within a week of shutting (large drivers) but yes we may need to look at the recreational and entertainment sector again in short order until we have some positive proof of the severity of the disease. Else we may well be partying in ignorance while all burns around us.

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Frankly Indy I think you're the doomster - it's a policy of despair- you seem to have given up any hope of controlling it.

Most of Europe is already restricting further - our current restrictions even the new plan B are in effect almost non-existent vs virus spread. As I noted earlier the schools and universities are within a week of shutting (large drivers) but yes we may need to look at the recreational and entertainment sector again in short order until we have some positive proof of the severity of the disease. Else we may well be partying in ignorance while all burns around us.

You can’t control it, that’s the point, Europe’s issues is with the delta variant! We are facing the new variant…..our delta battle looks pretty good to me!

What would you like to see done then?

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Each time I went somewhere today and used gel, kept my distance and wore a mask inside, I kept thinking as I watched others wear a mask but no gelling of hands etc, that it is now time to stop bellyaching and drive the message home. You must take all the personal precautions advised and provided. If we all do our tiny little bit, the sum will be great enough to weaken the spread.

If you don't, you won't be allowed in. At least that is a better choice than mandatory vaccination for instance. Surely it makes sense if we want to attend matches, go to the pub or restaurant?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Each time I went somewhere today and used gel, kept my distance and wore a mask inside, I kept thinking as I watched others wear a mask but no gelling of hands etc, that it is now time to stop bellyaching and drive the message home. You must take all the personal precautions advised and provided. If we all do our tiny little bit, the sum will be great enough to weaken the spread.

If you don't, you won't be allowed in. At least that is a better choice than mandatory vaccination for instance. Surely it makes sense if we want to attend matches, go to the pub or restaurant?

Absolutely I went to London two weeks ago, wore my mask at two shows and when in public places, I don’t need the government to I force it for me it’s common sense. My last visit to Carrow Road I wore my mask as soon as got near the ground all the way through….

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Christ! Pagel with the good news!

Interesting to see the "I am very smart" accounts like this fella https://mobile.twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ telling us we're all doomed unless we live in a bubble forever. He's probably right but I think at this point, many people would rather be doomed.

I’m doomed, I just don’t know when or how, but I’m certainly doomed 😂