Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

255k booster and third primary jabs done yesterday.👍

Finally cracking on.

Bit greedy of you!

Hi VW

The latest efficacy rates are getting quoted at 20 weeks, the rates vary depending on which report you read. If you look as well at real world data you will see when Israel hit a problem and how Wales have followed in their footsteps. As I understand it ( after hearing the Israeli man in charge on Peston ) Israel are possibly planning for dose 4. You must remember as well they used Pfizer, whereas a lot of our older citizens had AstraZeneca ( and you know my love for Andrew, Sarah and co ). Here is a bit quoting a Lancet report, so not a dodgy website. I have seen AstraZeneca being quoted as low as 47% after 20 weeks and Pfizer has been as high as 77% at the same time. It is impossible to get 100% accurate figures as this is such a new disease, but wether you look at real world data, or any data studies, they will all show you get your booster as the longer you leave it ( and the older you are ) the more risk you have of catching it, and then following on the more chance you have of hospitalisation and of course death. Have a look at Israeli data, cases, hospitalisations and deaths you will see the 5 month effect.

Our findings support recommendations from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) that adults who are clinically vulnerable, those aged 70 years or over, and all residents of care homes for older adults should be prioritised for booster doses.  In addition, those who were vaccinated with the Astra Zeneca vaccine, including most care home residents, are likely to have much lower antibody levels than those vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine, so this may also need to be considered when deciding who takes priority.

5 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

The boosters have been at around 200k a day for two weeks now

4 weeks in the government have finally launched a campaign to get publicity out on the boosters, strangely enough more people are now coming forward. 6 million now to catch up, let’s hope we can put it right.

48 minutes ago, Well b back said:

4 weeks in the government have finally launched a campaign to get publicity out on the boosters, strangely enough more people are now coming forward. 6 million now to catch up, let’s hope we can put it right.

Awful commercial though, just what is it with the glowing outlines round people’s bodies to illustrate immunity?.

Covid commercials should have been to the point, like the AIDS ones. People took that seriously as a result. Covid ad-break campaigns are like cringe gimmicks in comparison.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

@Van wink

This shows Israel data watch how cases start to rise after 5 months and cases drop after boosters and they are not that highly vaccinated as a % of population

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

Thanks WBB and for the earlier response. I have been aware of the drop off for quite sometime but was interested in the data you were referring to so that’s very helpful. Studies are going to get a lot more complex as this progresses, we don’t now just have the initial variables of vaccine type, sex, ethnicity, age etc but throwing in potential previous infection,  which variant was the infection from, different timing regimes of administering, boosters and  boosting with different vaccines from the original etc etc ……the whole study is getting far more complex.

• Like 1

By the Governments own admission, the UK's position as the worst performing country in terms of covid infections and deaths is precisely what they expected and planned for:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/7889938/rishi-sunak-lockdown-covid-boosters-winter-warning/

"Speaking at a vaccine centre in London, the PM today insisted that the surge of the virus was "always predicted" by scientists and is "fully in line with" what they expected.

RISING CASES

He said the most important thing people can do is come forward for their booster jabs.

Boris said: "Our autumn and winter plan always predicted that cases would rise around about now. We’re certainly seeing that in the numbers.

"We’re seeing high levels of infection, but they’re not outside the parameters of what was predicted or what we thought we’d see."

33 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Fcuk off and amuse yourself with Swindon, you have nothing to contribute on here.

Oh dear! Do you have a poll to "support" that? Perhaps you should read the articles you utter joke.

Neighbours both sides now have Covid.

Just anecdotal.

Edited by Yellow Fever
Why can't we have an English spell checker please ?

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

By the Governments own admission, the UK's position as the worst performing country in terms of covid infections and deaths is precisely what they expected and planned for:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/7889938/rishi-sunak-lockdown-covid-boosters-winter-warning/

"Speaking at a vaccine centre in London, the PM today insisted that the surge of the virus was "always predicted" by scientists and is "fully in line with" what they expected.

RISING CASES

He said the most important thing people can do is come forward for their booster jabs.

Boris said: "Our autumn and winter plan always predicted that cases would rise around about now. We’re certainly seeing that in the numbers.

"We’re seeing high levels of infection, but they’re not outside the parameters of what was predicted or what we thought we’d see."

I saw that and also his off the cuff comments on masks (JRM - Ok with those you 'know')

I just came to the conclusion that .

a). Johnson (Sunak also) now 'own' it  - same as the HGV and supply chain crisis - the 200 odd somewhat avoidable deaths a day (or as someone put it a 9/11 every 2 weeks) is all worth it and as per plan!

b). He's making it up as he goes along.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Fcuk off and amuse yourself with Swindon, you have nothing to contribute on here.

I share your exasperation with some posters! SC is a comedy act I'm sure.

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Aren't you shooting the messenger here??

Good Law Project are the very opposite of Johnson in that they are always very sure of their facts before they say anything, and from memory I think they have won every time they've ended up in court with the Government.

You may not like the message but it is unquestionably true however unpalatable you find it.

• Like 4

National

44,985 - 135

rate of increase of 15.2% over 7 days,

Local

Norwich rate 495.2  up 46% (7 days) a big rise locally continies.

patients in N&N 

19-10-2021                                 31
18-10-2021 33
17-10-2021 28
16-10-2021 28
15-10-2021 29
14-10-2021 28
13-10-2021 27
12-10-2021 29

Vax      (recalibrated again)

1st Dose      44,558             85.9% done                               Norwich numbers   75% 

2nd Dose     22,027             78.8% done                                                                  68.5%

In Hospital

21-10-2021                              8,238
20-10-2021 8,170
19-10-2021 7,924
18-10-2021 7,785
17-10-2021 7,420
16-10-2021 7,153
15-10-2021 7,130
14-10-2021 7,124

9 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Aren't you shooting the messenger here??

Good Law Project are the very opposite of Johnson in that they are always very sure of their facts before they say anything, and from memory I think they have won every time they've ended up in court with the Government.

You may not like the message but it is unquestionably true however unpalatable you find it.

Horsefly's jolyeon maugham?   Could be I guess, but it wasnt anyone first assumption....

13 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Horsefly's jolyeon maugham?   Could be I guess, but it wasnt anyone first assumption....

Is that the Tory Campaign HQ's official line, or are you just doing a bit of unpaid weekend overtime?

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

A very considered response. I particularly admire the way you logically rebutted his arguments one by one.

Ron - He's a self- publicist that if I recall was trying to argue with all his cherry picked facts and figures, graphs and leapt to conclusions to bamboozle people that we'd all reached herd immunity early summer 2020 - before the  'second wave' hit (I'd guess he'd argue Delta was different) . He's just trying (much as per Johnson) to sell a story that we all want to hear that we don't need to do anything. Easiest sell in the book (How's is his diet books doing?) to the unwary. 

If he's got something to say there is absolutely nothing to stop him putting forward a peer reviewed paper in say Nature with any of his sources. Arh but no - there is that 'conspiracy' against the facts.....

Until then, well we'll actually stick to the experts and internationally agreed science. Of course there's more to learn and no doubt our understanding will change but not by his blarney.

16 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Did you actually bother to read any of the articles I referred to, or were your references to me your only concern? If you're desperate for a signed photograph you only need to ask.

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

A very considered response. I particularly admire the way you logically rebutted his arguments one by one.

I don't need to . Others much better qualified than him or me have already done it .His much loved graphs have been ridiculed by proper mathematicians , everyone of his predictions about the course of the pandemic have been proved to be wrong by proper epidemiologists and virologists.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

I don't need to . Others much better qualified than him or me have already done it .His much loved graphs have been ridiculed by proper mathematicians , everyone of his predictions about the course of the pandemic have been proved to be wrong by proper epidemiologists and virologists.

Could you provide some links please.

You don't have to of course, but then I'd have no more reason to believe you than him.

59 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Did you actually bother to read any of the articles I referred to, or were your references to me your only concern? If you're desperate for a signed photograph you only need to ask.

Quite honestly, I didn't read the articles.  I am  of sure I have missed much but please feel free to provide a summary

Can I have a signed photo?  That would be smashing. Yes, please!

In all seriousness though like some pseudo sexual shark you venture onto these pages only when you scent blood. Thank god the other half of the act hasn't made an appearance too.